CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #8

Prayers for precious Hasanni, who would be around 11 years today! I am so thankful for a place like WS keeping up hope and love for a missing child.
Thank you!

-Nin

Thank you Nin as I often come across your heartwarming and wonderful posts.

Many of your posts tug at my heart. You are an inspiration to others and I just wanted to tell you that because you always inspire me to be the best and kindest I can be.

The story of little Hasanni is heartbreaking to me as I know it is to you all. I pray that whomever knows what happened to this beautiful little guy tells the truth.

Dear Hasanni - you live in my prayers and I wish only peace and love for you.

National Missing Children’s Day: Can you help find these missing kids?

Hasanni Campbell
Hassani Campbell disappeared at around 4:15 p.m. on August 10, 2009. He was last seen at a shoe store in Oakland, California, off of the 6000 block of College Avenue. Louis Ross, the child’s stepfather, worked at the store and was the last person to Hassani, a little boy with cerebral palsy who wore braces on his legs.

An age progression photo
campbell-fly-page-0.jpg

Snip:
Some say 5-year-old Hassani Campbell was last seen on Aug. 10, 2009, on College Avenue, the busy shopping district in Rockridge, Oakland. Others say he disappeared days before that.

Hassani’s foster father, Louis Ross, says he was dropping Hassani and his baby sister Aaliyah off with his fiancee — the children’s aunt and foster mom — Jennifer Campbell.

Jennifer managed the Shuz shoe store (now Pony Studios and Salon), at 6012 College Ave. Joseph says he left Hassani in his BMW in the Shuz parking lot as he carried baby Aaliyah around to the front of the store. When he returned, Hassani was gone.

An extensive search of the area found no sign of Hassani, who suffered from cerebral palsy and would have been unable to travel far alone.

Most of the doubt surrounding this case, and Ross’s testimony, concerns the fact that the foster father appeared to have misgivings about raising a disabled child. Authorities alleged that Ross sent an angry text to Jennifer 10 days before the disappearance, threatening to abandon Hassani on a BART platform.

Police immediately doubted Ross’s story — Hassani supposedly disappeared in the middle of a crowded business district, but nobody saw anything unusual and tracker dogs could not find the child's scent.

No other witnesses recall seeing Hassani in Rockridge, and police determined the last time the child was seen by anyone other than his foster parents was Aug. 6, at a Walmart in Fremont near where they lived.

After Ross failed a polygraph test, and Jennifer refused to take one, both foster parents were arrested on suspicion of murder 18 days after Hassani’s disappearance. Both were released after prosecutors decided there was insufficient evidence to file charges.

Authorities are no longer actively searching for Hassani, stating they simply don't know where to look. Although Ross and Jennifer maintain he was abducted from Oakland, police continue to name his foster parents as prime suspects in Hassani's disappearance. Ross and Jennifer ended their relationship less than a year later and moved from their Fremont home. Hassani’s case remains unsolved.
These Bay Area residents vanished and have never been found

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa