CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the high school level though, Waldorf kids should be doing coursework that is pretty similar to mainstream high school. Algebra, chemistry, literature. Here's a store that sells Waldorf-based curriculum for that age range. I don't think these kids were being homeschooled so much as kept out of school.

http://www.oakmeadowbookstore.com/Curriculum/High-School-Courses-c158/

Waldorf education follows the curriculum for all grades. Waldorf educators are specially trained with a Bachelor's degree in education and additional specialized training to teach using the Waldorf method. It's not an option for someone to self-declare that they are a Waldorf teacher and then be one.

If this was posted I sincerely apologize. I looked and didn't see. Absolutely heartbreaking to think about the amount of terror that these kids must have went through the seconds before they died.

------------------------------------------------------

“The search for the additional three children belonging to the family continues both at the scene, through water rescue and recovery, and other locations including routes of travel,” the release states.

The CHP also revealed new information that has led investigators to conclude that the SUV driven by either Sarah or Jennifer Hart intentionally went over a cliff from the Pacific Coast Highway.

“The on-board computer from the vehicle indicates that the vehicle was stopped on the dirt pull-off area approximately 70 feet from the cliff’s edge before accelerating off the cliff. At this distance, the vehicle would not have been able to get up to a significant speed prior to impact.”

http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/04/...-sierra-and-hannah-includes-routes-of-travel/

I doubt they knew that they were going over the cliff. They were parked, perhaps to stretch their legs and therefore no seat belts. The driver then took off as though heading back to the road and instead went over the cliff.

Actually many of the black, Native and Korean adoptees who grew up in white families are the ones saying it is not a great idea. Of course, they would have the most experience and insight into the matter.

So they are saying they would have rather been in the foster care system than adopted by a loving family of a different race? Do you have a source for this, I’m genuinely curious and not trying to be snarky.

My best friend since childhood is Latina and black and was adopted by white parents. Her biological mother was a drug addict and my best friend was in the hospital for a couple months right after being born due to going through crack withdrawals. I can’t imagine my best friend thinking it would have been better to go through the foster care system as opposed to being raised by her awesome (white) parents. So I’m just curious to read more context of your claims, to see *why* these adoptees you speak of feel the way they do. TIA

Nahko & Medicine for the People - Mr Washington w/lyrics

0:22---"dreaming of the day we drive our car into the ocean"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szmcyTDIx5o&app=desktop#

Oh. Oh my.

The lyrics.

"..go forth with no real direction... dreaming of the day we drive our cars into the ocean...and all the people will look on wondering what to say...and live confused about us til the day they do the same....and they will see while swimming that they are free..."

Is Nahko the performer from the young Devonte hug video? I've seen that name before. (eta down thread answer: no, that was Xavier Rudd)

ETA..it is kind of a catchy tune, I kept listening.

"We have no money and we certainly have lost focus.........how did I end up here (repeats)....I've thrown myself/my heart to the stratosphere/atmosphere(repeats)......this is how you ended up here (repeats)..........waging justice with instruments of truth"

Haunting find Gardenista.

I doubt they knew that they were going over the cliff. They were parked, perhaps to stretch their legs and therefore no seat belts. The driver then took off as though heading back to the road and instead went over the cliff.

We will never know

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jen manipulated Sarah into taking the blame for the abuse case. It’s something that’s crossed my mind the past couple days. For no reason other than a gut feeling, I get the vibe that Jen ruled the roost.

You are not alone in that thought. First time i saw the picture of the whole family that was my main thought.. I don't want to seem insensitive because I don't know what really happened but my vibe from her.. not good.

Oh. Oh my.

The lyrics.

"..go forth with no real direction... dreaming of the day we drive our cars into the ocean...and all the people will look on wondering what to say...and live confused about us til the day they do the same....and they will see while swimming that they are free..."

Is Nahko the performer from the young Devonte hug video? I've seen that name before.

yes Jen's youtube videos made it seem like they were big fans!

You are not alone in that thought. First time i saw the picture of the whole family that was my main thought.. I don't want to seem insensitive because I don't know what really happened but my vibe from her.. not good.

She seems to be front and center in a lot of pics. Idk, I just got a controlling vibe from her from the start. I was getting their names mixed up in the beginning and was shocked that Jen was the one accused by the kids of abuse, bc I had her and Sarah mixed up. Once I realized Jen is the one I initially got the worse vibe from, it made much more sense.

Oh. Oh my.

The lyrics.

Is Nahko the performer from the young Devonte hug video? I've seen that name before.

that was Xavier Rudd.

Re Waldorf schools: I am somewhat familiar with this type of school, based on the teachings of Rudolf Steiner. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Steiner
This is a good primer about him and he is acknowledged to be the creator of Waldorf schools, among many other things. My recollection is there are a lot of things they believe to be beneficial to children, such as giving them wooden as opposed to plastic toys, painting rooms colors that are child-friendly, incorporating knowledge about the natural world like growing plants/gardens and so on. It’s easy to dismiss all of this out of hand as so much new age gobbldygook, so that’s why it helps to read the info in the link.

I personally would love to see this in ALL classrooms. I also see apsolutely nothing wrong with children not using electronics or being babysat by electronic until they are 6. I see children being asked as young as 3
if they want the teacher to read them a book or the computer! guess the answer...

What really bothers me is how nobody questioned these parents about how Jen was so fast and quick with Devonte's story and the crap life that he had previously. I don't know a child that wants everyone to know "hey kiddo, your mom loved drugs and guns more than you. THAT is what you come from." I sure as heck would not want the world to know about all of that business. Strangers and people that would never meet him in person. Wouldn't that be something you would NOT want to be reminded of constantly? Maybe as a grown up HE could talk about how their loving family saved him and never give up etc. etc.
If I had listened to that tale from a parent about their adopted/foster I would have been so embarassed for that child. Revolting but no one else seemed to hear it that way. JMO

This is going a little off-track, but bear with me.

Mia Farrow did this to Soon-Yi Previn. I found it SO disturbing and most people didn’t pick up on it. She spoke about how ungrateful Soon-Yi was; after all, when Mia Farrow adopted her, she was crawling with lice and non-verbal and sitting in her own filth. And how could this gutter creature she saved and sent to the best schools turn around and betray her?! Regardless of what Soon-Yi ever did (and personally, I view S-Y as Allen’s prey), that’s your child.

That tactic serves to debase the child and elevate the savior parent. That’s pathological.

Re Waldorf schools: I am somewhat familiar with this type of school, based on the teachings of Rudolf Steiner. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Steiner
This is a good primer about him and he is acknowledged to be the creator of Waldorf schools, among many other things. My recollection is there are a lot of things they believe to be beneficial to children, such as giving them wooden as opposed to plastic toys, painting rooms colors that are child-friendly, incorporating knowledge about the natural world like growing plants/gardens and so on. It’s easy to dismiss all of this out of hand as so much new age gobbldygook, so that’s why it helps to read the info in the link.

It’s all fine and good someone upthread was saying that many people in the Silicon Valley send their kids to Waldorf schools after it was said that the kids had no access to technology. IMO it really has nothing to do with the Harts. I haven’t seen anywhere that they were following a Waldorf type education, which changes a lot at both years 6 and 9. I have not seen anything on the Hart children’s education except that their mother’s didn’t properly register their homeschool with the district, they had a year of music lessons and that the home had instruments, construction paper, markers and books. These children should have progressed further than this indicates regardless of the style of education.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've considered that, which is why I posted a few days ago about waiting for the autopsy results.

Tox screens will show if any of the victims had been drugged. Xrays will show if bones were broken during the accident or well prior- which might be an indication of prior abuse. If victims were dead before the accident, there would be no bruising, as the body stopped circulating blood. A good pathologist will know what to look for.

I am not comfortable with none of the kids wearing seat belts and keep asking myself why and how that would have happened. Those kids were well past the age that seat belts would have been an automatic part of a car ride. It just does not make sense.

Unless those kids had just piled into the car and did not even have a chance to get settled when one of the "moms" floored the gas.

The seatbelt thing got me to. I wonder if perhaps they all pulled over to sleep? We don't know the time of the accident, just when it was spotted. The kids would be unbuckled if they had pulled over to sleep. Maybe the ladies get out, talk, maybe argue. Get back in, put on seat belts, start the vehicle and driver punches it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member