CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s very unfortunate that we’re getting much of our info from the ex-husband, who I don’t believe is a reliable source. I’m imaging a scenario where someone leaves a message saying something like, “This is xx, I live on the 28/9th floor of xx apartment building and I just found your dog wandering around.” Or something like that, and he filled in the blanks incorrectly, assuming they found Seven wandering in the building.
He picked the dog up from the couple who found him. You don't think it's reasonable they had a face-to-face conversation?

After looking at the area on a map, I'm leaning towards a hypothetical meeting taking place in very close proximity to Hope+Flower. Or the dog escaped/was put out of the RR near the apartments. Unless he knows to look both ways like Bear 399 (google it, amazing story), the odds of getting hit are high.
Google Maps
Exactly my feeling too! Excellent point about the dog. It’s a busy area, though probably quieter on a Sunday afternoon than during the work week.

Not if someone found the dog on the street and brought it into the building. JW might have led us astray there.

I'm sorry, I don't understand about the dog impacting what cameras/videos would reveal about the movements of HP and/or the car?

I'm sorry, I don't understand about the dog impacting what cameras/videos would reveal about the movements of HP and/or the car?
I just mean that it could be a dead end if JW is misspeaking about the dog being found running around the hall. I think it’s possible the dog was alone/loose on the street near the building and someone brought it in and then contacted the number on the tag. Total hypothetical. But at this point, JW has given so many conflicting statements in various interviews that I’m reluctant to trust the information. I don’t necessarily think it’s ill intentioned on his part though. MOO

According to what is posted on Fox news Nancy Grace news site:
The day after the game- 10/21 os what he is referencing.
JW as far as I can tell has a syntax issue. May be stress related, but it makes his declarations difficult to understand, in addition to the random contradictions.
And I guess the “spare phone” is her personal phone and the computer missing would also be her personal computer? And I suppose he glaringly doesn’t remember what he has said previously.
From the article:
…Wayne said that when he couldn't reach his ex-wife the next day about matters concerning their son, he began to worry and sent her best friend to check in on her at her home. Planck's cell phone was on the counter, but she was not home. Her Range Rover, purse, spare phone and her computer have not been found.
Wayne said his ex-wife's corporate phone was full of messages left by a woman who found Planck’s dog on the 28th floor of a downtown LA apartment building just three hours after the mom was last seen. Her Range Rover, purse, personal phone and her computer were all gone….
Nancy Grace raises new questions in case of missing California mom last seen at her son's football game
I think additional confusion is caused by hasty copy-writers, who don't really take the time to figure out the story, but just pick and choose selected details because they want to simplify it for readers.

I think he was making an assumption about what she would know in her position. And I agree with him. She would know the secrets.
And in all fairness to him. He is probably learning more details day by day, so some of his statements are going to evolve.

My thoughts on what happened are ping ponging with every new media story released.

I just mean that it could be a dead end if JW is misspeaking about the dog being found running around the hall. I think it’s possible the dog was alone/loose on the street near the building and someone brought it in and then contacted the number on the tag. Total hypothetical. But at this point, JW has given so many conflicting statements in various interviews that I’m reluctant to trust the information. I don’t necessarily think it’s ill intentioned on his part though. MOO

I'm talking about traffic cameras, business security cameras, and so forth, in the entire area of the playing field and home.

I agree with your thoughts about JW.

A dear friend was savagely murdered last year. His killer left his cell behind and hopped in his Tesla and drove over 500 miles through freeways, toll roads, through the biggest metro areas, half the length of California, then into Nevada where he finally stopped in Reno.
The Tesla was charged along the route and all that is recorded and accesible, as is the data from the virtually impossible to disable GPS, a critical component due to the charging needs and station locator.
He wasn’t located by authorities until a week later, when he was reported as allegedly suicidal in a motel.
I’m telling you this because in real life, it is a stretch to think it is a piece of cake to track Heidi’s car by license plate or make and model.
Also, I don’t think we should underestimate the involvement and implication of the highly specialized RHD’s involvement. And the vaguely referenced federal agents in the search of her home might have been US Marshals.

Ah!! Yes. Agree. They have to know more by now.
But do you feel they have any videos, or were they all taped over by the time they really started paying attention to her being missing? I am unsure how long they are kept before being taped over. Just wondering about other's opinions as to whether it is too late for the videos.

And in all fairness to him. He is probably learning more details day by day, so some of his statements are going to evolve.

My thoughts on what happened are ping ponging with every new media story released.

I just had a thought on the laptop found or not found. I bet the one found at her house, that he gave to LE, was her personal laptop. And the one her boss wanted back was her business laptop.

But do you feel they have any videos, or were they all taped over by the time they really started paying attention to her being missing? I am unsure how long they are kept before being taped over. Just wondering about other's opinions as to whether it is too late for the videos.
Hard to say but I’m a little annoyed by the way the media is painting the building as villainous for not handing over videos without being presented with a warrant. That’s not the way things work here. LE needs to be properly prepared. I think between all the spaces you mentioned (street and building) hopefully they have something.

I just had a thought on the laptop found or not found. I bet the one found at her house, that he gave to LE, was her personal laptop. And the one her boss wanted back was her business laptop.
Good point. The phone at the home was said in one article to be her business phone. Which would mean the couple who found the dog was texting/calling her work phone? Maybe she had microchip alerts set for both phone numbers.

It depends. In this day and age data takes up no space. And yet many set their systems to record over or delete weekly, bi weekly, etc. It is infuriating and makes no sense.

Moo.

Hard to say but I’m a little annoyed by the way the media is painting the building as villainous for not handing over videos without being presented with a warrant. That’s not the way things work here. LE needs to be properly prepared. I think between all the spaces you mentioned (street and building) hopefully they have something.
What is crime like in the area of the building? Could she have been the victim of a carjacking? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74