CA CA - Ilene Misheloff, 13, Dublin, 30 Jan 1989

Thinking about Ilene on this Christmas day! I live in Livermore just a few short miles from where she was taken, and I so wish her case was solved and she was returned home.

May God bless her family!

I hope you will find your way home, or help those looking for you find their way to you<3

The walk will take place on Jan. 30 at 7 p.m. starting at Wells Middle School in Dublin

• 2:00 pm From Bay City News:
    The family of a Dublin girl who disappeared nearly 24 years ago will mark the anniversary of her abduction with a candlelight walk and service next week.
    Ilene Misheloff was 13 years old when she disappeared on a solo walk home from school on Jan. 30, 1988. She had left Wells Middle School in Dublin early after being excused from physical education, and was last seen at the intersection of San Ramon Road and Amador Valley Boulevard.
    Ilene had brown hair and eyes and was 5 foot 3 inches tall and 115 pounds at the time of her disappearance. She was wearing a charcoal gray pullover polo sweater, a horizontally striped pink and charcoal gray skirt and black, low-top Keds sneakers, and carrying a dark blue backpack, according to her family.
    In the years since her disappearance, Misheloff's parents, Mike and Maddi, and her twin brother Brian, have held annual events to mark the anniversary.
    This year's candlelight walk will start at 7 p.m. at Wells Middle School at 6800 Penn Drive, and will mark the path taken by Ilene the day she disappeared, Mike said.
    It will end at St. Raymond Catholic Church at 11555 Shannon Ave. An ecumenical service is scheduled to start a little after 8 p.m., Mike said.
    The family still hopes that someone with information on Ilene's disappearance will come forward. more at link: http://dublin.patch.com/articles/annual-candlelight-walk-for-missing-ilene-misheloff

So sad...but I have all the hope in the world her disappearance is solved, I do not get the vibe that her case, along with many others from the "Bay Area" are meant to be forever in the books.

So sad...but I have all the hope in the world her disappearance is solved, I do not get the vibe that her case, along with many others from the "Bay Area" are meant to be forever in the books.

I so hope you are right...too, too many heartbreaking open cases up here.

I truly wish that this case and others in the bay area can be solved. Though we all have our opinions and suspects, the scary part is that maybe the person or persons that took Ilene, Michaela, and the others might still be out there. They could have been in jail for awhile and either be on the loose again, or about to be sprung.

I dont think anyone can rest easy until these children are brought home!

Bump.

It's strange how the Bay Area disappearances of young girls (Michaela, Amber, Ilene, etc) started and then stopped after a certain period of time. It makes me wonder if they're all connected in some way.

Herzog really does resemble Michaela's abductor, however.

We can only wait until the authorities finish searching the wells connected to the SFKs. Although I'm starting to think that Shermantine was maybe lying since nothing more has surfaced. (However, I wouldn't put it past them to have abducted and murdered children)

Leprikawn, it scares me that their abductor(s) could still be on the loose too.

Where are you, Ilene?

Bump.

It's strange how the Bay Area disappearances of young girls (Michaela, Amber, Ilene, etc) started and then stopped after a certain period of time. It makes me wonder if they're all connected in some way.

Herzog really does resemble Michaela's abductor, however.

We can only wait until the authorities finish searching the wells connected to the SFKs. Although I'm starting to think that Shermantine was maybe lying since nothing more has surfaced. (However, I wouldn't put it past them to have abducted and murdered children)

Leprikawn, it scares me that their abductor(s) could still be on the loose too.

Where are you, Ilene?

I have also always wondered why all those San Fran Bay disappearances happened in a cluster then just stopped. Why did they stop???
I have always believe Illene and Michaela's disappearance were separate perps and that Amber and Amanda's abductors may have been one and the same. Still, we can never cancel out that they were done by the same person until there's more evidence.
Are the LE still even searching those wells and other areas Shermantine described??

No they are not searching the wells. The Sheriff and the FBI played a well planned game.
They did what everyone wanted and took Shermantine to point out the places they dumped bodies, then they started digging in a completely different place.
When Shermantine and Padilla started screaming they were in the wrong spot, they kept on digging..........they found nothing......called Wesley a liar.........and packed up and called it a day.

So all of these parents with missing loved ones have to just sit and eat it that their loved ones will not be found.......even though they have a good idea where they are at.

Sucks

*Sigh* So disappointing. I was really hope they would keep digging for families like Gayle Marks'...it's almost certain she was a SFK victim.
But if it was of their loved ones or one of the "higher up people's" loved ones, they would keep digging.
We can only hope this decisions gets overturned some way, in the future.

No they are not searching the wells. The Sheriff and the FBI played a well planned game.
They did what everyone wanted and took Shermantine to point out the places they dumped bodies, then they started digging in a completely different place.
When Shermantine and Padilla started screaming they were in the wrong spot, they kept on digging..........they found nothing......called Wesley a liar.........and packed up and called it a day.

So all of these parents with missing loved ones have to just sit and eat it that their loved ones will not be found.......even though they have a good idea where they are at.

Sucks

:bump:

Wow... this is heartbreaking. Don't they care?

I must say, Wesley is a monster and an awful human being for doing what he did, but I do find him trustworthy. Everything he has said has been true, although I understand it's for his own selfish gain. They should quiz him on more missing peoples they consider his victims. Maybe they might consider doing the search properly if they realise who might be involved. Maybe the families should petition the police department too? Although I really don't think they should have to.

I agree with amber. My hope would have been to at least continue digging because there are many victims who have never been found, like Gayle Marks and there is no doubt in my mind Philip Martin is another victim of theirs, but what about closure for his family?

I don't really think Ilene was a victim of theirs, but it would be ideal for them to at least rule it out. There is a possibility that she was and they can solve it.

I also don't believe Illene was, and I question Michaela being their victim as well. I feel very confident in saying Gayle and Phillip were victims of there's. It makes me devastated their families won't get answers:s

It is really upsetting, especially because it seems like they weren't even digging in the spot Shermantine told them! Shermantine and Padilla are annoyed that the LE are ignoring it! Why aren't they listening to him? It sounds like they just couldn't be bothered, unfortunately. Especially since they mixed up the remains so carelessly.

These cases could be solved and families could have closure, yet the LE aren't doing anything.

Why wouldn't they want to end multiple 20+ year mysteries?

I can only hope someone with the authority will listen to Shermantine and dig in the places he said.

What happens if they find a child in there? That changes everything we knew about these monsters. It opens up the possibility of the SFK being responsible for kidnapping these young girls.

I hope that these cases of these missing girls in CA during this timeframe will be solved soon, similar to what is going on in Cleveland at the moment where cases seem to be getting closure. It's very weird how they happened so close to each other and stopped after a while, but I am not 100% sure they are all connected, or if they are I believe they were at least different perpetrators. Although there are a lot of similarities, such as being young girls, living in a similar area and being taken in broad daylight. Maybe there was some kind of pedophile ring at the time in that area? I really don't know.

If we can find one of these girls, we might be closer to finding out what happened to all of them if they are connected.

I also wonder the possibility if there is some kind of Ariel Castro dude operating in this part of California too, who has something to do with these girls.

It is really upsetting, especially because it seems like they weren't even digging in the spot Shermantine told them! Shermantine and Padilla are annoyed that the LE are ignoring it! Why aren't they listening to him? It sounds like they just couldn't be bothered, unfortunately. Especially since they mixed up the remains so carelessly.

These cases could be solved and families could have closure, yet the LE aren't doing anything.

Why wouldn't they want to end multiple 20+ year mysteries?

I can only hope someone with the authority will listen to Shermantine and dig in the places he said.

What happens if they find a child in there? That changes everything we knew about these monsters. It opens up the possibility of the SFK being responsible for kidnapping these young girls.

I hope that these cases of these missing girls in CA during this timeframe will be solved soon, similar to what is going on in Cleveland at the moment where cases seem to be getting closure. It's very weird how they happened so close to each other and stopped after a while, but I am not 100% sure they are all connected, or if they are I believe they were at least different perpetrators. Although there are a lot of similarities, such as being young girls, living in a similar area and being taken in broad daylight. Maybe there was some kind of pedophile ring at the time in that area? I really don't know.

If we can find one of these girls, we might be closer to finding out what happened to all of them if they are connected.

I also wonder the possibility if there is some kind of Ariel Castro dude operating in this part of California too, who has something to do with these girls.

Unfortunately, the possibilities are endless. I have always thought Amanda and Amber's cases were connected. After reading Stalemate, Timothy Bindner, I still wonder if it was him. I believe the man was a genius, and he outsmarted police. I think Illene was taken by Michaud and Devaggio, it just makes sense. As for Michaela, I am not sure. It could have been someone completely different, although Timothy Bindner did help search for Michaela, like he did Amber and Amanda. I think there was multiple child predators operating in the area. And we can't forget about Jaycee's case either, with Philip Garrido. So many of them:/

With the SFK being gawked out on speed, I would not put it past them to have killed a child. People do unimaginable things on substances like that. They killed an African American pregnant woman, who still remains unidentified as far as I know (any updates on that?).

I don't really believe Timothy Binder had anything to do with the disappearances. He just seems like a pedophile who likes to bother people. It's very obvious to me that he has severe mental health issues. I think there would be evidence of at least one of the girls in his van as he didn't do a very good job of keeping himself out of the spotlight. However, I think it's very possible he could know who took them and/or their whereabouts. He could be involved in "receiving the services" (Don't know what to say) of a pedophile ring and that could be where he has met these girls before and why he has a "connection".

I share your opinions beside that. I think Ilene was most probably a victim of Daveggio and Michaud which, while unfortunately we haven't found her, they are incarcerated on death row (or life imprisonment?) and not out there roaming the streets (as I feel the other girls abductors are). I didn't think Amanda and Amber were related to begin with, but with both of their scents being traced to Angela Burgay's grave, I believe that they are. With Michaela, I've always thought hers was separate from the other girls cases. I don't know about the SFK being responsible, but Herzog is the closest match I have seen to the composite.

There is another girl as well - Tara Cossey. She went missing in 1979 at the age of 12 when her mother sent her to the shops and she never returned. She did disappear 9 hears before the first girl went missing, but I feel like she is most likely connected to one of the girl who would disappeared 10 years later.

I wonder if the man who murdered Angela Burgay has been looked at as well.

As for the mixed race pregnant woman they found, I have not heard anything about her identity. The only woman I can think of is Toni Clarke but I'm not so sure it's her because I'm sure she's full African American and she was two months pregnant when she disappeared. I wonder if LE know who she is.

Thanks for keeping these cases alive! Ilene, my cousin, and these girls all need to come home so their families can have closure, at least for burial if they are no longer alive, and they need justice!!!

I don't really believe Timothy Binder had anything to do with the disappearances. He just seems like a pedophile who likes to bother people. It's very obvious to me that he has severe mental health issues. I think there would be evidence of at least one of the girls in his van as he didn't do a very good job of keeping himself out of the spotlight. However, I think it's very possible he could know who took them and/or their whereabouts. He could be involved in "receiving the services" (Don't know what to say) of a pedophile ring and that could be where he has met these girls before and why he has a "connection".

I share your opinions beside that. I think Ilene was most probably a victim of Daveggio and Michaud which, while unfortunately we haven't found her, they are incarcerated on death row (or life imprisonment?) and not out there roaming the streets (as I feel the other girls abductors are). I didn't think Amanda and Amber were related to begin with, but with both of their scents being traced to Angela Burgay's grave, I believe that they are. With Michaela, I've always thought hers was separate from the other girls cases. I don't know about the SFK being responsible, but Herzog is the closest match I have seen to the composite.

There is another girl as well - Tara Cossey. She went missing in 1979 at the age of 12 when her mother sent her to the shops and she never returned. She did disappear 9 hears before the first girl went missing, but I feel like she is most likely connected to one of the girl who would disappeared 10 years later.

I wonder if the man who murdered Angela Burgay has been looked at as well.

As for the mixed race pregnant woman they found, I have not heard anything about her identity. The only woman I can think of is Toni Clarke but I'm not so sure it's her because I'm sure she's full African American and she was two months pregnant when she disappeared. I wonder if LE know who she is.

Unfortunately, it's risky to rule out that he was involved or not involved because there is not enough information. Someone who has never even been on a police radar could have taken any of these girls for all we know. I do remember cadaver dogs tracing Amanda's scent to Bindner's creeper van (quoted from the book Stalemate), and that raises questions for me, especially with the girls' scents leading to Bugay's grave, which is a spot Bindner would frequent. I think he was a very smart man, and all pedophiles start somewhere before progressing their behavior towards more risky choices, like taking a young girl off the streets. Oh how I wish police could have ruled him out back in the '90s, but they were not able to, so his name still sits there on the list.
But I was not stating I was convinced it was him, I was stating we can't rule him out. We also have Michaud, DeVaggio, Philip Garrido, Curtis Anderson, SFK and countless other people operating in that area. With Amber's case being reopened (I still believe Anderson did not take Amber, there is not enough evidence to convince me), I am anxiously always checking for updates that will throw us one way or another.
Thanks to everyone who comments on here and keeping this case alive! Thank you Hoshizora, I always like reading different points of views because it really makes me think and see other possibilities!

You definitely can't rule Binder out. Too many coincidenses. Predicting the ages of the girls to be kidnapped next, being in Hayward the day Michaela was taken, the scents, his theories. Just too many things going on there.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Wells Middle School has dedicated their brand new library to Ilene with a pretty gold plaque in a case!! Her parents were there tonight, but I didn't get a chance to talk to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back