Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper #2

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
The Doe Network: 40UFCA

40UFCA.jpg

Unidentified White Female

* Died on April 1, 1990 in Huntington Beach, Orange County, California as a result of a traffic-related accident.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 18 - 30 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 122 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; brown hair. Acne scars were visible on her face. Well-nourished build with large breasts. Her feet were size six and she wore black toenail polish.
* Dentals: Her teeth showed signs of previous orthodontics and she had received dental care shortly before her death. Restorations on back of top front 4 teeth. Dental records and fingerprints are available.
* Clothing: She was wearing a black dress; fishnet stockings; a pink sweater; and a size 40 D bra. A ring made of human hair was located on her left ring finger. She carried a smooth black stone, and a motel key inscribed with No. 218. She carried no identification and no credit cards.

Case History
This young woman stepped onto Pacific Coast Highway on April Fools' Day, 1990. She was struck first by a Mazda MX-6, then a Lincoln Continental. She died instantly.
When a sketch of her was published in local newspapers, several Huntington Beach residents said they had spoken with her.
Her first name may have been Andrea and she may have been from the East-Coast.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Carbuff, from that article you posted on the Washoe John Doe thread, it sounds like lots of IDs are being made, and have already been made, so I wouldn't be surprised if these start popping up more.

Carbuff, from that article you posted on the Washoe John Doe thread, it sounds like lots of IDs are being made, and have already been made, so I wouldn't be surprised if these start popping up more.
Wouldn't that be great.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Wait wait wait... I feel a wee bit lost. I didn't know there were PM's available of her. (I'm new to this site, so excuse me if I posted this weird or anything)

I'm getting a distinct feeling ( in my gut ) that it's going to turn out to be my Andrea. I hope not but then again, as I said above, at least we will know what happened to her and who this young lady is! Thank you for the kind comment Irish Eyes. She meant a lot to me and I know I could have done more to help her but I was having problems helping myself back then, even! This is a real surprise at any rate. I didn't think this was going to be solved for a long time if ever at all. So glad she has been ID'd but feel bad that she passed at such a young age and the way she did. Love and Peace To All - MontanaMan

Glad you shared this. I sometimes wonder about friends I've lost track of......The down side of an adventurous life is finding out some people you love succumb to unexpected or tragic ends.

She looks much different than I imagined, but as stated, that picture of her is obviously from quite awhile before her accident. Her father said that she was manic-depressive, so she may have been living a rougher life in the years before she died. She's well "done up" in her picture, but may not have been taking as good care of herself at the time of her death - mental illness is a beast, as we have seen so many times.

Wow, and she was named Andrea too. She really was telling the truth about everything, she just wasn't where we could find her [emoji17]

Rest easy, Andrea.

FluffPuff- carl didn't share any of the Pm pics as he was requested not to (I think-- he can confirm!) but they are available in google if you type in Huntington Beach Jane Doe. I did that the other day and they popped up. I did not expect them to be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those PM photos are of a different Huntington Beach Jane Doe from 1968, not Andrea. I thought the same thing when I first saw them.

Wow, and she was named Andrea too. She really was telling the truth about everything, she just wasn't where we could find her [emoji17]

Rest easy, Andrea.

FluffPuff- carl didn't share any of the Pm pics as he was requested not to (I think-- he can confirm!) but they are available in google if you type in Huntington Beach Jane Doe. I did that the other day and they popped up. I did not expect them to be there.

I looked it up, sometime recently, and those PM's you see on Google belong to a Jane doe that died way back in the 60's. I could very well be wrong, but that's what I've seen at least.

Some of us have seen Andrea's PM photos, under condition that we not share them. I don't think they've ever been generally available.

Oh. Ok
That's what I thought, I don't wanna get in trouble or anything. 😓

I looked it up, sometime recently, and those PM's you see on Google belong to a Jane doe that died way back in the 60's. I could very well be wrong, but that's what I've seen at least.

Oh, thank you! My mistake, I assumed they were her since they popped up. I should check my sources! [emoji851]

Awesome! This is one of those cases I thought we would never see solved. But fingerprints??? Sheesh - seems like this could have been solved long ago.

It sounds as if her family never searched for her. They knew she was in California the last time they spoke to her. That's just so sad.

So do we know if she really was adopted? Did they release her DOB?

WOW!!!!!!!

I'm ecstatic to see Andrea get her name back. Amazed that her story was real (so far), bummed that our gov't is SO far behind in the ability to cross reference and just...blown away! None of the recons looked anything like her, the age estimate was younger and...I just think this would have never been solved without the much needed break.

But mostly...how awful to have family that just writes you off like that. I'm really stunned at that sort of coldness. I guess you never really know what happens in someone's family but still! RIP Andrea. You were beautiful and obviously searching for something very necessary to your heart. I'm sorry your life was cut so short before you had the chance to find your answers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903
Back