Deceased/Not Found Ca - Hannah,16 (fnd dec), Devonte,15, (dec nf) Ciera Hart,12 (fnd dec),mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I thought Jen hated the publicity! hahahah She purposely took the family to these events and then made sure they were front and center.

The way those kids were dressed at these events just begged for them to be noticed. How could they not stand out?

As you pointed out, those kids were front and center- front row, or on the stage.

I hear this...I do. But this case IS being used online and in our community to demonize white adoptive parents, so while it is not personal, it extends the prejudice we already face. When people use the words "white savior" to describe a situation that looks like ours, "white savior" is what people in general see, before even knowing our family. I have to fight off "white savior" before people even say "hello".

This is really no offense to you personally.....but cry me a bucket of tears. I'm a POC, I know many adoptive families (and homeschooling families). There is tons of prejudice everywhere, for every facet of life, everyday. You carry on with life and deal with it. People complaining that they are being portrayed as a "white savior"....boo-hoo. Let your actions speaks for themselves, if you are a good adoptive parent.

Truth is, "white savior" does exist, the Hart family were perpetrators of this....if anything, channel your anger towards those evil Hart women. THEY are the ones who just made life more difficult for adoptive families, and not anyone else.

This whole "rock festival" motif the family had going seems to have been a way to keep abusive behavior out of sight. Jen and the kids were frequently "on the road", "out of town," away for indeterminate lengths of time. This was used as an excuse to CPS for why the kids couldn't be interviewed and why Jen was not available.

I can't see, either, how they'd be gone so long for music festivals. Usually, these last just a few days.

I note, too, that the Harts' house and furnishings are contradictorily conventional for people who claim an "alternative lifestyle". No evidence of goats, raised beds, hot tub, macrame, Grateful Dead posters, crystals, chimes, bowls of fruit, Indian bedspreads, Buddhas, drums...

Is it possible that Jen took gigs with the kids as marijuana trimmers? They were so controlled they wouldn’t dare tell anyone. They were used to being silent workers.

And it’s not a huge stretch. She was already pimping out their labor for free food at the Boggs’ food pantry and farm. Why not make some REAL money?

IMO, if Devonte or Hannah or both, with or without the dogs, were not in the Yukon crash, they weren't dropped off alive at a friend's house. Jen was murderous. Some alternatives:

1. The two of them were able to run away before the rest of the family even left, which might possibly be part of what sparked Jen's murderous/suicidal rage. If this is what happened, the two of them could be anywhere, but the fact that they haven't turned up by now isn't a good sign.
2. Jen dumped them somewhere out of the way, alive, most likely with no supplies. They wouldn't be able to get far like that.
3. Jen killed them and she and Sarah hid the bodies somewhere along the long trek between their Woodland home and the point where they crashed.

4. Jen killed the dogs to punish Devonte, who obviously loved them, and all 6 kids were still in the car when it went over.

This whole "rock festival" motif the family had going seems to have been a way to keep abusive behavior out of sight. Jen and the kids were frequently "on the road", "out of town," away for indeterminate lengths of time. This was used as an excuse to CPS for why the kids couldn't be interviewed and why Jen was not available.

I can't see, either, how they'd be gone so long for music festivals. Usually, these last just a few days.

I note, too, that the Harts' house and furnishings are contradictorily conventional for people who claim an "alternative lifestyle". No evidence of goats, raised beds, hot tub, macrame, Grateful Dead posters, crystals, chimes, bowls of fruit, Indian bedspreads, Buddhas, drums...

Is it possible that Jen took gigs with the kids as marijuana trimmers? They were so controlled they wouldn’t dare tell anyone. They were used to being silent workers.

And it’s not a huge stretch. She was already pimping out their labor for free food at the Boggs’ food pantry and farm. Why not make some REAL money?

The way those kids were dressed at these events just begged for them to be noticed. How could they not stand out?

As you pointed out, those kids were front and center- front row, or on the stage.

They were noticed for sure, but they're so swaddled in clothes, no one would have known how thin they were.

Even their hiking boots were gigantic.

Maybe not marijuana trimmers, but something else to fill all that time while they were on the road or out of town, 'cos they can't have been at rock festivals the whole time. These are usually just a few days long.

And their time away evidently wasn't filled with home-schooling teachable moments like time at a hawk rescue place, a day on a corn farm, learning about wolves at Yellowstone,a visit to a Native American spiritual site (a hallmark of an "alternative" lifestyle the Harts pretend to have), an evening of square dancing, the ecology of the Columbia River basin, the Oregon Trail, stepping on a glacier...

What were they doing all that time?

Where is the info on Boggs farm? I can't remember seeing that.

Later edit: I see they had some raised beds going at their house...

By the way, if Boggs farm was in Sherwood, these folks can't have been saving much money. There's gas expense, and they had a big SUV.

Does anyone think the kids might have been blindfolded in the car? That once when they went over the cliff, or often?

Could they have been lying down, just as they had to lie down for punishment while blindfolded for hours at a time? That once when they went over the cliff, or often?

This is really no offense to you personally.....but cry me a bucket of tears. I'm a POC, I know many adoptive families (and homeschooling families). There is tons of prejudice everywhere, for every facet of life, everyday. You carry on with life and deal with it. People complaining that they are being portrayed as a "white savior"....boo-hoo. Let your actions speaks for themselves, if you are a good adoptive parent.

Truth is, "white savior" does exist, the Hart family were perpetrators of this....if anything, channel your anger towards those evil Hart women. THEY are the ones who just made life more difficult for adoptive families, and not anyone else.

great post. it's a good lesson for people who are white (such as myself) to know what it's like to be judged by their color. i can't imagine any of what you go through and what prejudice you face daily. it sucks to be persecuted unjustly.

If not marijuana, they could have been picking mushrooms or clams. They are free and voluminous.

They could have been picking up cans by the side of the road for bottle return pennies.

I have a feeling Jen and kids were spending a lot of time camped for free on National Forest or BLM land (I bet they knew the southwest Oregon and Northwest California forests and beaches well, and that's why they went there). Miles of forest. Miles of empty beach. River flats. Loads of mushrooms to forage then sell at pick up spots.

I wonder if LE matched the car's odometer and credit card statements with how much gas they used and where. They'd know where they went and what they might be doing. There would have been routine maintenance, at least like Jiffy Lube, that would have registered odometer.

Maybe not marijuana trimmers, but something else to fill all that time while they were on the road or out of town, 'cos they can't have been at rock festivals the whole time. These are usually just a few days long.

And their time away evidently wasn't filled with home-schooling teachable moments like time at a hawk rescue place, a day on a corn farm, learning about wolves at Yellowstone,a visit to a Native American spiritual site (a hallmark of an "alternative" lifestyle the Harts pretend to have), an evening of square dancing, the ecology of the Columbia River basin, the Oregon Trail, stepping on a glacier...

What were they doing all that time?

Where is the info on Boggs farm? I can't remember seeing that.

http://www.kptv.com/story/37927858/hart-family-volunteered-at-sherwood-farm-and-food-pantry

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...art-family-that-plunged-off-california-cliff/

If we are wondering what they did for money, and they left for long stretches of time, it’s a possibility that she was making the kids do SOMETHING for money.

This is just pure speculation, MOO.

DECEMBER 10, 2014
The Problem With Hugs

Devonte Hart – we’ve been told repeatedly by newspapers and social media – is the adopted black child of two white mothers. It’s one of these mothers who, even before Devonte stumbled onto internet fame, released his private history to the world in an interview with an online magazine, where we are told the most horrifically personal details of Devonte’s life without any indication he has given his consent for their release: “Devonte Hart entered the world 12 years ago with drugs pumping through his tiny newborn body. By the time he was 4 years old he had smoked, consumed alcohol, handled guns, been shot at, and suffered severe abuse and neglect. He knew only a handful of words, including *advertiser censored** and s***, and he struggled to identify with the names of food, body parts and every day objects. Devonte was a violent toddler and his health was weighed down by a heavy list of disabilities.”

To take someone else’s story and to exploit it in this way is a deeply violent act. To take an adopted child’s story and exploit it is even more violent.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2014/12/10/the-problem-with-hugs/

---
This is an academic, well thought out article challenging Jen Hart's motives that was written and published in December 2014 after Devonte's photo went worldwide. But it really targets how invasive Jen's abuse was before his viral fame in violating and using an apocalyptic narrative to suit perhaps covering up her own trail of prior abuse by heaping it all on Devonte's early life.

Bbms: So that backlash that Jen said she received in her mailbox was perhaps a very real, in depth expose and insight into a portrait of a narcissist and an abuser of children whose fragile start in life she signed on to protect. This author nailed it in highlighting her abuse of Devonte's privacy by writing and publishing that story about him. --Imo

The complexities of the issues outlined in this piece I'm sure was beyond her scope. But, she Jen, and (Sarah) were self serving monsters hiding behind many layers. This was her M.O. with every CPS investigation. She was no doubt a convincing smooth talker hiding behind alternative lifestyle BS and all the peace love catch phrases. Her partner in crime was a very capable accomplice.

Where I think her community was perhaps blinded was in did anyone think about the publishing of these children in this way? -The hugs, the staged songs, the dancing in the skivvies? Did they all publish their own children in this way?

I think this aspect of usury is an abuse that might have helped CPS recognize the red flags. I don't blame CPS for missing all this as Oregon CPS has stated they are looking to change their assessment from incident based to a broader assessment of child. safety.

The tragedy here is how many failed these children in spite of those who tried to wave those red flags. --To no avail.

Sorry to be replying to such a long-ago message, but I couldn't help myself from jumping in here, so.....

I agree with so much of this comment. I hate it when people expose their children so much in public, especially posting photos where they can literally be seen all over the world -by anyone. However, what especially aggravates me is just how blatant the "usury" is: Neither Jennifer nor Sarah, that I've seen, made themselves available to any and all beings who wanted to fully embrace their bodies; neither Jennifer nor Sarah, that I've seen, are shown dancing in their underwear in public. (And that is what uploading those videos was -public.)

I think what divides some of here is the attitude of the "friends" -the people who dealt with them on a semi-regular basis, who immediately defended them. I was critical of the "hug seen around the world, so to speak" from the get-go, but appalled at what was shown via photos/videos. Twelve year-olds CANNOT give consent. If they could, we wouldn't be adopting them out or finding them foster homes, they be emancipated.

JH and SH are disgusting people, and I certainly hope that the defenders are doing some serious thinking about how they form judgement regarding character.

MOO.

People are going to make their decisions however they choose. Anyone deciding to lump all white adoptive parents into one box was going to do it whether this case came out or not. These terms didn't just come out of the sky. There is history behind it. You can't control prejudice or prevent someone from having ignorant or prejudicial thoughts.

IMO
It would be fine for some folks to see kids age out in the fostercare system and become homeless.
These same folks would never take in and adopt kids.
What they think does not matter.

The BEASTS adopted the kids for the money.
They received over $400 a month for each child.
They had a list of items to buy.
Food was not on the list.
They were fed scraps. Shameful.

I read that episode as Jen being awkwardly effusive, trying to flatter the social worker she had to allow in her home – someone she perceived as having dangerous power over her and her kids. And she was so clumsy about it that it creeped the social worker out, to the point that the social worker made a note of the oddness of this interaction.

I suspect such awkwardness/inappropriateness of verbal self presentation may have been typical for Jen, and may be why Sarah was the one who made any contact needed with 'authorities'. Lots of the notes in the DHS report hint that the workers found Jen to be self-aggrandizing, melodramatic, and either un-genuine or else disturbed in her affect – but while she raised their hinky meter, they had no concrete actions to confirm their suspicions that something was seriously 'off' with her. So they just made circumspect notes of any oddness in Jen's affect, in the event that they could be helpful if the case ever needed to be revisited.

Unfortunately, that revisiting never happened until it was too late for the kids she had trapped in her orbit.

JMO

~I missed this ...How did Jen try to flatter the social worker? TIA !

The BEASTS adopted the kids for the money.
They received over $400 a month for each child.
They had a list of items to buy.
Food was not on the list.
They were fed scraps. Shameful.

Sorry, I must have missed it. What list? Thanks.

What was the debt the Harts had that they used as an excuse to get vegetables at Boggs?

The Boggses also say that the Harts were vegan and not vegetarian. That means, no eggs, no milk, no fish, no meat.... If true, that's horrible on growing kids. No wonder Devonte wanted a meat source (which could be eaten without packaging, no cans to get rid of, no aroma, easy to hide); he could easily have assumed they weren't being given enough protein.

The stereotypes of strict gender roles don't typically prove true, in my experience, in most any relationships, gay or straight, nor in most people in general. We are all just humans.

This quote made me think of something I've been wondering for a while ... why are there almost no men on this board discussing this case? Are there many men on WS in general? It strikes me as very odd.

What was the debt the Harts had that they used as an excuse to get vegetables at Boggs?

The Boggses also say that the Harts were vegan and not vegetarian. That means, no eggs, no milk, no fish, no meat.... If true, that's horrible on growing kids. No wonder Devonte wanted a meat source (which could be eaten without packaging, no cans to get rid of, no aroma, easy to hide); he could easily have assumed they weren't being given enough protein.

BBM
Actually, no. Its not. Many many kids and adults live a vegan lifestyle. Most thrive and are extremely healthy. Problem is, JH and SH may have been feeding themselves a vegan diet. The kids were not. They were starved.

This quote made me think of something I've been wondering for a while ... why are there almost no men on this board discussing this case? Are there many men on WS in general? It strikes me as very odd.

Many contributors on this site use names that are gender neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288