CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the few times I have ever seen where a facility refused to assist with or allow a search for a missing person. This throws up all sorts of red flags for me. Most businesses and facilities fall all over themselves wanting to help.

This is one of the few times I have ever seen where a facility refused to assist with or allow a search for a missing person. This throws up all sorts of red flags for me. Most businesses and facilities fall all over themselves wanting to help.
ITA - unless there’s something to hide I can think of no legitimate reason to not allow a search of the garage
JMO
ETA: Not allow a search...

Last edited:
I don't think this article has been posted yet.

So. She takes her phone, computer, small purse and dog, and loads them up on Sunday to go watch her son's football game. Leaves the game at halftime, appearing distracted. Three hours later, her dog is located on the 28th floor of the Hope and Flowers complex. Then on Wednesday, she doesn't pick her son up from school. So who had her dog, wondering where she was this whole time? Who had her dog for 3 nights and didn't know she was missing, or at least completely unresponsive?

OR, maybe the dog Seven was at a rescue? How did they manage to contact family about Heidi's dog - how did they get that contact information?

https://www.turnto23.com/news/state...mom-heidi-planck-who-disappeared-mysteriously

So. She takes her phone, computer, small purse and dog, and loads them up on Sunday to go watch her son's football game. Leaves the game at halftime, appearing distracted. Three hours later, her dog is located on the 28th floor of the Hope and Flowers complex. Then on Wednesday, she doesn't pick her son up from school. So who had her dog, wondering where she was this whole time? Who had her dog for 3 nights and didn't know she was missing, or at least completely unresponsive?

OR, maybe the dog Seven was at a rescue? How did they manage to contact family about Heidi's dog - how did they get that contact information?

https://www.turnto23.com/news/state...mom-heidi-planck-who-disappeared-mysteriously

Good question. Either the dog was at a rescue, as you said, or maybe the dog was wearing a tag that contained the family's phone number?

From the opening thread -
The family of Heidi Planck said they last saw her 11 days ago on Oct. 17 in the 7800 block of Gardendale Street, according to a Los Angeles Police Department statement.

Planck’s ex-husband said Planck left their son’s football game at halftime, adding that she seemed distracted. In a bizarre turn, three hours later, in Downtown LA, her dog was found on the 28th floor of an apartment building.

so October 17 was a Sunday - and her dog was found three hours after she left the football game. When were police called? That Wednesday? from your link - so did she have custody Wed-Sunday morning? I need to go back and see what else has been reported. We need a timeline on this one.
JMO
ETA:Heidi was last seen on October 17, 2021, on the 7800 block of Gardendale Street in the City of Downey. She failed to pick up her son from school located in the 1500 block of Selby Avenue, in West Los Angeles, on October 20, 2021. Heidi’s family and friends are concerned for her safety.
It looks like she was reported missing on October 20
Missing 39-Year-Old Female NR21305dm - LAPD Online

Heidi Planck, 39, Reported Missing From Downey After Failing To Pick Up Son From School

The family of Heidi Planck said they last saw her 11 days ago on Oct. 17 in the 7800 block of Gardendale Street, according to a Los Angeles Police Department statement.

Planck’s ex-husband said Planck left their son’s football game at halftime, adding that she seemed distracted. In a bizarre turn, three hours later, in Downtown LA, her dog was found on the 28th floor of an apartment building. Planck, her silver Range Rover, her purse, her personal phone and computer, however, were all gone.

Planck’s friends said the apartment building management has refused to allow them to look in the parking garage to see if possibly her SUV is parked there. They also said apartment management won’t share building security tape with police unless they get a warrant. So far, the building’s management has not responded to a request for comment.

Friend and family suspect foul play.

“It seems to us that everything stems from that building where her dog was found,” said a friend.

“I think something has to have happened to her to keep her away from her son,” another friend said.

Planck is white, 5-feet-3 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes.

She was last seen wearing jeans and a gray sweater driving a 2017 gray Range Rover with a black-and-yellow California license plate of U840X0.

Culver-City-Mother-2.png

Last edited:

Idk, I can see why a high end building would refuse to let people look around. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see why they would do it. They may have wealthy/high profile residents who pay a lot of money to have their privacy protected.

I'm baffled as to why the complex isn't even pretending to be helpful. To completely shut down anyone's attempt to get in the garage to look around. The security tapes I get , but why not have the security guard walk the property with one of her family members just to check. Something is fishy with that complex and their management. But if they are trying to waste time, who could possibly be involved that they would be willing to cover for? If that's what they are doing. Who knows right now...but this whole story is weird.

So the facility where she was last seen appears to be St. Pius X St. Mathias Academy, a private high school, with a nice football field/sports complex attached. 7851 Gardendale St., Downey CA.

Let me get this straight.
Heidi was last seen in Downey by family, where she presumably lives? What family?
Ex says she left the son's football practice in West LA, acting distracted.

So she went home from the football game where "family" saw her leave again in her Range Rover followed by her dog?
Then the dog was found in that posh apartment building downtown, 3 hours later?

Let me get this straight.
Heidi was last seen in Downey by family, where she presumably lives?
Ex says she left the son's football practice in West LA, acting distracted.

So she went home from the football game where "family" saw her leave again in her Range Rover followed by her dog?
Then the dog was found in that posh apartment building downtown, 3 hours later?
It appears the place she was last seen by family was the football field where her son was playing, at a private academy on Gardendale St. in Downey.

Here's the article in the OP. If you watch the video, in the first 45 seconds you see her leave home with her dog and possessions, headed for the football game. Then she got to the football game (with the dog) and left at halftime. That's the last time she was seen.

Heidi Planck, 39, Reported Missing From Downey After Failing To Pick Up Son From School

It appears the place she was last seen by family was the football field where her son was playing, at a private academy on Gardendale St. in Downey.

"DOWNEY (CBSLA) — Police Thursday were searching for a missing 39-year-old woman who was last seen in the Downey area."
"“She’s leaving the house. She’s got the dog following behind her. She’s got a tiny purse under her arm and she jumps into her Range Rover and drives away,” said Jim Wayne, Planck’s ex-husband."

So this is BEFORE she went to the football field where she was also seen.
and the dog was with her at the football game.

Looks like I was mixed up...the school where her son was to be picked up is in West LA, not the football practice.

So she doesn't live in this apt block where the dog was found, do I have that right?
Yes, you have that right, she doesn't live in that complex. In the OP news link, there is video of her coming out of her house the morning she left for the football game, and it was not the Hope and Flowers Condo Complex.

Last edited:
"DOWNEY (CBSLA) — Police Thursday were searching for a missing 39-year-old woman who was last seen in the Downey area."
"“She’s leaving the house. She’s got the dog following behind her. She’s got a tiny purse under her arm and she jumps into her Range Rover and drives away,” said Jim Wayne, Planck’s ex-husband."

So this is BEFORE she went to the football field where she was also seen.
and the dog was with her at the football game.

Looks like I was mixed up...the school where her son was to be picked up is in West LA, not the football practice.
so does the ex live in the same house? how does he have access to her security footage I wonder?

From the opening thread -

Planck’s ex-husband said Planck left their son’s football game at halftime, adding that she seemed distracted. In a bizarre turn, three hours later, in Downtown LA, her dog was found on the 28th floor of an apartment building.

so October 17 was a Sunday - and her dog was found three hours after she left the football game. When were police called? That Wednesday? from your link - so did she have custody Wed-Sunday morning? I need to go back and see what else has been reported. We need a timeline on this one.
JMO
ETA:Heidi was last seen on October 17, 2021, on the 7800 block of Gardendale Street in the City of Downey. She failed to pick up her son from school located in the 1500 block of Selby Avenue, in West Los Angeles, on October 20, 2021. Heidi’s family and friends are concerned for her safety.
It looks like she was reported missing on October 20
Missing 39-Year-Old Female NR21305dm - LAPD Online
my husband and his ex are supposed to have the same type of custody i think. im betting dad picked up son for his weekend when he got out of school on friday, and mom was supposed to get him back wed after school and have him til monday drop off for her weekend. she probably came to her sons game on either parents custody time.

I assume none of Heidi's belongings have been found in that apartment complex...phone, laptop, purse. I would hope that the garbage area from which residents' garbage goes down individual chutes, has been searched. But management is not allowing even the parking area to be searched (unconscionable imo). Then also, a complex that size would have an incinerator right?
Heidi could possibly be IN the building even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrismatte