ACTIVE SEARCH CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the aunt and other birth relatives that loved them before they were removed could claim them and bring them home to rest with the love and respect that they did not have from the adoptive family? It sounds like neither Jen or Sarah had family that were close to the children.

True. But that's only in hindsight. They weren't murderers before. The risk of someone who is a known drug user who neglects or abuses their kids is considered a greater risk than an unknown factor who passes the states hoops.

If they'd been allowed to stay with drug using parents we might have yet another thread where people are ranting about how horrible CPS is because they allowed the kids to stay with a known drug user. I think it's ludicrous to hold it against CPS that they removed kids from a parent who was using cocaine while pregnant.

The children needed a good, healthy, stable home. Unfortunately neither their biological parents or adoptive parents provided it. :/

I meant it as the sad ending to the story. It's like these kids never had a chance. :(

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, regarding the phone found. I am wondering if whoever tossed it would be so they could be found. So, the person who drove off the cliff knew they would be missing, wondering if the car would be spotted, dropped the phone so that gps could find them, should someone look.

Also, I heard a blip on the news about one of the moms sent a text to a friend saying she was very sick and might need to go to the hospital, at 3am. By the time I tried to turn up the raido the report was over.

Back to thread three, to catch up. Love the theories.

I think it was the kids and the happy family façade that drew people in, and I get the feeling that once you are part of their extended festival family you are family.

To me her post reads like "You think I'm a selfish ***hole but look at all the terrible things that have happened to ME. How dare you judge!"

I didn't know her personally but she was part of my "world" and we have around 15 FB friends in common. The chatter amongst my friends has been that she was always friendly to everyone, had a good sense of humor, and was very supportive-the first person to reach out if someone was going through hard times. Those who met the children have described them as happy, friendly, and "loving." I don't know anyone defending the mothers, but most people I know appear to be shocked as the news unfolds.

I'm missing the 2008 removal, and just see the 2006 one. Unless it's two sets of children being removed at different times? Could you point the 2008 removal out for those of us with reading comprehension issues? TIA:)

It sounds like there was only one removal, in 2006, due to the aunt’s daughter letting the mom see the kids. The aunt applied to adopt them, in 2007, after the removal, and there was a long appeals process.

I think her teeth and his teeth never got fixed for the simple reason that the Hart women were paranoid about "the man" in the form of mainstream medicine. I have NOTHING to prove this but hunches, intuition, and pattern recognition, ftr. But I have a very strong intuition that none of those kids were getting mainstream medical care at all. No shots, no checks, no teeth cleanings, nada.

Hannah may have fallen, but the tooth that Jen posted, was clearly extracted, not chipped, root and all. Presumably, same with the other tooth. Hannah was probably so terrorized by the extractions that she never wanted anyone to mess with her teeth again. The teeth may have loosened....and the post indicated that she either was at the dentist, or had been to a dentist.....which may or may not be true. My guess is that there was never a dentist. And if she had been running and fell on her face, she likely needed stitches to her upper lip. I think that the teeth were yanked out of anger and that no dentist or doctor was ever consulted. JMO

I think when you say it like that “white skin” it sounds racist these days you have to choose your wording correctly no matter what race your talking about it. That could be the reason.

That's not racist, it's direct and my opinion. I am comfortable talking about injustice and privilege. When I said "white skin" the phrase "complexion for protection" may have been on my mind and made me phrase it that way. But my observation of what I believe went on doesn't suggest/signify/conclude/mean I have hate against White people or let alone the power to dehumanize them and keep them back. If that were the case, that would be a racist laced remark.

IMO

I didn't know her personally but she was part of my "world" and we have around 15 FB friends in common. The chatter amongst my friends has been that she was always friendly to everyone, had a good sense of humor, and was very supportive-the first person to reach out if someone was going through hard times. Those who met the children have described them as happy, friendly, and "loving." I don't know anyone defending the mothers, but most people I know appear to be shocked as the news unfolds.

Was she maybe feeling guilty about not being able to be the dependent, always-ready friend? If she was used to that role it might have been difficult for her to step back from it. Like instead of being everything to everyone she had to be a mother to six children and it was messing with her identity.

That's not racist, it's direct and my opinion. I am comfortable talking about injustice and privilege. When I said "white skin" the phrase "complexion for protection" may have been on my mind and made me phrase it that way. But my observation of what I believe went on doesn't suggest/signify/conclude/mean I have hate against White people or let alone the power to dehumanize them and keep them back. If that were the case, that would be a racist laced remark.

IMO

Personally, I enjoy reading your perspective on this case. By its very nature, the Hart murder/suicide involves topics that are sensitive but IMO need to be discussed in a more direct manner more often. That is beginning to happen in America on a more frequent basis, but sadly, it nearly always takes a tragedy such as this to get a real discussion going.
:(

IMO, It looks like they other kids had nice straight/white teeth. I'm not trying to defend Sarah or Jen by any means but dental work is EXPENSIVE! I couldn't imagine having to pay for dental work on six kids in the same year. Not saying it was right to leave poor Hannah with no teeth but we really don't know anything about Dr visits and Dentist Appts. They may have been trying to save money to get implants for her.

On the other hand, it does seem like Hannah and Markis were the two least favorite of the group. Maybe they just didn't care enough to help them get what the needed.

If they were adopted through foster care they should have had medicaid till they were adults. Medicaid does provide dental care. But not very good care. IE they will pay for a tooth to pulled in an adult rather than pay for a root canal to save the tooth. Children get better care. But you need documentation of serious issues to get treatment other than the basics.

However if one of my children was missing their front teeth we'd find a way to pay for it! Implants can cost thousands but dentists offer help. And they had money from the state to help the kids. I still think it's so weird they'd not fix her teeth and expect anyone to believe a teenager didn't "care" if she had front teeth or not. :/

If they were adopted through foster care they should have had medicaid till they were adults. Medicaid does provide dental care. But not very good care. IE they will pay for a tooth to pulled in an adult rather than pay for a root canal to save the tooth. Children get better care. But you need documentation of serious issues to get treatment other than the basics.

However if one of my children was missing their front teeth we'd find a way to pay for it! Implants can cost thousands but dentists offer help. And they had money from the state to help the kids. I still think it's so weird they'd not fix her teeth and expect anyone to believe a teenager didn't "care" if she had front teeth or not. :/

A bridge would have worked and not been financially prohibitive. Also, it must have been difficult for her to chew and digest properly. Poor kid. JMO

Anyone else find it interesting and potentially quite telling that they changed the youngest girl's name from Cierra to Sierra? It speaks volumes, to me.

[FONT=&quot]BY JIM RYAN and SHANE DIXON KAVANAUGH[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Washington State Department of Social and Health Services documents obtained by The Oregonian/OregonLive this week provide more details about Devonte Hart's actions in the days leading up to his disappearance.[/FONT]

• Over a string of conversations, Devonte told someone who later contacted authorities — believed to be neighbor Dana DeKalb — that his parents were mean and not feeding him meals for days at a time. DeKalb asked if Devonte's parents were abusing him, and he replied they did "sometimes."

• He was apparently concerned about law enforcement getting involved and didn't want he and his siblings to be split up. DeKalb asked why the children weren't ever outside, and Devonte said his parents wanted to keep their children hidden. The documents also provide more details about Hannah Hart's runaway attempt.

• DeKalb said Hannah jumped from her second-story window at 1:30 a.m. last year, rang her doorbell and ran into her house. Hannah was covered in weeds and blackberries and asked DeKalb to hide her. The girl said her parents were racist and had been abusing her.

• All eight of the Harts came over the next morning. Jennifer Hart said Hannah had two missing teeth after falling and knocking them out and that Hannah didn't want new ones.

• DeKalb said Hannah looked like she was 7 years old. Authorities say Hannah is 16.
The comment bolded made the hair on my arms stand up. Those poor poor poor children.. so not only being physically abused & starvation, but adding a racist element to the abuse.. bloody hell.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...sf/2018/04/other_new_developments_in_the.html

Anyone else find it interesting and potentially quite telling that they changed the youngest girl's name from Cierra to Sierra? It speaks volumes, to me.
Meh.. not really to me. My parents changed the spelling of my first name and my middle name entirely when they adopted me. And I was not an infant or anything (where I think name changes are maybe more common?) JMO

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

One thing that stands out is the family's move to the West Coast in 2012(?). Not sure whether Sarah would have gone ahead alone for a few months if she were the one in control.

Jen managed to roll the Yukon on its roof, with all the kids in it on her follow-Sarah trip, didn't she?

When I read about Sarah going on ahead to find employment first, I wondered if that wasn't really Sarah getting out of dodge, leaving Jen - and maybe there was a reconciliation or Jen following on with "We just need a fresh start" - the Samaritan that drove the whole bunch the rest of the way said Jen wouldn't stop talking the whole way, but that "fresh start" was something she kept going on about, and it had a desperate ring to me.

Bbm: TY.

Really appreciate your post letting us know about Jen and FB friends.

Bbm: TY.

Really appreciate your post letting us know about Jen and FB friends.

That's actually how I heard about the case-our mutual friends were posting about Jen dying. At that time, all they knew was that her vehicle had gone into the water. There was no talk of it being intentional so, at first anyway, the posts were all very positive. They've gradually changed as more information is provided from the press but it has still been interesting to get "that" side of situation: people sharing personal anecdotes about the family, telling funny and happy things that Jen had shared with them, etc. This will start sliding into hearsay, of course, so there's not much I can report on but I have one friend who was in talks on a joint project with Jen. As many bad things as we're hearing, it's been kind of jarring to hear the good things and try to reconcile the two. I mean, these were folks that a lot of people actually liked. It just goes to show that you never really know what's going on behind closed doors. It's kind of scary.

Jen managed to roll the Yukon on its roof, with all the kids in it on her follow-Sarah trip, didn't she?

When I read about Sarah going on ahead to find employment first, I wondered if that wasn't really Sarah getting out of dodge, leaving Jen - and maybe there was a reconciliation or Jen following on with "We just need a fresh start" - the Samaritan that drove the whole bunch the rest of the way said Jen wouldn't stop talking the whole way, but that "fresh start" was something she kept going on about, and it had a desperate ring to me.

wait what? Previous accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member