Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I see the posting of the Court Docs as exploitive and abusive. Obviously DM did some consulting before doing so as in to how far do we go to trash this victim’s character and cause her son immeasurable suffering forever.
I still lean toward this being a calculated, perhaps paid for attempt to destroy her credibility and character.
Whose powerful political and financial interests would that serve, is a question.
Imagine is she is found safe and has to come out and see all of this

Respectfully, within almost any context, jumping out a window, going over a fence, and flipping a neighbor's circuit breaker on and off would qualify as irrational, not to mention, potentially dangerous. The neighbors were allegedly bothered enough to call police. I am not a fan of The DM at all, but I think most people would agree that it seems apparent that, at least at that time, Heidi was having mental issues. People who are just 'feisty' do not usually voluntarily check themselves into psychiatric facilities. Now, that in no way means that she was still having mental issues at the time of her disappearance, but I do think that possibility has to be considered. She very possibly was under a great deal of stress at the time of her disappearance, and even the strongest of people have breaking points. JMO

I agree. And while it may be a coincidence, the 2015 break happened in mid-October too. Sometimes people with chronic mental health problems have "cycles" that relate to the time of year. Sometimes the association appears more psychological ("anniversary" type reactions) while at other times day length, temperature, and so on seem to affect one's mental functioning. But maybe it's coincidental too. I'd like to know more about other Octobers.
JMO

I know a lot of people are suspicious of JW and the way he has behaved, but I’ve felt in my gut from the start that mental health incident was probably a big factor here. JW might have said too much from the start, but I don’t think he ever once disparaged her character or hinted toward any sort of the behaviors that were revealed today, even in the custody filing made soon after her disappearance. He kept the focus on the need to find her, and I respect that for sure. I have a family member with similar issues described and it is an impossibly difficult situation. It does seem like JW has his son’s best interest at heart.

But the alternative is people speculating and smearing the character of other people in her life who are probably innocent as well (like JW/JS), because we didn’t have the full picture of what’s going on. It’s kind of a lose/lose.
Excuse me for begging to differ with you on the innocent factor of those others, especially JS and cohorts.
Heidi has made a lot of money for others, supported them, provided income one way or another.
The innocent one is her son.

MOO

Last edited:
Just read some of the court docs from DM. Not too sure how I feel about the release. Unfortunately when these incidents happen, the need to dig into every single aspect of these peoples lives exists. Who wants every single word whispered under the influence put under a public microscope? However it does give a bit more insight into what could’ve happened to her and why her ex husband was so quick to get full custody. He’s been here before with her.

One pattern I did notice was the way Heidi would ask for a ride to get her during her episodes. She asked her ex for a ride several times in the docs. She asked I think once after arriving at his work. How did she get there? Then she asked after him dropping her and her son off at home when she had the bacon. She also called from the facility during the strange conversation he described again wanting to be picked up.
Im wondering if she did this often when experiencing her episodes.
A friend did claim that she picked her up from that apartment before. Was she having an episode then and was afraid to drive? Was this a place she went to do things away from her son? Just speculating.

Also, I'm glad he has a dad in his life who intervened on custody when she was clearly not safe to be around. Not every child has that.

And he stated in the court documents that he did want his son to have a relationship with his mother even though she had some mental health issues and had done things that concerned him. There are plenty of parents out there that would've tried to use that to take away the child completely. I know some things he's said don't sit well with some people but I see a guy who is concerned for not only their son but for Heidi as well. Let's not forget, this is a crisis situation, people can act in strange ways when under this kind of stress.

I’m not saying I agree with the release of the court documents, I think there are details in there that the public does not need to know about, however I wonder if maybe the father wanted people to understand what had happened in the past and why he went for full custody so quickly. I know a lot of people are up in arms about that even though he stated it was due to the need to get their son into therapy immediately.

I’m not saying I agree with the release of the court documents, I think there are details in there that the public does not need to know about, however I wonder if maybe the father wanted people to understand what had happened in the past and why he went for full custody so quickly. I know a lot of people are up in arms about that even though he stated it was due to the need to get their son into therapy immediately.

You could be right but if you are, I have even less respect for JW than I did before. If he really engineered the public release of those private documents so people he doesn't know would understand why he did the things he did....yuck.
JMO

I suppose it is possible that she had a mental breakdown and disappeared on her own. However, I hope these released court docs do not cloud the investigation in the event something sinister happened to Heidi.
Being that she has a history of mental health issues, I understand JW wanting to get their son into therapy asap. The child is a victim in this as well. Hopefully, this case has some type of closure sooner rather than later.

I suppose it is possible that she had a mental breakdown and disappeared on her own. However, I hope these released court docs do not cloud the investigation in the event something sinister happened to Heidi.
Being that she has a history of mental health issues, I understand JW wanting to get their son into therapy asap. The child is a victim in this as well. Hopefully, this case has some type of closure sooner rather than later.

My heart breaks for her son, I cannot imagine what it would be like for a child to have their mother go missing. I’m glad his father wanted to get him some help asap.

You could be right but if you are, I have even less respect for JW than I did before. If he really engineered the public release of those private documents so people he doesn't know would understand why he did the things he did....yuck.
JMO

Yeah, the details in the documents bother me, that info was for the court, not for the public. I think IF this was his motive, there were other, much more tactful and respectful ways to convey that mental health was an issue in the past than revealing all these intimate details.

Yeah, the details in the documents bother me, that info was for the court, not for the public. I think IF this was his motive, there were other, much more tactful and respectful ways to convey that mental health was an issue in the past than revealing all these intimate details.
Is there a reason we assume that JW provided the documents to the media?

Unless he received a staggering amount for the “exclusive” release of the Docs, why in the world
Would JS do this? It serves neither him nor the official investigation any identifiable purpose.
They weren’t sealed or DM and all the others who accessed them by paying a fee to the County of LA could not have been floating and dangling them around on DM TV since last week.
Maybe they negotiated a no harm agreement or some legal maneuver to keep him from raising hell with the full on release, who knows?
Something’s stinky fishy.
MOO

Last edited:
JW didn’t release these or arrange it or be interviewed for article. It’s public record and to be honest probably someone embarrassing for him as well to have his personal relationship history out on blast like that. I’m sure he’s mortified that their son and his friends can read this and commentary. There was just no reason for them to publish such personal details as you can clearly sum them up to make the same point without verbatim from the court docs. Distasteful.

The ex husband really rubs me the wrong way, but I don’t think he released those documents. Daily mail probably purchased them from the CA courts website. I’m really surprised family court records are able to be purchased by the public in CA.

The ex husband really rubs me the wrong way, but I don’t think he released those documents. Daily mail probably purchased them from the CA courts website. I’m really surprised family court records are able to be purchased by the public in CA.
Ya it’s really messed up. If it’s not sealed, it’s fair game for anyone. I hate when they pop up in these cases but obviously in this case, the lack of information and background info from friends and family led me to feel like this was probably the reason. Mothers don’t usually have to fight hard for 50/50 and I felt there was probably more to why JW filed for full custody so quickly.

Ya it’s really messed up. If it’s not sealed, it’s fair game for anyone. I hate when they pop up in these cases but obviously in this case, the lack of information and background info from friends and family led me to feel like this was probably the reason. Mothers don’t usually have to fight hard for 50/50 and I felt there was probably more to why JW filed for full custody so quickly.

I also think it’s unfair to release such… personal… details from the ex husbands POV only. Not that I expect any different from the Daily mail.

I'm thinking of how different BW's life might have been if JW had just slipped out of the picture when he was born. And it does happen. Nothing I've seen indicates that JW doesn't have his son's best interests at heart. My own mother suffered from mental illness. I was an only child and my parents stayed together "for my sake," as I so often heard. There were times when my mother would retreat to the basement for weeks and wouldn't come up/out. My father, unable to deal I suppose, would leave the house at night and go to the race track. He was a teacher/coach with a master's degree, but it was too much for him. I used to sit there by myself (she was downstairs - not speaking to us) and worry what would happen. That said, I think JW is doing his best to give BW some stability in his life. He seems to be there for him and for a young and confused kid, that really does mean something. The word safety comes to mind - everyone deserves to feel safe, especially a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown