CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

Discussion in 'Mendocino County' started by MINNESOTA-MOM, May 31, 2018.

1. FairM1

FairM1 Member

Have been listening to the podcasts which are dealt with very sensitively and brilliantly told so well done to them. I also watched the videos of the kids online , how gut wrenching to see them "dancing" their little arms look like sticks ! and so listless , I can't imagine what hell they must have gone through. How people can be so cruel to children is beyond me!

2. FairM1

FairM1 Member

Breezie, human and cujenn81 like this.
  3. Seattle1

Seattle1 Well-Known Member

Hart family: Police ID 5th child of adoptive mother who drove family off California cliff - CNN

Jan 10, 2019 CNN

CNN)A fifth child from the Hart family, killed when their intoxicated adoptive mother drove the family off a California cliff last year, has been identified with the help of the girl's biological mother, police say.

She has been identified as 16-year-old Hannah Hart, the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office said in a Wednesday news release. One child, Devonte, 15, remains missing.
    "The most likely scenario is that he, too, perished in this incident, but the case remains open and active," the sheriff's statement said.
    [...]
    The Mendocino County Sheriff's Office received a report May 9 that human remains -- part of a foot in a shoe, entangled in jeans -- had been found on a beach, but the crime lab could not immediately identify them.

"In October of 2018, a woman who identified herself as the mother of Markis, Abigail and Hannah Hart contacted the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office and indicated she had heard of this incident via a family member," the sheriff's statement said.

The woman provided a DNA sample, and on Tuesday, the crime lab informed investigators that the remains were those of Hannah.

4. Breezie

Breezie Well-Known Member

Broken Harts, Episode 8: Full Transcript

In April 2019, a full year after the crash, a formal coroner's inquest will be released to the public.

Sheriff Allman and his team have spent the past eight months trolling the coastline for the missing children, examining the evidence they do have, and preparing for the upcoming coroner’s inquest. Allman says an inquest of this nature hasn't happened in Mendocino County in over 50 years, but according to the law, its function is to "inquire into and determine the circumstances, manner, and cause of all violent, sudden, or unusual deaths."

Tom Allman: We have a job to do. It's to find out the truth of what happened. We have gathered a team of experts that will be making sure that what we're going to say at the inquest is 100 percent true and accurate. A coroner's inquest is going to, in my opinion, give evidence that will shock the consciousness of people who are following this case."

5. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

I can’t even imagine what more could come out. Listening to the podcast I’m more heartbroken and enraged than ever.

I think the quotes from Jen’s brother backed up what a lot of us have been thinking about her. And the time she was spending on gaming? I can’t even imagine.

6. changeindeed

changeindeed New Member

watcher9, Laughing, human and 5 others like this.
  7. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

watcher9, janewall, bears10 and 6 others like this.
  8. changeindeed

changeindeed New Member

So much information here, thank you!

Emi and janewall like this.
  9. Gracenote

Gracenote We know that all things work together for good for

Somehow life was kicking my butt during the time this happened, so I totally missed it. I learned about it through a website that said that Davante is alive and has been kept hidden since the wreck. Said there is a bidding war going on for his adoption. Now that I know the details, I hope that it is true that he survived somehow. I only wish that the other children had.