Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

If you click on the little up arrow next to a quoted poster's name, it will take you back to earlier in the thread, to that post.

Thank you! All this time I had no idea about that little arrow or how to find a quote’s original posting!

I’m not sure it’s anything but maybe parked cars in the background, reflecting parking lot lights. It does look weird though. MOO

I agree, and its never really the case that cops are just gonna be all around at the exact point you gotta do a pee. Even with cops nearby its never too far to find some cover of darkness and theyre presence is certainly not likely to just happen to lead you to wherever the nearest edge of water is. That being said, if you are within they're sight, and i say this as a self admitted active public night pisser, definitely be weary. In all of my experience, cops are extremely eager to enforce this law when given the opportunity to do so. I've been surprised many times to see cops let people off for very significant infractions, but never once for a pisser. If your a pisser and you get caught, they are going to take you to jail, and they will do it with a pep in they're step that is rarely seen. Doesn't matter if the cop is male or female, they're all devoted to bring pissers to justice. Or maybe they really just wanna protect us because they know that if they dont apprehend us, the next piss we take could be the piss to our watery deaths.. :eek: Next time if im ever drinking and i gotta go, im wearing a snorkel. Even if im peeing into an american standard toilet. Because no body of water is small enough to be safe :( . But back to what is most important here, in regards to Ian Powers, this is a tragedy with far too many unanswered questions, and under the most suspicious of circumstances, as far as I can tell. It's outrageous to me that people are being sold this piss theory STILL.. And again I'm not saying that no man in history has ever died pissing, but It's a horrible insult to the great majority of these many young men found in water, and it's a real kick in the teeth for the families of the loved ones. The pee theory is just as bad as the jackasses who try to claim that this is all the work of extraterrestrial or paranormal activities. I don't mean to sound harsh but i just hope this compels people to under stand why this should be scrutinized and called out.

Last edited:
THIS. this so much.

i don't remember ONE incident where a male friend said to me, hey...gonna go to the river, creek, pond, lake, etc. to pee. and i grew up in the country and lived for many years in cities on the mississippi river, and now by an ocean. guys will literally pee on a tree or a wall (or absolutely nothing) 3 ft. away before going way out of the way or being inconvenienced, especially if it's freezing outside. they can go anywhere! it's women who wander way off the beaten path to squat and pee out of wandering eyes. NOT men. (generally speaking, of course). i think that's important to recognize in ALL of these cases, really.

ETA: i also think it's a shame that you face criminal charges for peeing in a public place (or drunken/disorderly conduct) in the USA. it's a natural human function. where i live, it's not a crime if it's an emergency, and never with kids. and no, there are not people peeing all over the place at random. lol. but you don't have to be afraid IF you or your kids have a situation. the ONLY reason i can see a man wandering out of the way of a bar or current environment to relieve himself is that he is afraid of getting approached by cops or caught publicly relieving himself. this is the only logical explanation for him not going within a reasonable vicinity to pee outside. moo.
I agree, and its never really the case that cops are just gonna be all around at the exact point you gotta do a pee. Even with cops nearby its never too far to find some cover of darkness and theyre presence is certainly not likely to just happen to lead you to wherever the nearest edge of water is. That being said, if you are within they're sight, and i say this as a self admitted active public night pisser, definitely be weary. In all of my experience, cops are extremely eager to enforce this law when given the opportunity to do so. I've been surprised many times to see cops let people off for very significant infractions, but never once for a pisser. If your a pisser and you get caught, they are going to take you to jail, and they will do it with a pep in they're step that is rarely seen. Doesn't matter if the cop is male or female, they're all devoted to bring pissers to justice. Or maybe they really just wanna protect us because they know that if they dont apprehend us, the next piss we take could be the piss to our watery deaths.. :eek: Next time if im ever drinking and i gotta go, im wearing a snorkel. Even if im peeing into an american standard toilet. Because no body of water is small enough to be safe :( . But back to what is most important here, in regards to Ian Powers, this is a tragedy with far too many unanswered questions, and under the most suspicious of circumstances, as far as I can tell. It's outrageous to me that people are being sold this piss theory STILL.. And again I'm not saying that no man in history has ever died pissing, but It's a horrible insult to the great majority of these many young men found in water, and it's a real kick in the teeth for the families of the loved ones. The pee theory is just as bad as the jackasses who try to claim that this is all the work of extraterrestrial or paranormal activities. I don't mean to sound harsh but i just hope this compels people to under stand why this should be scrutinized and called out.

That made me laugh entirely too much. The snorkel... lol. But oddly, I read it in a British or Scottish accent!!! Lol.

Anyway... I hope Chelsea is finding some peace. I know that has to be nearly impossible without answers.

There are no indications he was drunk, and he didn't have dementia. His vision, judgement, etc., not mentioned by anyone as an issue. This man was a victim of a serious crime. This didn't happen 100 years ago, there is still evidence that can be investigated. There is no statute of limitations on murder.

His family said he was the most responsible member of the family.
His family was in the area at the time, and extremely concerned about his disappearance, since all the facts at the time were suspicious and atypical of Ian's normal behavior. Something was done to Ian, after luring him away from the people he was with at the game. From all indications, Ian received a text while he was in or looking for the restroom. It could have been someone asking him to meet him in the parking lot. The trail goes cold in the parking lot. He wasn’t going to walk 2 miles to a bridge on a mud flat at night in November to take a piss. He could have done that somewhere in the parking lot, there were not many people around at the time.
The few waterways in that area are very shallow, like 3 feet at high tide. - marshes/mudflats. The drainage creek was dry, maybe 1 inch of water at most. This area had been in a drought for a decade
Notice as he's walking in the video in the passageway, there is a dark figure on the other side of the glass to the right, keeping pace with him and that figure is obviously watching Ian closely. That one individual didn't pick Ian at random, more likely premeditated, part of a team.

Focus on what was potentially done TO HIM. Why assume he was at fault?
Every day, people in power get away with crimes, and able to cover it up.

Scenario: Ian was targeted (not to steal his wallet) after luring him out, and followed into the parking lot, he's hit him on the head, thrown into a van, and driven off. After being held for a period of time, Ian was say, 187'd in a way consistent with suffocation, then his body taken out to that tiny pier in Alviso, 2 miles from Levi Stadium, and dumped into the mud/marsh. This is only conjecture, but for the police to declare his death "accidental" stinks of a cover-up. What was their motive? Was Ian potentially a witness to some crime? What crime, how serious, who implicated potentially, what connections to the police department?

This CASE IS NOT CLOSED. Who allegedly killed Ian and why is more than a reasonable question to ask, and the local police aren't willing to disclose their suspicions.

Last edited:
The Police were clearly trying to blame Ian for his own disappearance and death. Look at him in this photo taken at the game.
He's with a girlfriends and children, is a reportedly responsible guy, isn't going to get totally intoxicated with those kids around.
He was 32, not 18 years old. The Police moved too quickly to tie the disappearance and very unlikely "accidental" death to Ian only.
The video of him leaving thru the walkway clearly shows he was being tailed, the figure to the right on other side of the glass.
The police didn't shut this case down so quickly due to lack of budget, or not having enough qualified investigators to dig further.
His death is EXTREMELY SUSPICIOUS, as are all the circumstances - from the moment entered the walkway to the parking lot, until the moment his body was found in those mud flats/marsh, 2 miles away. Ian deserved better than to be dumped in the mud, and then for the case to be dropped by San Jose PD. Why didn't they do their job ?
Search continues Thursday for Spokane man who mysteriously disappeared in Santa Clara after 49ers football game

So from this coroner report that mentioned Ian accidentally drowned in salt water, and may have been "swept away by a nearby river into the Bay".
Coroner says Spokane man who went missing at 49ers game accidentally drowned | krem.com

On the other hand, the police also said he "fell off a pier into the Bay'.
Why are the police and the coroner so obviously trying to place all the blame on Ian.? WHY ARE THEY ALLEGEDLY LYING ?

He was sober and sane enough to leave the stadium seating to navigate downstairs to the restroom, and got diverted thru the walkway into the parking lot for some reason. I suspect he was lured out there by a text message. As he was walking thru the hallway, a mind on the other side of the glass media n is watching Ian an keeping pace with him as Ian proceeds towards the parking lot

I call BS on the "accidental drowning" story. Why would Ian walk 2 miles thru industrial parks, to a very dark isolated marshy area, for ANY REASON ??? They reference the Bay. At high tide, the water is 3 , maybe 5 feet deep at most. It's mudflats and marshland.

the 'river" as the coroner referred to it, is a narrow, concrete lined creek, and it was at most 1 inch deep in water at the time. That area had been experiencing a drought the past 10 years. The creeks were dry. The nearest river, is the Guadalupe River, 5 miles away to the east, and it also was nearly empty due to drought.
It's time to reopen this case, while various evidence may have surfaced between Nov 11, 2018, and now, in May, 2021.
This case, and the way it was handled by both the Santa Clara and San Jose PD, and the coroner stink of a cover-up.
Doesn't Ian deserve justice, or isn't he rich or powerful enough to warrant it ?

The area Ian was found is basically mud and salt marsh, that at the max is 5 feet deep at high tide, most the time is mud.
There are many inconsistencies.
In some reports, the San Jose PD say Ian's bod was found 'a mile offshore' in the Bay'. in otherreports, San Jose PD said Ian's body was found in the "marina', which is basically next to a narrow, tiny pier. at the most extreme south end of the Bay, that is basically mud most the time. There is no reason Ian would walk 2.5 miles in the middle of the night alone to that location.
Some San Jose PD reports indicated Ian was dead in the mud since that Monday night, in others, they say it was later. Even forensics science from 100 years ago could figure that out. within a short time of finding a body.
But it is the IDEAL place to dump a body, if someone was suffocated intentionally.
The nearest river (Guadalupe is 5 miles east of the Stadium, and nearly dry at the time from years of drought.
The "creeks' mentioned are narrow, concrete-lined channels that also were dry or nearly dry at the time due to years of drought.
SOMEONE IS LYING. Ian deserved better than an obvious police .
/coroner whitewash.
They ran toxicology tests. Why weren't the results revealed ? Possibly because they indicated Ian WAS NOT IMPAIRED at the time of his death by drugs or alcohol.

Last edited:
The Police were clearly trying to blame Ian for his own disappearance and death. Look at him in this photo taken at the game.
He's with a girlfriends and children, is a reportedly responsible guy, isn't going to get totally intoxicated with those kids around.
He was 32, not 18 years old. The Police moved too quickly to tie the disappearance and very unlikely "accidental" death to Ian only.
The video of him leaving thru the walkway clearly shows he was being tailed, the figure to the right on other side of the glass.
The police didn't shut this case down so quickly due to lack of budget, or not having enough qualified investigators to dig further.
His death is EXTREMELY SUSPICIOUS, as are all the circumstances - from the moment entered the walkway to the parking lot, until the moment his body was found in those mud flats/marsh, 2 miles away. Ian deserved better than to be dumped in the mud, and then for the case to be dropped by San Jose PD. Why didn't they do their job ?
Search continues Thursday for Spokane man who mysteriously disappeared in Santa Clara after 49ers football game

i am local and to be honest SJPD hardly will help with anything. i was in an accident and they referred me to file online since "no one was injured", my sons crazy ex gf literally followed him home with a truck load of dudes and drew on him in front of the whole fam on the front yard and the whole thing was caught on our cams and they came an hour later and said "it was too grainy" and told us to file a civil RO. my adult step daughter called 911 in the midst of getting the crap beat out of her after her ex bf kicked her door in and they again took an hour to come. a few months ago, someone stole my sons catalytic converter from his car and we saw on the news that day that some ppl were pulled over in milpitas w a bunch of them, we called MPD and they told us "to file a report w SJPD" we didnt even bother.

all that said, this would have been santa clara PD or santa clara county sheriff.

i am local and to be honest SJPD hardly will help with anything. i was in an accident and they referred me to file online since "no one was injured", my sons crazy ex gf literally followed him home with a truck load of dudes and drew on him in front of the whole fam on the front yard and the whole thing was caught on our cams and they came an hour later and said "it was too grainy" and told us to file a civil RO. my adult step daughter called 911 in the midst of getting the crap beat out of her after her ex bf kicked her door in and they again took an hour to come. a few months ago, someone stole my sons catalytic converter from his car and we saw on the news that day that some ppl were pulled over in milpitas w a bunch of them, we called MPD and they told us "to file a report w SJPD" we didnt even bother.

all that said, this would have been santa clara PD or santa clara county sheriff.

It should have been Santa Clara PD or the SC county Sheriff. Once Ian's body was found face down in the mud in Alviso, San Jose PD took jurisdiction on investigation of the dead body. The coroner surmised Ian was "washed out to the bay by a nearby river or creek" but that doesn't fly, because the nearby creeks were nearly dry, and the nearest river (Guadalupe is 5 miles away). and water level nearly empty.

It should have been Santa Clara PD or the SC county Sheriff. Once Ian's body was found face down in the mud in Alviso, San Jose PD took jurisdiction on investigation of the dead body. The coroner surmised Ian was "washed out to the bay by a nearby river or creek" but that doesn't fly, because the nearby creeks were nearly dry, and the nearest river (Guadalupe is 5 miles away). and water level nearly empty.
that does make sense. i thought alviso was SCCSD too but i could certainly be wrong.

Ian Powers was an US Army veteran. He deserved a thorough investigation into his death, not a hasty dismissal , basically blaming him for his 'accidental death'. If he was the CEO of one of the big Silicon Valley companies, found face down in the mud in Alviso, you know nothing would have been spared to get to the bottom of this.
The police said they couldnt send up a helicopter to look for Ian in that area, because of the fires in Los Angeles, which may be true, but even in 2018, the Police had plenty of small drones with a 2 mile range, with HD cameras they could have used to fly over the area. Why didn't they?
Or worse, they didn't, because they already knew where his body was that night.

Last edited:
Ian Powers was an US Army veteran. He deserved a thorough investigation into his death, not a hasty dismissal , basically blaming him for his 'accidental death'. If he was the CEO of one of the big Silicon Valley companies, found face down in the mud in Alviso, you know nothing would have been spared to get to the bottom of this.
i totally agree. i hate when things are dismissed by LE when things seem hinky.

What about the toxicology tests?

I searched high and low for any evidence that the results of those tests had been released, and to this day, haven't found.
My guess is that if they found he had been drunk or on drugs, they would have announced that almost immediately, in order to further blame Ian for his own death. If the results found nothing - then it would point to a much weaker case that Ian had somehow been compelled to walk 2.5 miles to jump into the mud in Alviso.

I searched high and low for any evidence that the results of those tests had been released, and to this day, haven't found.
My guess is that if they found he had been drunk or on drugs, they would have announced that almost immediately, in order to further blame Ian for his own death. If the results found nothing - then it would point to a much weaker case that Ian had somehow been compelled to walk 2.5 miles to jump into the mud in Alviso.
It looks like for a fee of $5.75, you can purchase a copy of the toxicology report (I’m not sure if you have to be the legal next of kin, etc.): Fee Schedule - Medical Examiner-Coroner - County of Santa Clara

ETA: Actually, since it says “Autopsy/Toxicology Report,” it probably has both.

Thanks for link to he Toxi report. Sometimes, those reports are doctored to tell a specific outcome. Think JFK, and his dying of lead poisoning and the lost brain
It's called "forensics by press release."
Even before reading, i can tell you it's either negative or 'inconclusive' as to whether there were any chemicals impairing Ian's judgement that night. If there were, the police would have come out immediately with that, in order to strengthen their belief that he walked 2.5 miles from the parking lot to jump into the water in Alviso.
Ian was an Army veteran, and these days, most people in the Army that serve out their enlistment, are pretty level-headed people, who know how to exercise situational awareness. His family also seems to confirm he was a decent person, responsible, etc.
I believe that a one or more psychopaths, possibly even working for LE, or a govt agency and some criminal enterprise, e.g., cartels, are reading these words I type:
Ian was almost certainly 187'd, and at least one person in the San Jose PD very likely knows by whom , and why.
They will never tell us, and fervently hope we all just forget about Ian and move on.
5% of our population are psychopaths, and they gravitate towards positions of power, and have no conscience about their actions. Ian may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and possibly whoever caused his death, trailed him to Levi Stadium, in order to lure him away from his friends and family, into a parking lot at night, so they could abduct him without much attention. That parking lot has MANY surveillance cameras, the footage of which showing Ian in that parking lot, not made.public. I would start with the dark figure moving in tandem with Ian (on the other side of the glass median) as one of the suspects. Ian appears to have been not just targeted ahead of time, but also lured then tracked into the parking lot by at least one individual (the man on the other side of the glass median).
Since Ian served his country as a soldier of the United States Army, he has many brothers and they would know how to track down whomever did this to him. 2018 isn't a cold trail yet.
Sometimes, the worse people to ask to solve a crime are LE and our intel agencies. Take Seth Rich for example.

I was just thinking: At this point, since it is VERY unlikely any LE personnel or journalists are looking into the cause of Ian's death, anyone ordering copies online of his autopsy and Toxi Report will send an alarm to someone who is watching for that with great interest. This case on its surface smells dirty, and dangerous from the get-go. I wouldn't want to be the next guy found floating face down in the mud somewhere. Anyone with an IQ over 80 can see clearly, after going thru existing articles and videos, that Ian was 187'd and that it involves a conspiracy. Like a flashing red light - it's obvious.

Some people, sometimes many, post in threads such as these, to intentionally throw blame on the victim, and steer the discussion entirely away from the likely means/motives/opportunities behind it. I'm talking about so many people were assuming Ian was drunk, in fact so drunk that he somehow walked 2.5 miles and dove into the mud in Alviso in the middle of the night to take a piss. Ian's girlfriend, and the many photos taken when Ian was with her at the Stadium during the game show the slightest indication he was dunk, or on drugs. Not to mention the creeks were empty, the nearest river 5 miles away, itself almost dry, and that Ian had sent a video to his GF from the parking lot after he left the stadium. Tell me how anyone could be so stupid to walk 2.5 miles late at night in a place they are totally unfamiliar with ,just to take a leak? Those posters were misdirecting, even prior to Ian's body being found.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back