CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

I think this will get as big as the Cosby story. Fortunately, some of the women who allege his assault and abuse are well established and weren't drugged so their information will be more likely accepted. Then, there is the tape of the young woman who wore a wire. I hope he goes to jail.

It is interesting to me that he is seeking rehab in Europe. If the NYPD chose to press charges based on the tape (no statute of limitations in NY on the charges that would fit) do we think he will come back or pull a Roman Polanski?

It does seem suspicious that he would go to Europe for his "treatment." I would assume he will stay out of the country until something is worked out. That also says volumes about how much trouble he THINKS he is in. I assume we have only seen the tip of the iceberg so far.

Terry Crews should name the one who assaulted him ! Imo.
Don't let this trash (assailant) get away with it !
Speaking out could warn others of this predator.

Lindsay Lohan Defends Harvey Weinstein, Thinks Georgina Chapman Needs to "Be There for Her Husband"

Lindsay Lohan is speaking out in defense of Harvey Weinstein.

In two Instagram Story videos that have since been deleted, the actress decided to share her perspective on the allegations surrounding the Hollywood producer.

"I feel very bad for Harvey Weinstein right now, I don't think it's right what's going on," Lindsay explained. "I think Georgina needs to take a stand and be there for her husband."

She continued, "He's never harmed me or did anything to me—we've done several movies together. I think everyone needs to stop—I think it's wrong. So stand up." ...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/ente...Lohan-Defend-7b1e?cid=featuredent_media_lohan

Lindsey Lohan
:trainwreck:

Apparently he didn’t go to Europe.

Suicidal Harvey Weinstein begs stranger for ride in LA, LAPD respond

http://dailym.ai/2yfTNsChttp://dailym.ai/2yfTNsC
He was going to a place in the US and would stabilize before heading to Europe.

"Weinstein boarded a private plane on Tuesday night and was en route to a European rehab center, which treats sex addiction, TMZ reports. It’s a live-in facility that will treat both sexual and behavioral issues. The website noted Weinstein was “surprisingly calm” in light of the situation, and he was confident that he would be treated and be able to make a fresh start.

CNN confirmed with Weinstein’s rep that he was “bound for rehab.” However, the network declined to say where he will be treated and what he will be treated for. Multiple sources also confirmed to People magazine that Weinstein has plans to enter a residential treatment facility." https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/harvey-weinstein-headed-rehab-172613692.html

AND, now that seems to be a problem b/c he can't have a cell phone.
"The website posted a photo on Wednesday of what it said was Weinstein's SUV entering the Van Nuys Airport in Los Angeles. The story said that Weinstein was to land in Wickenburg and be treated at The Meadows, a rehabilitation center.

A person who answered the phone at The Meadows would not confirm whether Weinstein or anyone else was a patient and then hung up." http://ux.azcentral.com/story/enter...checking-into-arizona-rehab-center/756462001/

Harvey Weinstein Says ‘I’m Not Doing OK’ Amid Sexual Misconduct Scandal
by Erik Ortiz

As more celebrities came forward Wednesday to accuse Harvey Weinstein of sexual misconduct, the ousted studio executive said he's "hanging in there" — and would like another chance to prove himself.

"Guys, I'm not doing OK, but I'm trying," he said outside of his daughter's Los Angeles home in a video licensed by NBC News.

"I gotta get help," he added, before getting into a car that was reportedly taking him to the airport. "You know, what? We all make mistakes. Second chance, I hope." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...ein-says-i-m-not-doing-ok-amid-sexual-n810041

:violin:

Frankly, I am not surprised by this. This got shades of Penn State, USA Gymnastics, Baylor, BBC, and Roman Catholic Church. They knew what was going on, but did nothing.

Terry Crews reveals he was groped by an unnamed Hollywood executive amid Harvey Weinstein scandal
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-executive-amid-harvey-weinstein-scandal.html

The recent allegations against Hollywood big shot Harvey Weinstein have one star reflecting on his own experience with predatory behavior in the business. Terry Crews has revealed that he was once the victim of groping on the part of a showbiz higher-up that he refuses to name.

The “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star, known for both his comedic acting and his physical stature and build, took to social media to reveal he had been assaulted at a Hollywood party. In a 16-post-long speech he recalled being groped by a male executive.

Harvey Weinstein is the tip of the iceberg.

What happened to him is not even close to what these women went through. So gross he interjected himself into this.

Frankly, I am not surprised by this. This got shades of Penn State, USA Gymnastics, Baylor, BBC, and Roman Catholic Church. They knew what was going on, but did nothing.

Terry Crews reveals he was groped by an unnamed Hollywood executive amid Harvey Weinstein scandal
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-executive-amid-harvey-weinstein-scandal.html

The recent allegations against Hollywood big shot Harvey Weinstein have one star reflecting on his own experience with predatory behavior in the business. Terry Crews has revealed that he was once the victim of groping on the part of a showbiz higher-up that he refuses to name.

The “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star, known for both his comedic acting and his physical stature and build, took to social media to reveal he had been assaulted at a Hollywood party. In a 16-post-long speech he recalled being groped by a male executive.

Harvey Weinstein is the tip of the iceberg.

I'm glad Terry Crews spoke out now. Maybe it will quiet the many who will be demanding to know why women didn't speak out right away.

Also, think about it - how powerful and privileged a Hollywood executive would have to feel to grab Terry Crews' private parts, in public, in front of his wife? That's some power, right there.

Harvey Weinstein needs to be held accountable for every sexual assault. In NY, where some of these assaults occurred, there are no statutes of limitations on rape or sexual assault. We can bet he's not going to be getting the sexual rehab or whatever he needs in New York.

I'm glad Terry Crews spoke out now. Maybe it will quiet the many who will be demanding to know why women didn't speak out right away.

Also, think about it - how powerful and privileged a Hollywood executive would have to feel to grab Terry Crews' private parts, in public, in front of his wife? That's some power, right there.

Harvey Weinstein needs to be held accountable for every sexual assault. In NY, where some of these assaults occurred, there are no statutes of limitations on rape or sexual assault. We can bet he's not going to be getting the sexual rehab or whatever he needs in New York.

Next, they need to look into the huge problem of powerful men exploiting young men. It's been an ongoing problem in both Hollywood and Washington DC. There are some big name directors in Hollywood who have been accused of exploiting underage or barely of age boys and men.

There was also the scandal of former House Speaker Dennis Hastert, who settled charges out of court involving molestation of young men when he was a high school wrestling coach. There's no way he stopped molesting boys once he was elected to Congress and moved to Washington DC. Which other members of Congress are doing the same?

Dennis Hastert: Child Molester

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...molester-prison-edit-0428-20160427-story.html

Even though former Congressman Hastert admitted to being a serial child molester, he spent less than 1 yr in prison.

Dennis Hastert: Republican 'Serial Child Molester' Released From Prison

https://www.**************/4375596/...n-serial-child-molester-released-from-prison/

Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert has been released from federal prison in Minnesota. The Illinois Republican had been serving a 15-month sentence for banking violations. Hastert was convicted in April 2016, of structuring bank transactions in an effort to conceal $3.5 million in hush money he was paying out to men he admitted to molesting while he was a high school wrestling coach in Illinois.

Why have Hastert's crimes never been fully investigated?

Life is so good. Series of tweets w/ Rose McGowen calling out Bezos--Amazon & WaPo propaganda-man

rose mcgowan‏Verified account
@rosemcgowan
Follow Follow @rosemcgowan
More
1) @jeffbezos I told the head of your studio that HW raped me. Over & over I said it. He said it hadn’t been proven. I said I was the proof.

[video=twitter;918567880865628161]https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/status/918567880865628161[/video]

Hey Everyone,

Please stay on topic.

This is not a thread about other movie stars or politics.

Stay on topic and no one gets hurt. :blowkiss:

I can only imagine the harassment all of the Hollywood people go through, a, b and c list! What an awful way to make a living. And to see so many who were ok with it as long as their career was moving forward.... Sad and sick.

Try being a junior associate at a law firm...or a lower level bank employee...or a new police recruit...or a church choir member...

The power is always going to be on the side of the powerful, and if you complain, you’ll always lose.

On a slightly humorous note, I once worked at Big Firm, and every year there was a lavish after work Christmas party, with a band, beverages, and a buffet. When some of the girls/women danced with Vice President Mr. Poirot (not his real name), they noticed he had an obvious erection. Not really anything they could do about it except to refuse to dance with him again...but...forever after, instead of saying, hi, Mr. Poirot, we all said, “Hey, Mr. Poirot, what’s up?” It always made him blush, and we all felt better for it.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4960400/Nathan-Lane-speaks-Harvey-Weinstein-threats.html#comments
Weinstein apparently lashed out at Lane over a joke he had made and threw him up against a wall
Lane said he told Weinstein, 'You can't hurt me, I don't have a film career,' when he threatened to destroy him

What an odious bully.... Nathan Lane is right to go public with this. Wonder what else is going to come to light ?
Apparently HW has no qualms about physically abusing people.
:moo:
This kind of thing just follows a certain politician everywhere. It's what really went wrong.

Lindsay Lohan feels ‘very bad’ for Harvey Weinstein

Actress Lindsay Lohan says she feels “very bad” for Harvey Weinstein, who was fired by the company he co-founded amid decades of allegations of sexual harassment.

Lohan made the comments in a since-deleted Instagram video Tuesday. The video was captured by followers who posted it to social media. In it, she says that she has done several movies with Weinstein and he never harmed her...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...y-lohan-feels-bad-harvey-weinstein/106523892/

She is not right in the head. Even Rose McGowan has come out on twitter and said to take it easy on Lindsay.
The poor thing needs a permanent stay at a good mental health facility. Where she will have 24/365 care. I don't think Lindsay even knows who she is from one minute to the next. She's trapped inside a very scary, very confusing world inside her own head.
Maybe that video is a veiled cry for help.

I am not surprised by any of this. In Hollywood land. Where a certain film maker can groom his ex wife's adopted daughter, then marry her, and have his own adopted daughter speak out about sexual abuse.
Yet still this sleezebag is the end all be all of 'high art' quirky filmdome, and he is highyly praised,and glorified like he's the mesiah of movie making. Actors,and actresses clamor to land that much coveted roll in one his films as if they are nothing until he deems them worthy. Then It's like have truly arrived when this sicko has them in one of his films.
It just turns my stomach. I Can't watch any movies he puts out. Just the thought of him is sickening.
So yeah. I'm not surprised it seems to be the norm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back