CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
'We're going stop here for a few minutes and enjoy the view. Everyone take off your seat belts and relax.' - It is my feeling that this is why the stop. I'm sure many would want to get out of the car to relieve themselves, if nothing else, but then again, if the engine was still on, the doors would have been locked and no one could get out.

I think Jen is the only one who knew what was coming - and it was planned from the get-go; hence why everyone was drugged with Benadryl - most likely unknowingly - deliberately put in everyone's water bottles - or a shared water jug.

I also think this could have long been the 'ultimate escape plan' for Jen in her mind as their lives and their minds became unraveled. There are too many excuses made along her social posts of why the children could never live normal lives, or get jobs, etc. And, there would be no income for them after they reached 18. Perhaps Benadryl was being used inside that house for a long time to sedate the family. I think Jen decided a while ago that she'd run as long as should could, until she couldn't.

I would think there was serious mental illness, personality disorders both women had - and were co-dependent. If they weren't getting medical treatment - then the symptoms and behaviors weren't managed. And personality disorders can't always be helped with medication anyhow.

In the end, it was mass murder and suicide. I don't have a theory on the missing two. However, I do believe that some may have been dead/killed/deceased before the plunge, including Sarah. Whatever those last moments were, they were filled with terror, sedated or not.

Interesting thing: A child in the report stated that "all children got disciplined on Sunday." What are the chances that all children were bad? Or was that just the day they normally would be disciplined or the meaner mom was home?

I wonder if they all got punished if one misbehaved. Some teachers have used that “technique” in their classrooms. All it does is turn kids against each other IMO.

I wish the kids were hiding out somewhere. I think there is zero possibility that some people at a "compound", especially pot farmers, would harbor kids being sought by the FBI, whose parents murdered their siblings.

To what end? Just keep a couple teenagers isolated in a secure compound until..what? Until they magically emerge at some point? And are able to say where they were?

What I could almost believe though is that the kids were being held by super anti-government paranoid people who feel the Harts were being persecuted and are trying to "save" the kids from that. (I would not expect them to be business operators with a pot farm though. Those people don't want trouble).

However, it doesn't make sense to me that the two who blew the lid off the reality the women were hiding, would be spared or left somewhere safe while the rest were murdered.

I really want to believe such a scenario but I can't.

Katy made quite a case for the impenetrable aspect of a pot farm. It seems possible to me. They certainly are anti govt

Report was made months later.

From “fake news” on the interent, people think CPS has all kinds of big power. That is rarely true, There has to be a lot of info before they will act.

Just cuz someone calls up and says something does not mean it qualifies for investigation, A report months later is pretty much a loser.

bbm. Agreed. Another misperception is that they have an unlimited budget. Totally untrue. Caseloads in most places are far too large, and they have to prioritize calls. Someone calling CPS to say the kids next door say they're not being fed enough is going to be a lower priority than someone calling CPS to say they've seen physical abuse or reporting an immediate, right that minute, danger.

I once had the 9 year old kid next door come over to my place after work and tell me she and her little brother didn't have anything to eat for dinner. She told me their dad was (and had been for years) completely out of the picture, their mother was a nurse who worked nights, and their older half-sister wasn't there. I didn't know whether they truly had nothing to eat or what the situation was, so I gave her sandwiches and fruit and sent her home. Two months later, she was back saying no food and now no electricity. It was autumn, so that meant no heat. I gave her food and a sleeping bag, and when she left I called CPS. They told me it would be at least a week to two weeks before they would be able to investigate. When I expressed surprise, the CPS worker explained that each worker had approximately 50 cases at any given time and thus they had to prioritize calls by degree of imminent danger to the child.

tl;dr: if you want better child protective services in your state, lobby for better funding.

I find it fascinating that this friend, who has defended Jen so vociferously, basically only had contact with 2 of the 6 kids and never heard one of them speak. This raised no red flags for her???

I wonder about all of the people who said they were such great parents. What did they base that on?

I wonder if they all got punished if one misbehaved. Some teachers have used that “technique” in their classrooms. All it does is turn kids against each other IMO.

Could be. And a child is selected as the good example.

Thank you! Interesting read and some new pics. Maybe the final side trip where Nasalle, WA showed up is because they went to the Astoria area. Not for the children, but for JH. In addition to the Astoria OR area, there are a couple film locations for the Goonies on the California coast, both of them south of Fort Bragg and north of San Francisco. Bodega Bay, CA and Goat Rock State Beach, Jenner, CA. Just wondering if the road trip was an attempt to relive those places from the movie. Places that gave JH comfort. Just a thought and MOO.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089218/locations

She loved animals, the outdoors, sports and ‘80s pop culture and made sure all the children did too. She spent months in 2015 making costumes to mark the 30th anniversary of The Goonies, a movie she memorized with her dad and brothers.
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...st_to_her_drive_off_the_california_cliff.html

I know of a woman who is a professional with three kids, now grown, who is Disney obsessed. She even calls some kind of line to talk to someone. Unclear, I know, but when I heard it I was too stunned to asked anything.

Sounds like Jen had a Goonies fixafion. I love that movie as well. But not that much.

Devonte Hart's mother: tracing her life from the Midwest to her drive off the California cliff

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...st_to_her_drive_off_the_california_cliff.html

This article is giving a fuller picture of Jen's life and how the kids were being raised.

I read through it twice, paying attention to the pictures and the information.

In the early years with the Harts, the kids were dressed more traditionally. I get the impression that the abuse charge in 2010 was a real turning point and can't shake the feeling that Jen was suffering from some kind of mental illness.

And as much as their friends talk about how much in love Jen and Sarah were, I don't get the sense of a healthy and balanced relationship. The lifestyle that Jen was paving also put a severe financial strain on the family, something the author of the article does not address, but it seems to be another tipping point leading into the downward spiral beginning in 2016.

Sad to read that Hannah rarely spoke when the one friend visited.

I'm sure we'll be finding out more in the days, weeks and months to come.

You’re the way an adoptive parent should be musemoon. Sending hugs for you, your family and your daughter. :heartbeat:I have friends with two adorable adopted sisters. The younger one (9) has extremely serious issues and was hospitalized at a treatment facility for many months, and eventually diagnosed bipolar (I think RAD too). It’s such a challenge, but at the moment she is doing much better. Her parents are terrific, and my heart goes out to them.

Sadly, it sounds as if Jen spent their subsidy traveling the country with the kids, according to the Oregonian story just posted.

[FONT=&amp]“Jennifer Hart drove hundreds of thousands of miles with her six children in tow. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]They danced in Bliss, Idaho, meditated in Zion National Park and made their own brass band in New Orleans.”

It’s a disturbing article IMO, with photos I haven’t seen before.

[/FONT]

Reading the reality of what many of you adoptive parents on here or your adoptive parent friends deal with when adopting a
child brings it home even more how wonderful adoptive parents truly are. It's not just taking someone else's biological child into your home to love and raise, regardless of ethnicity or whatever, it's also dealing with super intense issues that many children don't typically have. Issues stemming from their families of origin or early experiences, etc.

I'm in awe of it.

Then come a long the rare creeps like these two. Particularly psychologically ill-equipped to deal with the needs of kids adopted from foster care and the challenges such kids face. It seems overwhelming for even the most psychologically stable person to deal with. But someone like Jen? Ugh.

'We're going stop here for a few minutes and enjoy the view. Everyone take off your seat belts and relax.' - It is my feeling that this is why the stop. I'm sure many would want to get out of the car to relieve themselves, if nothing else, but then again, if the engine was still on, the doors would have been locked and no one could get out.

I think Jen is the only one who knew what was coming - and it was planned from the get-go; hence why everyone was drugged with Benadryl - most likely unknowingly - deliberately put in everyone's water bottles - or a shared water jug.

I also think this could have long been the 'ultimate escape plan' for Jen in her mind as their lives and their minds became unraveled. There are too many excuses made along her social posts of why the children could never live normal lives, or get jobs, etc. And, there would be no income for them after they reached 18. Perhaps Benadryl was being used inside that house for a long time to sedate the family. I think Jen decided a while ago that she'd run as long as should could, until she couldn't.

I would think there was serious mental illness, personality disorders both women had - and were co-dependent. If they weren't getting medical treatment - then the symptoms and behaviors weren't managed. And personality disorders can't always be helped with medication anyhow.

In the end, it was mass murder and suicide. I don't have a theory on the missing two. However, I do believe that some may have been dead/killed/deceased before the plunge, including Sarah. Whatever those last moments were, they were filled with terror, sedated or not.

I take Benadryl nightly because I'm allergic to animals and yet they sleep with me!! It makes your mouth numb if the capsule breaks open or if you rest a caplet in your mouth without swallowing for too long. It has a weird bitterish taste and numb feeling. And that's just one little capsule.

The amount necessary to being able to drug an unsuspecting adult into unconsciousness would be very very obvious.

I firmly believe Sarah was in on it. She took it so she wouldn't be aware of herself dying and they made their kids swallow capsules.
Then Jen just took a few swings of liquid courage.

You’re the way an adoptive parent should be musemoon. Sending hugs for you, your family and your daughter. [emoji813]beat:I have friends with two adorable adopted sisters. The younger one (9) has extremely serious issues and was hospitalized at a treatment facility for many months, and eventually diagnosed bipolar (I think RAD too). It’s such a challenge, but at the moment she is doing much better. Her parents are terrific, and my heart goes out to them.

Sadly, it sounds as if Jen spent their subsidy traveling the country with the kids, according to the Oregonian story just posted.

[FONT=&amp]“Jennifer Hart drove hundreds of thousands of miles with her six children in tow. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]They danced in Bliss, Idaho, meditated in Zion National Park and made their own brass band in New Orleans.”

It’s a disturbing article IMO, with photos I haven’t seen before.

[/FONT]
Bliss, Idaho?!? What a strange place to end up.... It's out in the middle of nowhere and there isn't anything there... The population is only about 300. Weird. I guess it is right off I84, but it's just like a place to get gas on your way somewhere else. I suspect they just liked the name or something. Idk I just remember going to a wedding in Bliss as a tweenager... It was at the restaurant/bowling alley/bar. I think that was the first time I ever saw a condom machine in a bathroom, too, lol and was fascinated.

I finally saw the video with the family at the Bernie Sanders rally. I don't think Markis had any serious cognitive issues. He seemed quite in tune with what was happening and understanding the nuances of the symbolism of the bird, actually long before many there did.

I have no doubt these kids came to the home with significant issues as many kids from foster care do (see my last post) but I also get the strong sense that the parents greatly exaggerated those issues in a bid for attention and accolades.

bbm. Agreed. Another misperception is that they have an unlimited budget. Totally untrue. Caseloads in most places are far too large, and they have to prioritize calls. Someone calling CPS to say the kids next door say they're not being fed enough is going to be a lower priority than someone calling CPS to say they've seen physical abuse or reporting an immediate, right that minute danger.

I'm sure this is true in many places, but it seems that responses are sometimes extremely lacking and sometimes completely over-the-top. Different location, but they had time to investigate when my friend allowed her toddler to be naked in a kiddie pool in their backyard, which is completely screened from view.

It sounds like Jen spent a long time with the kids alone. Six months, at one time, the article says. Plus she would bring them to events by herself.

It is hard enough to bring a couple of kids anywhere by yourself. Keeping track of them in crowds is just one issue.

And supposedly these kids were sooooooooo damaged.

I imagine we will never know what life at home was like. Cooking, cleaning, food prep.

I always wondered how some people had so many kids. Providing a good life for kids takes a lot of time and work.

Then I figured it out, They prop the bottle. Do not answer cries. Eventually the child stops thinking s/he can influence the world.

I bet those kids had their needs extinguished. Compliant. Like prisoners

I'm sure this is true in many places, but it seems that responses are sometimes extremely lacking and sometimes completely over-the-top. Different location, but they had time to investigate when my friend allowed her toddler to be naked in a kiddie pool in their backyard, which is completely screened from view.

If it was screened from view, how did anyone know?

bbm. Agreed. Another misperception is that they have an unlimited budget. Totally untrue. Caseloads in most places are far too large, and they have to prioritize calls. Someone calling CPS to say the kids next door say they're not being fed enough is going to be a lower priority than someone calling CPS to say they've seen physical abuse or reporting an immediate, right that minute, danger.

I once had the 9 year old kid next door come over to my place after work and tell me she and her little brother didn't have anything to eat for dinner. She told me their dad was (and had been for years) completely out of the picture, their mother was a nurse who worked nights, and their older half-sister wasn't there. I didn't know whether they truly had nothing to eat or what the situation was, so I gave her sandwiches and fruit and sent her home. Two months later, she was back saying no food and now no electricity. It was autumn, so that meant no heat. I gave her food and a sleeping bag, and when she left I called CPS. They told me it would be at least a week to two weeks before they would be able to investigate. When I expressed surprise, the CPS worker explained that each worker had approximately 50 cases at any given time and thus they had to prioritize calls by degree of imminent danger to the child.

tl;dr: if you want better child protective services in your state, lobby for better funding.

BBM. Bingo.

Devonte Hart's mother: tracing her life from the Midwest to her drive off the California cliff

This article is giving a fuller picture of Jen's life and how the kids were being raised.

I read through it twice, paying attention to the pictures and the information.

In the early years with the Harts, the kids were dressed more traditionally. I get the impression that the abuse charge in 2010 was a real turning point and can't shake the feeling that Jen was suffering from some kind of mental illness.

And as much as their friends talk about how much in love Jen and Sarah were, I don't get the sense of a healthy and balanced relationship. The lifestyle that Jen was paving also put a severe financial strain on the family, something the author of the article does not address, but it seems to be another tipping point leading into the downward spiral beginning in 2016.

Sad to read that Hannah rarely spoke when the one friend visited.

I'm sure we'll be finding out more in the days, weeks and months to come.

She never spoke. The woman said she never heard her speak at all! (I wonder if she was allowed to?)

BBM. Bingo.

She never spoke. The woman said she never heard her speak at all! (I wonder if she was allowed to?)

I wonder how her speech would be without those teeth that Hannah was not interested in replacing

I finally saw the video with the family at the Bernie Sanders rally. I don't think Markis had any serious cognitive issues. He seemed quite in tune with what was happening and understanding the nuances of the symbolism of the bird, actually long before many there did.

Well, to be fair, probably the ones
Who didn’t get it right away were high. /s 🤣

I agree with all my heart. If only they had the foresight to run away & a safe place to hide.

It sounds like Jen spent a long time with the kids alone. Six months, at one time, the article says. Plus she would bring them to events by herself.

It is hard enough to bring a couple of kids anywhere by yourself. Keeping track of them in crowds is just one issue.

And supposedly these kids were sooooooooo damaged.

I imagine we will never know what life at home was like. Cooking, cleaning, food prep.

I always wondered how some people had so many kids. Providing a good life for kids takes a lot of time and work.

Then I figured it out, They prop the bottle. Do not answer cries. Eventually the child stops thinking s/he can influence the world.

I bet those kids had their needs extinguished. Compliant. Like prisoners

Human, you do realize that you have started a thread digression onto bottle propping and not answering cries, don’t you? How could you?! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123