CA CA - I-5 Strangler - Roger Reece KIBBE, 1970's-80's

California serial killer and rapist, 81, dubbed the I-5 Strangler is 'murdered' in prison | Daily Mail Online

"One of California's most notorious serial rapists and killers, known as the I-5 Strangler, has died after allegedly being attacked in prison.

Roger Reece Kibbe, 81, was discovered unresponsive on the floor of his cell at Mule Creek State Prison at around 12.45am on Sunday.

Kibbe's cellmate, convicted murderer Jason Budrow sporting a '666' tattoo on his forehead, was found standing next to the mortally injured man."

"Kibbe pleaded guilty in 2008 to murdering Lou Burleigh, Lora Heedrick, Barbara Scott, Stephanie Brown, Charmaine Sabrah and Katherine Quinones"

Last edited:

Deceased Inmate:
Roger Reece Kibble, 81
Born: 21 May 1939

Fox News:

Autopsy shows that California 'I-5 Strangler' was strangled himself

Cellmate-of-Interest:
Jason Richard Budrow, 40
Born: 23 March 1980
&
Jason Budrow: Inmate Accused of Killing ‘I-5 Strangler’ Roger Kibbe | Heavy.com

Google™ Supplements & Updates:

Roger Kibbe - Jason Budrow - Google Search

Cerebral Hypoxia = Result of Manual Strangulation
I-5 = Interstate Highway # 5
LWOP = Life With-Out Parole
RSO = Registered Sex Offender

[Contribution # 7909
Thread # 61586]

California prisoner confesses to strangling the I-5 Strangler in a five-page letter | Daily Mail Online

"A California prisoner has admitted to strangling the serial killer known as the I-5 Strangler in the cell prison cell that they shared.

Jason Budrow, 40, claimed he murdered the notorious killer Roger Kibbe, 81, in a five-page letter he titled 'Ascension … May Their Souls Go To Heaven' to the local Bay Area News Group.

Kibbe, who strangled and raped at least seven women in the 1970s and 1980s, was found unresponsive in his cell at the Mule Creek State Prison southeast of Sacramento on February 28 while Budrow was standing nearby.

An autopsy showed Kibbe had been manually strangled and officials ruled his death a homicide, the Amador County Sheriff's Office said.

Budrow has claimed that he killed his cellmate the night before, according to the outlet. He decided on killing Kibbe as early as November 2020 and spent months 'grooming' him before they were allowed to share a cell.

No charges have been filed in the death of Kibbe and the prisons's Investigative Services Unit is investigating this incident."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back