CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the disciplined on Sunday thing was just that it happened in the last weekend or two and was more memorable because all of them got a little too loud and crazy (or whatever) so Jen went stark raving angry yelling at them all then sending them to bed (or spanking or whatever). Kids tend to think of things that were different or recent.

My son mentioned to the school psychologist stepping in dog poop in our backyard. That doesn’t usually happen as we have a service to pick that up but it was fresh on his mind. Kinda embarrassing, but...

And sometimes it does seem all the kids lose their minds at the same time (which frustrates me too). For example, for some reason, yesterday the kids didn’t do their chores so Daddy was clear they needed to be done today or no Saturday night movie (my kids get very little screen time so this is pretty big). For whatever reason, they decided to test the limit, all of them. So yes, they all will miss out tonight. If my son tells the story, no doubt it will be “we were all punished Saturday night.” He will probably add that they had to go to bed early which is really on time, just not late. But how would the person told that know that?

Anyway, even knowing these women were abusive (and that the discipline may have been inappropriate), I wouldn’t read too much into a comment about them all being discipline one day.

I never saw Sarah's salary before; thanks! That's quite a bit higher than I was guessing.

I asked before but haven’t gotten a response. Is $53k confirmed or just a salary seen on Glassdoor.Com or a similar site?

Jen seems driven, goal-oriented, motivated, organized, able to express herself, and always appeared neat and appropriately dressed. Untreated schizophrenia at her age, and while caring for six children - she would have been a mess, and likely have an arrest record* and some hospitalizations.

I'm not a professional but I have experience in the mental health field. So far nothing about her suggests she had schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. But depression and anxiety would be possible, IMO.

*eta: Not an arrest record for violent crimes, but for things like trespassing or other minor offenses.

It probably doesn’t matter, but the fact that she didn’t finish college while Sarah did, makes me question if she truly was driven, goal oriented, etc.

In January 2000, Hart walked into the local Shopko and stole a pair of Nike running shoes and 25 packs of sports trading cards.

She told police she had no idea why. “Hart also told me that there has been a lot happening lately that could have caused her to do it,” a police report said. It doesn’t explain what she meant. She pleaded guilty to petty theft.

She stayed in school but left before graduating in 2002 when Gengler earned her degree.
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...st_to_her_drive_off_the_california_cliff.html

I'm curious, had she continued her education and gotten her degree, would that petty theft conviction have prevented JH from getting a teaching job?

I asked before but haven’t gotten a response. Is $53k confirmed or just a salary seen on Glassdoor.Com or a similar site?

It was just a number thrown out for people in her position. I don’t know what website it was gleaned from several threads ago. I was just using it as a jumping off point. It makes sense to me that she would make around average for her position especially considering so many years experience.

Obviously, my post would change considerably if she made only $20K instead.

My point really was that the check from the state of Texas would factor in for welfare.

Jen's history of shoplifting might point to an overall pattern of impulsive and reckless behavior. Might. Just a thought that crossed my mind.

History of shoplifting? I thought it was just the one offense of shoes and sports cards. Did I miss something? Thanks.

It probably doesn’t matter, but the fact that she didn’t finish college while Sarah did, makes me question if she truly was driven, goal oriented, etc.

Her drive and goals didn't include college is what I got from it. Everything else she went after hard and got.

It was just a number thrown out for people in her position. I don’t know what website it was gleaned from several threads ago. I was just using it as a jumping off point. It makes sense to me that she would make around average for her position especially considering so many years experience.

Obviously, my post would change considerably if she made only $20K instead.

My point really was that the check from the state of Texas would factor in for welfare.

Sorry, wasn’t directing it at you. But $53k is a decent salary in some areas of the country, so I’m curious if that was really her salary or just hearsay since I’ve seen it mentioned several times.

I thought I remembered that they could not identify the body because they could not find any dental records from any dentist? How can you have a retainer if you have not been to the dentist?

You can order a retainer online. Its true. Haha.
The company sends you a kit. You take an impression and send it back.
It takes a couple of weeks. Much much cheaper.

Earlier I posted the structure of dysfuctional families. I think Hannah was the child who was the source of all problems. If it was not for Hannah, their family would be perfect.

Why she would get that role, who knows. But I believe she did.

Remember, she had the major crime of having a penny in her pocket.

Maybe Jen thought that Hannah was a liar and thief like Jen. Projection, Beat it out of her

It was Abigail who was beaten for having a penny. Hannah reported to the neighbors being beaten with belts though.

That’s still a history.

Right, but many people have shoplifted once or twice and never done it again. It's not the same as having a history of shoplifting or being a repeat offender. If someone once got drunk and took off her shirt in public I wouldn't say that person has a history of exhibitionism.

Sorry, wasn’t directing it at you. But $53k is a decent salary in some areas of the country, so I’m curious if that was really her salary or just hearsay since I’ve seen it mentioned several times.

I'm curious, too. One could live VERY well on that salary here where I live. Average housing costs are less than $115,000. I'm not sure cost of living is in those specific parts of Oregon/Washington/Minnesota, though.

You can order a retainer online. Its true. Haha.
The company sends you a kit. You take an impression and send it back.
It takes a couple of weeks. Much much cheaper.

For some reason I think this sounds kind of awesome.

I'm curious, too. One could live VERY well on that salary here where I live. Average housing costs are less than $115,000. I'm not sure cost of living is in those specific parts of Oregon/Washington/Minnesota, though.

The Portland area is pricey. I wouldn't think they could take care of 6 kids on 53k (ish) alone.

Here's a site where you can compare the cost of living in your city to another city:
https://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/

Example Pittsburgh to Woodland:
A salary of $50,000 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania should increase to $68,182 in Woodland, Washington.

Kids can drown in a matter of seconds. Maybe that was the impetus and your friend did not want to say that. My friend’s sister’s sister drowned in a mud puddle in the yard years ago

There was literally no water left for them to drown in, This woman would've had to have been watching for an opportunity to enter the yard when she thought my friend was gone [but wasn't]. I really don't want to derail the thread with a discussion of this, my point is that we can't make a blanket statement that CPS never responds unless the situation is dire.

After reading this new article and another FB post of Jen's where she wrote about being able to travel so far and wide for longish periods of time with just the kids, something tells me that packing these kids into the car at 3 am that fatal weekend may not have been unusual for them.

I get the sense that there was little structure, routines or schedules for these kids. Which would make it hard on both the kids and the parents. Especially if these kids had any kind of disability or special needs,which I now seriously doubt. Developmental delays, perhaps, which would have been exacerbated by the parenting of the adoptive family.

I, too, doubt all the disabilities and special-needs kids claims - developmental and intellectually behind because of how they've lived since adopted, yes.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...st_to_her_drive_off_the_california_cliff.html

I'm curious, had she continued her education and gotten her degree, would that petty theft conviction have prevented JH from getting a teaching job?
It depends on the state, but petty theft isn't usually on the list of immediate disqualifiers (Professional Practices rules). But - I don't know of many principals who would hire someone with any conviction if there were applicants with clean records.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Right, but many people have shoplifted once or twice and never done it again. It's not the same as having a history of shoplifting or being a repeat offender. If someone once got drunk and took off her shirt in public I wouldn't say that person has a history of exhibitionism.

Sure, but given the circumstances, I think it matters. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member