CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

Discussion in 'Mendocino County' started by cybervampira, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Could they have been trying to climb out the window?

Thanks for that info. I don't have one clue about physics. It's very confusing!

2. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

Article about Devonte and his early life trials. Very sad.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150627182651/http:/papertrail.co.nz/meet-devonte-little-boy-big-heart/

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/03/hart_family_deadly_crash_a_tim.html

3. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

I wonder if Hannah and Sierra, also missing, are Devonte's bio sibs, adopted with him? If so, that is really worrisome that those 3 just happen to be missing, given their horrible early life described in the NZ article above.

4. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

That Jen and Sarah Hart already had 3 adopted kids when they adopted Devonte and his sibs from such a horrendous amount of trauma is very, very worrisome. It's really hard for me to believe social workers would approve them to take such traumatized kids, with 3 adopted of similar age already at home.

Yikes. That is a huge, huge red flag, IMO.

5. savagewoman

savagewoman Well-Known Member

I will be interested to know if the moms phones are recovered and home PC. It could reveal planning and searching for locations that the road is high enough for a murder suicide.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

IMO, just nothing at all about this crash seems innocent or accidental. I think there is zero possibility this was a happy family on a planned road trip that ended up at the bottom of that cliff.

7. ShayHay!

ShayHay! New Member

Your supposition of why a child might claim to be hungry sounds more like something a six-year-old, not a sixteen-year-old would do.

8. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science" Liet Kynes

RSBM

That ^^^^^ :(

9. jpo74

jpo74 Well-Known Member

those poor kids. i doubt drivng off that cliff was accidental. there is no brake marks on road. i wonder where other kids are? praying they are found ok

10. DAnthrplgst

DAnthrplgst Active Member

I think it would be perfectly acceptable for a 16yo. A 6yo isn't going to cook up some story to get treats from a neighbor, a troubled 16yo on the other-hand would, they are capable of more complex thinking.

As for the source of the accident, until I hear something from LE I'm not going to make any assumptions. At this point there are too many variables to explain an accident. As Tricia likes to remind us from time-to-time, lets be careful with our words, family members and outsiders are likely reading here and as we saw in the Lucas Hernandez case many people have no problem stealing the content from this forum and reposting it to other places while twisting the words of the WS poster.

11. crimenerd

crimenerd New Member

Why am I thinking Thelma and Louise...sigh.

12. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

More back story and details from an article updated this evening. None of this information about the couple and their kids is encouraging, IMO.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/03/police_head_back_to_california.html

BBM

13. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/03/28/deadly-california-cliff-plunge/

BBM

Big dichotomy on how people who knew them and interacted with them portray the couple.

But at least this article is being somewhat honest, and admitting this:

14. KaylaraOwl

KaylaraOwl Well-Known Member

That is a huge amount of area they could be in, if they weren't actually in the SUV when it went over the cliff. :([​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. sweetcaro

sweetcaro Well-Known Member

May these 3 beautiful children miraculously be safe somewhere! Such an unbelievably tragic story.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

16. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

Yes, as I said, about 500-650 miles from their home. That's huge area.

Hopefully they can recover the SUV black box soon, and at least figure out if the car braked, or what the speed was. An article says that model has a black box feature to record various accident parameters.

17. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

http://tdn.com/news/local/search-co...cle_2f0c6554-4940-5125-a583-25e39243cd6c.html

18. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

More about the child abuse/ domestic assault sitution in MN:

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/03/devonte_harts_little_sister_to.html

BBM. What?? Now which mother did the abuse? Did Sarah take the blame for abuse by Jen??

This story is getting more convoluted by the minute.

There was a LOT of stress inside that home, IMO.

19. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching & Waiting

I’m quite familiar with the route I assume they took: I-5 to Grants Pass OR, 199 to the coast, 101 south to where it meets Hiway 1 near Leggett and heads west to the coast. On 101 south of Crescent City (just south of the Oregon border) there’s a stretch that curves through the redwoods high above the ocean. It would have worked well except that stretch of road is somewhat heavily traveled and it’s very slow (10-40 mph). It would be hard to build up enough speed to catapult off the edge between trees. It’s a scary highway IMO and it could have happened there, but highway 1 is a better choice...less traveled, few trees, and they could pick up speed on the the bridge right before they went off the edge. Pretty much the only lighting along these stretches of road is headlights.

So, if this was planned, it was either researched or one of the women had been there before. It is certainly not a “day trip” even for me in Southern Oregon...probably 7 hours, with long stretches on winding two lane highway. I wonder if they spent the night in Eureka.

Has anyone checked what the weather was like along this route on the Friday they left WA, especially near Westport? Bad weather could make the trip much longer than the estimated 10 hours (I’m pretty sure it takes longer than that at best).

20. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

https://www.mercedsunstar.com/news/state/article207283234.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.