CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would feel very insensitive going to the media to talk about someone I knew 20 years ago, when said person just murdered their children, two of which are still missing. Maybe their former classmates either don’t know what happened, don’t want to be connected to them, or feel it’s disrespectful to publicly speak about classmates from 20 years ago when four children are dead and two are still missing. JMO

Ha-- I can't hardly remember anything from 20 years ago, or 10 years ago or...

Can I just say thank you? Something about the casual description of being sensitive to your babies' possible feelings of abandonment gripped me. Just brought it right home who people like you are and what you do.

It's got to be hard as an adoptive mother to read about a case like this and to hear criticism in general of people adopting kids.

But you're a hero in my eyes. People like you making a child that didn't come from you, family. Making them yours and then facing all that means - dealing with the baggage they come with, with such sensitivity and love.

I don't feel like I could do what you've done. You're precious and I'm sorry parents like you have to deal with the blowback due to the rare psychos like these two.

Even though these words were not directed to me specifically :) ....they are so beautiful and heartfelt, thank you. I think all adoptive parents would say thank you for "getting it". One of the worst things about this case has been the online and even in person backlash against adoptive parents... :(

I used to read Ann Rule but the books were too intense. She really went into their lives.

You are out of luck if I knew you and you turned into an abuser and then a killer. I would tell what I know. Hopefully, these “mothers” will be investigated and added to a profile of criminals and their backstories .

Maybe someone will think, “Hey! Wait a minute! There is something not right here.”

A nice looking home in a nice neighborhood makes people automatically think things are OK. Well, look at the Bevers, the Turpins and the Harts.

Don’t we wish life was better for the dead, alive and missing.

When I first read this I was like, OMG, what happened to the Cleavers!? And then I realized that you said "Bevers", meaning Missy, and that "Beaver" was his first name, not his last name anyway. With so much awful stuff that goes on in Hollywood, though, I thought I'd missed something about one of the country's most fakely perfect families.

I get what you’re saying, but I also know people do this all the time with other crimes that are all over the news. So it is a little strange that no one has said anything at all about Jen’s formative years. I wonder if she didn’t have friends then either, thinking of her text that was released yesterday or today.

Because people haven't come out of the woodwork like they usually do, I also wonder if perhaps she's always kind of isolated herself.

When I first read this I was like, OMG, what happened to the Cleavers!? And then I realized that you said "Bevers", meaning Missy, and that "Beaver" was his first name, not his last name anyway. With so much awful stuff that goes on in Hollywood, though, I thought I'd missed something about one of the country's most fakely perfect families.

No.,Not Missy. A Bever family that was almost all killed by two teenage sons. Oklahoma. Trial right now.

I just watched the neighbors on Dr. Oz. Oh, so heartbreaking! My question now: Does Washington state not allow CPS to get a warrant to enter a house? She said that CPS can't enter without permission there. I know in my state, CPS can go to a judge and get a warrant to enter a house. Anyone know if that's not the case for Washington?

I missed seeing where the reference to the kids eating 'garbage' came from initially, but I am wondering if its context would allow for the meaning to have meant that rather than digging in the trash for food scraps, she meant they preferred eating 'junk food' (aka 'garbage')? Or was it clear that it was meant that the kids (and if so, was it all of them, or just certain ones, and were the ones who did this all from one adopted family, or from both sets of kids?) literally dug in the garbage for food?

I googled for a link. So far only this. https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...-remember-previous-foster-child-in-minnesota/

She said the kids ate out of garbage cans and the floor. Looking for a link

I just watched the neighbors on Dr. Oz. Oh, so heartbreaking! My question now: Does Washington state not allow CPS to get a warrant to enter a house? She said that CPS can't enter without permission there. I know in my state, CPS can go to a judge and get a warrant to enter a house. Anyone know if that's not the case for Washington?

Interesting. In my state we have to have law enforcement accompany us if we want a warrant. We hardly ever did that, unless we were certain that we were going to catch abuse in the act (which almost never happens). We never did it on the first visit. The first visit was always a friendly one because nothing had been substantiated at that time. If something happened on that visit, however, that gave us great concern then we might get a warrant and return.

One of the worst things about this case has been the online and even in person backlash against adoptive parents... :(

And homeschoolers. And interracial families. And same-sex couples. And large families. And hippies. And ...

We could do a better job of remembering that there are bad apples in every bunch, and a story like this is unusual because it's so very unusual. There are millions of adoptive families, homeschooling families, etc., out there *not* hiding a bunch of abused kids in their houses. Almost none are doing what the despicable Turpins and Harts did. No, we don't need to change a million laws, but we do need to make a few common-sense changes that will improve lives for thousands, like making sure relatives seeking to adopt aren't held to higher standards than strangers seeking to adopt, and we need to remember that these crazy women don't represent the entire body of people who share any given characteristic with them.

I missed seeing where the reference to the kids eating 'garbage' came from initially, but I am wondering if its context would allow for the meaning to have meant that rather than digging in the trash for food scraps, she meant they preferred eating 'junk food' (aka 'garbage')? Or was it clear that it was meant that the kids (and if so, was it all of them, or just certain ones, and were the ones who did this all from one adopted family, or from both sets of kids?) literally dug in the garbage for food?

Long article but the garbage reference is in the article.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article208294694.html

No.,Not Missy. A Bever family that was almost all killed by two teenage sons. Oklahoma. Trial right now.

Dang it, I STILL didn't get it right! I am clearly out of the loop. Must go research the Bever family now...

Internet Trolls. Haters. People not happy thinking he was forced to hug the police officer. There are alot of haters on the internet.
But people at that time did not know his mom told him to hug the police officer. I still dont get the who, what and why. A few trolls maybe, but stalkers. Anyway, we'll never know I guess if that is what made Jen so despondent those 8 months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I just wanted to point out (sorry if already done and I have missed it!), how young the kids were when they were first brought into the Hart home. I realize that even at a very young age, kids can already be very damaged when they arrive into foster care, but seems like the Harts would not have been able to blame eating out of the garbage on all of the childrens' pasts (if in fact all of them were even doing that?)? I was kind of surprised when I determined their approx ages upon arrival into the Hart home, because of how JH had apparently presented the children as so damaged and disabled for life? The most surprising one to me is Hannah, at only 3 when she arrived.

It's unclear to me (does anyone else here on the thread know?) when exactly Devonte and his siblings came into the Hart home. The kids were removed from their aunt in Dec2006 and put into foster care, but I haven't found an article which elaborates as to whether they were placed right away into the Hart home. It was for sure sometime between December 2006 when they were removed from their aunt and September 2008 (when there was reported child abuse of Hannah while living in the Hart home). This linked article states that Devonte's fam had been in the Harts' care for 7 years at time of writing in November 2014, so that would take it back to 2007 if that was accurate.
(https://web.archive.org/web/20150627182651/http:/papertrail.co.nz/meet-devonte-little-boy-big-heart/)

Abigail (14)-according to Harts' first foster child, 'Lee', this child would've been practically a newborn? when she arrived into the Hart home in spring 2005 (https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...rtbreak-though-not-the-way-some-might-expect/)

Hannah (16-dob Feb 25/02)-would've only been 3 in spring 2005 when came into Hart home

Sierra (13-dob Apr20/05)(Devonte's sister)(was for sure living in the Hart home at the very latest, by September2008)-would've only been 3.5 or younger when came into Hart home

Jeremiah: 14 (Devonte's brother) - would've been only 4 or younger when came into Hart home (was for sure living in the Hart home by September2008)

Devonte: 15.5-dob Oct24/02)-would've been 5 or younger when arrived into the Hart home (was for sure living in the Hart home by September2008)

Markis: 19-would've been 6 when came into the Hart home in spring 2005)

Note: we know it was spring 2005 when the first set of kids came into the home because of Lee's story.

The "hate mail" could very well have been from trolls making general, nasty comments. I posted about this earlier and spoke of my experiences (I have a job that necessitates a great amount of public interaction, most of which occurs online). I receive "hate mail" just about every day, even though what I do has nothing to do with politics, religion, or other polarizing topics. On my FB page yesterday I shared some examples of troll mail I've received this week alone. One person made fun of my hair (it's very blonde). Another person wrote and told me that they hoped someone would murder me because, well, I don't really know why. Just because. My 6-year-old is in the media a lot. Every time she gets out there, we are barraged with emails and calls from people who are literally just making fun of her, threatening her (or us), or hating on her looks (she is quite beautiful). As I shared in my other post, I once received a public comment from someone saying that she was "an abomination but still rapeable." She was 3 at the time.

I have a very non-polarizing job. My job literally just requires me to entertain people. That doesn't stop the trolls from trollin'. The "haters" don't have to "interpret" anything. If you do something that puts you out in the public eye, even for a second, then you're opening yourself up to a world of miserable people who simply want to be mean.
Thanks for sharing your personal experiences. I hadn't seen your earlier posts. Its really hard to wrap my head around that kind of disgusting behavior. Im sorry you have to see that kind of stuff day in and day out. Hard to entertain with trolls cramping your style.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by whoopiecushions

Did she really make a comment about wanting to be in their lives forever? If she actually said that I'd feel differently. But I don't recall reading that. I was under the impression that they met and bonded and she casually offered to help the girls with their hair. That's the article I read. Perhaps there's another article with more information about this woman but this article didn't give me the impression that her offer was weird.

Attachment 133153
I’m sorry I have no source for this. I just remembered I read this somewhere.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...art-family-that-plunged-off-california-cliff/

But people at that time did not know his mom told him to hug the police officer. I still dont get the who, what and why. A few trolls maybe, but stalkers. Anyway, we'll never know I guess if that is what made Jen so despondent those 8 months.

People knew what happened and were commenting on the story as early as December 2014.

I just wanted to point out (sorry if already done and I have missed it!), how young the kids were when they were first brought into the Hart home. I realize that even at a very young age, kids can already be very damaged when they arrive into foster care, but seems like the Harts would not have been able to blame eating out of the garbage on all of the childrens' pasts (if in fact all of them were even doing that?)? I was kind of surprised when I determined their approx ages upon arrival into the Hart home, because of how JH had apparently presented the children as so damaged and disabled for life? The most surprising one to me is Hannah, at only 3 when she arrived.

It's unclear to me (does anyone else here on the thread know?) when exactly Devonte and his siblings came into the Hart home. The kids were removed from their aunt in Dec2006 and put into foster care, but I haven't found an article which elaborates as to whether they were placed right away into the Hart home. It was for sure sometime between December 2006 when they were removed from their aunt and September 2008 (when there was reported child abuse of Hannah while living in the Hart home). This linked article states that Devonte's fam had been in the Harts' care for 7 years at time of writing in November 2014, so that would take it back to 2007 if that was accurate.
(https://web.archive.org/web/20150627182651/http:/papertrail.co.nz/meet-devonte-little-boy-big-heart/)

Abigail (14)-according to Harts' first foster child, 'Lee', this child would've been practically a newborn? when she arrived into the Hart home in spring 2005 (https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...rtbreak-though-not-the-way-some-might-expect/)

Hannah (16-dob Feb 25/02)-would've only been 3 in spring 2005 when came into Hart home

Sierra (13-dob Apr20/05)(Devonte's sister)(was for sure living in the Hart home at the very latest, by September2008)-would've only been 3.5 or younger when came into Hart home

Jeremiah: 14 (Devonte's brother) - would've been only 4 or younger when came into Hart home (was for sure living in the Hart home by September2008)

Devonte: 15.5-dob Oct24/02)-would've been 5 or younger when arrived into the Hart home (was for sure living in the Hart home by September2008)

Markis: 19-would've been 6 when came into the Hart home in spring 2005)

Note: we know it was spring 2005 when the first set of kids came into the home because of Lee's story.

OMG! That makes it a million times worse to me. Those little tiny kids subjected to the horror. Kids are so roly poly cute at that age.

I get such a kick out of kids wearing shorts at that age. They are always around their ankles. So hilarious.

I can't help suspect that Hannah may have had some kind of developmental disorder/issue/delay, both physically and mentally perhaps, just from pics and what little I've seen on videos. Her small stature may be related to some kind of a disorder (and possibly also gum/teeth condition which could potentially have contributed to her permanent teeth coming out in the first place?)? Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea