CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of search did they do of the house? Did they take dogs? Do any kind of search for blood?

I can't imagine anyone would be hiding these two somewhere, but it would be wonderful if they are still alive!

We haven’t been told the details of the search, but I think it’s fair to assume that it was thorough. It certainly would be wonderful if they were still alive and safe!

I suppose not. When asked, they responded, "Well, we have to look into every call." No, you don't. If someone called and said, "Hi, I'm reporting my neighbor because the dad is black and the mom is white and they just had a baby and that's abuse," you'd laugh in their face and hang up on them. You use judgment to decide what to investigate and what not to investigate. They need to use their judgment better.

I wonder if this particular type of thing probably happens more in quiet communities without a lot for them to do.

I really do understand the concern, but at the same time, I really do understand the fact that there are a *lot* more black children in foster care with no families than black families waiting in line to adopt them. Can we really get upset about this as long as A) All possible reasonable efforts are made for reunification and reaching out to family first, and B) there are still far more in foster care than those of the same race asking to adopt them?

My personal standard includes "If it was universal 200 years ago, it is NOT abuse or neglect today."

Who is the we that gets to be upset? <modsnip>

That&#8217;s truly a shame imo. I wonder if the people who are concerned about interracial adoption have ever been in the unfortunate position to not be able to have biological children of their own. Unfortunately, I will not be having my own biological children, despite how badly I sometimes long for children of my own. I would love to open my heart and life to a child, no matter his or her race/ethnicity. So while I get that people may be concerned about interracial adoption, many people are not able to have biological children... and most aren&#8217;t abusive monsters. JMO

I think reading things online will clarify it. The concerns

I don&#8217;t think that is in the least the same as native and black communities finally addressing their concnerns about white adoption.

But that was the part of the comment flourish (and then I) originally asked about.

There are a lot of mentors needed. And maybe an older child might work out, There are plenty waiting for adoption.

I don’t think that is in the least the same as native and black communities finally addressing their concnerns about white adoption.

Just curious, why do you feel that way? Can you explain with a TLDR?

Who is the we that gets to be upset? <modsnip>

Right? Like we can't be upset about white people adopting black children and using and abusing them the way the Harts did because hey, at least they were adopted? No, it's not okay to do what those women did. Not at all. Anyone who cares about children is right to be upset.

So it was little Ciera who was found. We all knew it was her, didn´t we.

R.I.P. sweet angel.

Now two are missing. The brave and rebellious ones, the ones that dared challenge their abusive mothers.
Like so many here have said, it makes you wonder. Was something done to them prior to the abrupt departure in the middle of the night?
I hope they too are found soon. Still a glimmer of hope they might be alive, but that glimmer is very, very small.

Just curious, why do you feel that way? Can you explain with a TLDR?

I do not know what TLDR is. But if you look online at articles from black and native communitites you can see what their concerns are.

They are their concerns, They have the right to have those concerns. They are telling us they are concerns. Why should we not listen?

If you could point me in the right direction with specific links I’d appreciate it. I’d like to share them with my black-and-Cuban-but-raised-by-white-parents best friend and see what she thinks/pick her brain. She just met her biological mom a couple months ago so it’d be interesting for me to compare the links with her opinions and feelings. Eta - we’ve been best friends since we were babies, I’m not going to “pick her brain” in a disrespectful way. Just wanted to throw that in their before someone takes my post the wrong way

I do not know what TLDR is. But if you look online at articles from black and native communitites you can see what their concerns are.

They are their concerns, They have the right to have those concerns. They are telling us they are concerns. Why should we not listen?

Just as some people here are expressing their concerns at others making comments alluding to same sex couples and/or white parents who adopt non white kids are nefarious.

Eta -TLDR means too long;didn’t read. People write TLDR to give a summary at the end of a long post.

R.I.P. sweet angel.

Now two are missing. The brave and rebellious ones, the ones that dared challenge their abusive mothers.
Like so many here have said, it makes you wonder. Was something done to them prior to the abrupt departure in the middle of the night?
I hope they too are found soon. Still a glimmer of hope they might be alive, but that glimmer is very, very small.

I think we all suspected it would be her.

Now I'm more confused about what happened, although I think most likely Hannah and Devonte were with them at the end and it's just a coincidence. There are so many ways that night could have gone.

Idk, I knew a guy of Thai descent who was abandoned as a toddler and adopted by a loving White couple. They had two almost grown children at the time of my friend's adoption. I first met him in middle school. When we were in high school I was reading his online blog that only people with passwords could read. He talked of an inner loneliness and a feeling of not fitting in or being like his family because he didn't look like them. He said he was sometimes shocked to look in the mirror and see himself and that no girls around him would like him because they were all White, and they were the ones that he was attracted to. Maybe it was just because he was a teen going through an awkward phase, but it seemed messed up and sad.

no she was a coward and just like the abuse, she abused them in the end, because they would have certainly gone to a better home, i mean for sure it couldnt have gotten worse
In her mind, she thought that she was giving them a better life...:moo:

I think we all suspected it would be her.

Now I'm more confused about what happened, although I think most likely Hannah and Devonte were with them at the end and it's just a coincidence. There are so many ways that night could have gone.

It is odd that the FBI have come out with missing persons´ alert so late. Something must have changed.
But, as you say, most likely scenario is that they are in the ocean.

It seems to me the investigation and searches have been rather slow and sporadic. Weather, I know, but still. Seems lackluster. They are missing KIDS <modsnip>.
Or am I getting this wrong, they are doing all they can?

I can´t believe that the only sighting of any of them during that long trip was that one of Jen in the store. (BTW, not eight bananas in that bundle - six maybe, but then, they could have shared.)
Has LE REALLY been looking for sights of them?

RIP, yes we suspected, no where are those other 2 off to, no missing canoe so on foot or made a call......waiting for that found iphone information, what they have on the computers and other cell phone or if one is missing and the other kids completed tox reports, curious about drugs...not sure about ciera tho, has it been too long to know?

R.I.P. sweet angel.

I think listening to the community for their suggestions and solutions is a first step. Why are they in the pipeline already?

Often, because the babies are born with drugs in their blood stream. Automatic removal in many cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes