ACTIVE SEARCH CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
... kids were in the care of family members....
They could have been temporarily placed with this aunt after being removed from their bio parents and before being put up for adoption. The reporter quoted the aunt's lawyer stating they were 'living with her,' yet in another part of the same story the source said "I had spoken to my client the day before, she remembered Ciera (sic)". I think they had been staying with this family member for a very short period of time.

They could have been temporarily placed with this aunt after being removed from their bio parents and before being put up for adoption. The reporter quoted the aunt's lawyer stating they were 'living with her,' yet in another part of the same story the source said "I had spoken to my client the day before, she remembered Ciera (sic)". I think they had been staying with this family member for a very short period of time.

I don´t know the aunt obviously, but I am certain they would have received more love from her than their adoptive parents.
AND MOST LIKELY
WOULD HAVE BEEN ALIVE TODAY.

Heart breaking. That poor woman.

So Jeremiah, Devonte and Sierra were removed from their home.

We learn something new every day.

Also new today: Hannah called the mothers racist.
Can we be 100% sure of that? Not sure about the source.
If that is true, how absolutely awful for the kids and their self images.

And new: Sarah´s text message.
I can´t make up my mind as to what I think it meant. I would need to know if the lady she sent it to is a friend or a co-worker.

Aaand new to me at least: Devonte said to the DeKalbs that his mothers wanted to hide their kids.
Maybe in recent months, but earlier they liked to show them off minus poor Markis and Hannah.

The case gets more and more depressing!

Hmmm Sarah calling a friend at 3am perhaps a possible lover?

When we were in our mid to late teens, we would have lively political discussions during dinner. But the time frame was important- Nixon was in office and so much was swirling around then. The news was full of protests and events. My parents were on the liberal side, but not as much as us kids as teens. The debates were more how we could back up our opinions with facts that we learned by paying attention to the news and reliable sources.

I have no idea how the Hart kids were exposed to information outside of their parents. Reports are that they did not have access to electronic devices and we don't know if the kids could watch TV or read newspapers.

I'm politically minded and always have been, but it wasn't driven by my parents making me go and campaign for an election in matching clothes with my siblings. You know what I mean? There's nothing demonstrative and performative about having political discussions at the dinner table (personally a favourite pasttime of mine tbh).

So the kids were living safely with their aunt, who was represented by a lawyer who (it sounds like) was involved in the fight to keep the family together. Two African-American women, clearly working in the kids' best interests, one of them a lawyer, the other one an immediate family member. Yet custody was given to two strangers, recent college graduates working in retail, who had already demonstrated (had anyone cared to look) that they were not emotionally intelligent enough yet to handle teenagers. And who also happened to be white.

This should spark massive adoption reform. It should. But it's going to be uphill all the way.
This makes me so angry!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is normal

Smith recalled a time that Jen, unhappy with the way female mannequins at Herberger’s had visible nipples because she believed it fed into society’s exploitation of women’s bodies, found a hacksaw from the store’s toolroom and sawed all the nipples off.

It is super odd, especially considering that they ended up in a “tribe” of hippy festival goer types who in my experience often don’t wear bras and have no problems bearing bare chests male or female.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the kids were living safely with their aunt, who was represented by a lawyer who (it sounds like) was involved in the fight to keep the family together. Two African-American women, clearly working in the kids' best interests, one of them a lawyer, the other one an immediate family member. Yet custody was given to two strangers, recent college graduates working in retail, who had already demonstrated (had anyone cared to look) that they were not emotionally intelligent enough yet to handle teenagers. And who also happened to be white.

This should spark massive adoption reform. It should. But it's going to be uphill all the way.

Well said.
It makes me want to SCREAM!

And did Jen know about Sarah texting Cheryl at 3am? What was that all about? Why couldn't Sarah wait until the morning to send that message? Possible is right!

IMO

I'm just going to say that we don't know anything about this aunt, her home environment, background, or why CPS did not think keeping the kids in the family was in their best interest. I would approach with caution.

I think this should be bookmarked as a possibility. There are a few professional websites that list employees at the Vancouver, Washington- Hazel Dell Kohl's location (where Sarah worked), as of February 2018, and no one by the name Cheryl Hart (ie. a possible boss) is listed. At the same time, this would be heavy speculation at this point. It could very well have been a close friend who just hadn't come forward before now, or a co-worker who would have needed to know about a potential absence.

I'm just going to say that we don't know anything about this aunt, her home environment, background, or why CPS did not think keeping the kids in the family was in their best interest. I would approach with caution.

Yea, if the aunt wanted to keep them and lost custody that's one thing but if she was caring for them until they found a new permanent home because she couldn't care for them long term that's another thing. We don't yet 🤷🏾*♀️

IMO

It is super odd, especially considering that they ended up in a “tribe” of hippy festival goer types who in my experience often don’t wear bras and have no problems bearing bare chests male or female.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention the hypocrisy of forcing a teenager to sit at a cosmetics counter for a “makeover”. What kind of empowering message was that supposed to send to a young girl? “You’ll feel better when you make yourself more attractive to the male gaze!”?

I agree on the caution part. I'm going with statistical likelihood at this point, especially since it sounds like she retained a lawyer to help with the placement of the kids. That, if anything, indicates more concern for their wellbeing than had been given to them in the recent past. And if her lawyer is right, and she's been crying non-stop, that shows a level of empathy they needed more of. But you're right, in that it's impossible to say how the outcomes would have been different with so little information about the situation they were in.

IMO Sarah's 3am text has no greater meaning than she knew she would not be meeting her work commitments and needed to give an excuse. I bet she knew way before 3am -but texting in sick in the middle of the night lends an air of sudden illness to the excuse. It successfully helped buy time as it was indeed Monday until someone worried and called police about her. The Hart women also benefited in their flight from CPS by the chance it was Friday afternoon when CPS came out which also bought them time.

Not to mention the hypocrisy of forcing a teenager to sit at a cosmetics counter for a “makeover”. What kind of empowering message was that supposed to send to a young girl? “You’ll feel better when you make yourself more attractive to the male gaze!”?

Just speculation, but I feel a bit of a "you need to care more about your appearance" vibe. It would fit with later evidence we have of the women and their concern for appearances.

I think this should be bookmarked as a possibility. There are a few professional websites that list employees at the Vancouver, Washington- Hazel Dell Kohl's location (where Sarah worked), as of February 2018, and no one by the name Cheryl Hart is listed. At the same time, this would be heavy speculation at this point.

Another interesting thing Cheryl said was nobody was able to get a hold of her... who else tried to reach Sarah? Who else was Cheryl in contact with to see if Sarah and Jen were alright?!

IMO

WOW. More disturbing new info from the Oregonian/OregonLive

BY JIM RYAN and*SHANE DIXON KAVANAUGH

Washington State Department of Social and Health Services documents obtained by The Oregonian/OregonLive this week provide more details about Devonte Hart's actions in the days leading up to his disappearance.

Over a string of conversations, Devonte told someone who later contacted authorities — believed to be neighbor Dana DeKalb — that his parents were mean and not feeding him meals for days at a time. DeKalb asked if Devonte's parents were abusing him, and he replied they did "sometimes."He was apparently concerned about law enforcement getting involved and didn't want he and his siblings to be split up.

DeKalb asked why the children weren't ever outside, and Devonte said his parents wanted to keep their children hidden. The documents also provide more details about Hannah Hart's runaway attempt.

DeKalb said Hannah jumped from her second-story window at 1:30 a.m. six months before, rang her doorbell and ran into her house. Hannah was covered in weeds and blackberries and asked DeKalb to hide her. The girl said her parents were racist and had been abusing her.All eight of the Harts came over the next morning. Jennifer Hart said Hannah had two missing teeth after falling and knocking them out and that Hannah didn't want new ones.DeKalb said Hannah looked like she was 7 years old.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...sf/2018/04/other_new_developments_in_the.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A

This here makes me doubt whether the friend Sarah texted is a lover:

[FONT=&amp]C: She sent out a text message at 3 in the morning on Saturday morning, saying was sick, but nobody's been able to get ahold of her, talk to her, or seen her since that text message. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]D: OK … [/FONT][FONT=&amp]C: or her wife, which is Jen. So we're just concerned … [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong