CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

Have been listening to the podcasts which are dealt with very sensitively and brilliantly told so well done to them. I also watched the videos of the kids online , how gut wrenching to see them "dancing" their little arms look like sticks ! and so listless , I can't imagine what hell they must have gone through. How people can be so cruel to children is beyond me!

Hart family: Police ID 5th child of adoptive mother who drove family off California cliff - CNN

Jan 10, 2019 CNN

CNN)A fifth child from the Hart family, killed when their intoxicated adoptive mother drove the family off a California cliff last year, has been identified with the help of the girl's biological mother, police say.

She has been identified as 16-year-old Hannah Hart, the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office said in a Wednesday news release. One child, Devonte, 15, remains missing.
"The most likely scenario is that he, too, perished in this incident, but the case remains open and active," the sheriff's statement said.
[...]
The Mendocino County Sheriff's Office received a report May 9 that human remains -- part of a foot in a shoe, entangled in jeans -- had been found on a beach, but the crime lab could not immediately identify them.

"In October of 2018, a woman who identified herself as the mother of Markis, Abigail and Hannah Hart contacted the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office and indicated she had heard of this incident via a family member," the sheriff's statement said.

The woman provided a DNA sample, and on Tuesday, the crime lab informed investigators that the remains were those of Hannah.

Broken Harts, Episode 8: Full Transcript

In April 2019, a full year after the crash, a formal coroner's inquest will be released to the public.

Sheriff Allman and his team have spent the past eight months trolling the coastline for the missing children, examining the evidence they do have, and preparing for the upcoming coroner’s inquest. Allman says an inquest of this nature hasn't happened in Mendocino County in over 50 years, but according to the law, its function is to "inquire into and determine the circumstances, manner, and cause of all violent, sudden, or unusual deaths."

Tom Allman: We have a job to do. It's to find out the truth of what happened. We have gathered a team of experts that will be making sure that what we're going to say at the inquest is 100 percent true and accurate. A coroner's inquest is going to, in my opinion, give evidence that will shock the consciousness of people who are following this case."

Broken Harts, Episode 8: Full Transcript

In April 2019, a full year after the crash, a formal coroner's inquest will be released to the public.

Sheriff Allman and his team have spent the past eight months trolling the coastline for the missing children, examining the evidence they do have, and preparing for the upcoming coroner’s inquest. Allman says an inquest of this nature hasn't happened in Mendocino County in over 50 years, but according to the law, its function is to "inquire into and determine the circumstances, manner, and cause of all violent, sudden, or unusual deaths."

Tom Allman: We have a job to do. It's to find out the truth of what happened. We have gathered a team of experts that will be making sure that what we're going to say at the inquest is 100 percent true and accurate. A coroner's inquest is going to, in my opinion, give evidence that will shock the consciousness of people who are following this case."
I can’t even imagine what more could come out. Listening to the podcast I’m more heartbroken and enraged than ever.

I think the quotes from Jen’s brother backed up what a lot of us have been thinking about her. And the time she was spending on gaming? I can’t even imagine.

Somehow life was kicking my butt during the time this happened, so I totally missed it. I learned about it through a website that said that Davante is alive and has been kept hidden since the wreck. Said there is a bidding war going on for his adoption. Now that I know the details, I hope that it is true that he survived somehow. I only wish that the other children had.

reminds me of the Watts family's phony facebook life too, all a total facade , I can't stand facebook , it's mostly fake.

I can’t stand Facebook either. But I will say that what Shanann posted was sincere, imo. She was not a facade. Her husband was. There was nothing about what she posted that was fake because she really did enjoy her life and her family and her work and no way could’ve anticipated what CW did. So to call her posts a facade is unfair and borders on victim bashing imo because what she shared was what she truly lived and loved. There was no “facade” about it. Yes everything obviously was not as it appeared because of CW, but her SM posts WERE sincere.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain why a coroner's inquest is being conducted? I think I understand the purpose of an inquest (to determine if a death was the result of an accident, homicide, suicide, etc...), but I guess I don't understand why an inquest would be done if a potential suspect is also deceased. Does that make sense?

Can anyone explain why a coroner's inquest is being conducted? I think I understand the purpose of an inquest (to determine if a death was the result of an accident, homicide, suicide, etc...), but I guess I don't understand why an inquest would be done if a potential suspect is also deceased. Does that make sense?

@changeindeed posted a link above that explains it pretty well (I'm re-posting it, unable to double-quote here).

A quote from the article:
"Mendocino County sheriff’s Capt. Greg Van Patten said the case had generated so much speculation and heartbreak that “from our standpoint, the best thing is to have this public hearing so that everybody will have the information and the case will be completely transparent.”

Said
[Mendocino County Sheriff] Allman, “In my career, I’ve never had so many people ask me questions about a case. This case, this topic, comes up weekly, if not every other day, and it’s a year old. I drive by where the scene is, and I see fresh flowers there on maybe a weekly basis. I think there’s a lot of unanswered questions that I truly believe that it’s my responsibility to at least put the evidence out there and allow people to come up with an educated conclusion rather than guessing at the conclusion.”

Was the cliff crash that killed the Hart family an accident? Mendocino County jury to decide

Question for moderators or others in the know.

The title on this only has three of the children listed. Is this the main thread to continue speaking about the upcoming Coroner's inquest for all six children and the two women, or is there another thread that would be more appropriate?

Question for moderators or others in the know.

The title on this only has three of the children listed. Is this the main thread to continue speaking about the upcoming Coroner's inquest for all six children and the two women, or is there another thread that would be more appropriate?

The Hart family threads were shut down, for awhile, because there were too many off topic posts. When the thread began, there were three children missing, now only Devonte is still missing.

Last edited:
The Hart family threads were shut down, for awhile, because there were too many off topic posts. When the thread began, there were three children missing, now only Devonte is still missing.

Thank you for the explanation. I guess this is the only active thread for this case now? Glad one is still open to give testimony to the children and for those who want to follow have a place to discuss for the April 3rd and 4th Coroner's inquest, which is going to be live streamed through the link posted above, for all of them.

This is Sarah’s 37th Birthday Adventure video that someone posted in thread #1. It gave some good insights into the family and how they represented themselves on social media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back