CA CA - Helmut Ernst Altmann, 31, Beverly Hills, 30 October 1984

Romulus

Reaction score
Helmut Ernst Altmann

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Helmut Ernst Altmann, an Austrian national, came to the Los Angeles area to invest in California real estate and checked into the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel on October 26, 1984. Indicating an October 31, 1984 checkout date and a scheduled return to Austria on November 2, 1984, Altmann was last seen in his hotel room on October 30, 1984. On November 6, 1984, after he was reported missing by his wife, Altmann's hotel room was checked; his clothing, money, passport and return airline ticket to Austria via Germany were found in the room. It is believed that Altmann was driving a rented car and was sightseeing in the Big Sur area of California on October 30, 1984. Altmann's rented car is still outstanding.

46-105146503.png
He disappeared with the car, I wonder if he drove into a body of water or is in the bottom of a canyou and just hasn't been found?

I believe... That Helmut Altmann is the same man who was washed up on a beach in Sligo, Ireland in 2009 and who had used the fake name "Peter Bergmann" and a Austrian address (that by the way didn't exist, Anstetternstrasse) while checking in to a hotel.

They look too much alike and around same age. Both surname ends with -mann also.

FYI Anstetternstrasse was the street address in Vienna, Amstetten in Austria is very close to Wels where Altmann was from.

I am in contact with the police officer in charge of the investigation (who I submitted my tip to) and they have contacted Beverly Hills Police Department through Interpol and they are matching dental records.

Previous comment was deleted because I was confident that I was right and stated it which apparently was against the rules here.

I believe... That Helmut Altmann is the same man who was washed up on a beach in Sligo, Ireland in 2009 and who had used the fake name "Peter Bergmann" and a Austrian address (that by the way didn't exist, Anstetternstrasse) while checking in to a hotel.

They look too much alike and around same age. Both surname ends with -mann also.

FYI Anstetternstrasse was the street address in Vienna, Amstetten in Austria is very close to Wels where Altmann was from.

I am in contact with the police officer in charge of the investigation (who I submitted my tip to) and they have contacted Beverly Hills Police Department through Interpol and they are matching dental records.

Previous comment was deleted because I was confident that I was right and stated it which apparently was against the rules here.
Thank you. I will wait and see.

Thank you. I will wait and see.
I am waiting too. Sadly, I have been waiting for over a month but according to law enforcement its not uncommon to have to wait this long. Thought it would be an easy match to do, and it probably is. Police in two countries I suppose is the issue.

Last edited:
I don't believe this is Peter Bergmann, Altmann is 10cm taller. I found the following description which just doesn't match, the article also mentions they have the DNA of Altman's daughter. Gardai regularly puts out a black notice with Interpol and recently renewed the appeal. They would have had a match since the daughter's DNA was added in 2017.

Kurier.at - Alter Vermisstenfall wird neu aufgerollt

"Altmann is 1.89 metres tall and has brown hair. Scars on his legs and back are described as conspicuous. He is also said to have a particularly protruding lower jaw."

Any updates?

I have the impression that he was robbed... knowing that he had money and having it in the bank it is also difficult not to be an easy target... maybe he did not speak the language well and was ambushed or deceived under the pretext of business...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam