unknown
Clothing and accessories:
unknown
Transportation methods: unknown

Dental: Is available and will be entered later
DNA: Sample not available
Fingerprints: is not available

Circumstances
Ingrid was last seen on May 20, 1971 in Richmond, CA.

Charley Project
http://charleyproject.org/case/ingrid-angela-anderson

Anderson is almost certainly her married name. Ancestry has a marriage record (in Richmond Ca in 1965) of Ingrid Angela Routt to Steven H Anderson. There is also a divorce record from May 1971, the very month she disappeared. This introduces the interesting possibilities that either something bad happened connected to the divorce or that she simply decided to move on into a new life after the divorce. I think she had two children; Kenneth P Anderson, born 1966 and Christop S Anderson, born 1970. Both of these show as birth records in Ancestry, located in Contra Costa (where she divorced) and with mothers maiden name recorded as Routt. It would be interesting to know what happened to the children. Unfortunately there seems no other information available.

The Doe Network:

Case File 792DFCA

IAnderson.jpg

Ingrid Angela Anderson
Missing since May 20, 1971 from Richmond, Contra Costa County, California.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: January 7, 1944
Age at Time of Disappearance: 27 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 120 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Anderson was last seen on May 20, 1971 in Richmond, CA.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Richmond Police Department
510-620-6675

Agency Case Number: 06-82237
71-9344

NCIC Number:
M-613414426
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice

Ingrid's NamUs Profile was modified on 11/19/22
She currently has 7 rule outs (2 are the Christmas Tree lady who was identified)
UP8358
07/14/1972
Elko
NV

UP6279
12/18/1996
Fairfax
VA

UP11582
11/10/1980
Harrison
MS

UP11583
10/05/1980
Stone
MS

UP6279
12/18/1996
Fairfax
VA

UP6629
02/03/1991
Frederick
VA
UP8868
05/22/1971
Los Angeles
CA

There's an interesting article that was published in the Berkley Gazette about Ingrid in 1973.

Colby, Norman "Our Missing People: Ingrid Anderson", The Berkeley Gazette (Berkeley, CA), Jan 2, 1973, pg 1-2.

Ingrid Anderson (1) - Newspapers.com™

Ingrid Anderson (2) - Newspapers.com™

"Ingrid Anderson left [her] Richmond home that morning headed for a barber shop...it was the last time the 27 year old housewife has been seen or heard by her family"

"Her husband was Steve Anderson, a Richmond police officer until his resignation from the force several months ago." After Ingrid went missing he moved out of state with the kids and remarried.

Her nickname was Ronnie (or Roni), but she reportedly "was not satisfied with her real name, in high school, she sometimes went by the name Judy or other names"

"She spent hours enhancing her blue eyes and olive skin with the right makeup, and occasionally had her brown hair darkened, or else worse one of several wigs in her wardrobe." The article goes on to mention that she was obsessed with dieting to the point it was detrimental to her health.

"Ronnie [Ingrid] graduated from Richmond High in 1962 and became a student at Contra Costa College."

Her mother, who lived in Castro Valley, was the one to report her missing instead of her husband. Her kids were 1 and 4 when she went missing.

"investigators found no notes [to suggest where Ingrid had gone]."

"Her mother gave her a car in high school and she was never without wheels after that. She would not go around the block without the car. Ronnie's car was parked in front of her home when left. The car itself yielded no clues."

This was published by her mother in the San Francisco Examiner in 1986:

The San Francisco Examiner, Jan 7, 1986, pg 18. https://www.newspapers.com/article/the-san-francisco-examiner-ingrid-anders/133732608/

"To Ingrid Roni Routt,

When you left, I felt sadness, even strangers felt my grief. I cried and cried, until I didn't have any tears...I pray to go that we will be together again. Please remember me. I love you dearly. You have been a previous gift to me from God. Miss you terribly, MAMA. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING."

There's an interesting article that was published in the Berkley Gazette about Ingrid in 1973.

Colby, Norman "Our Missing People: Ingrid Anderson", The Berkeley Gazette (Berkeley, CA), Jan 2, 1973, pg 1-2.

Ingrid Anderson (1) - Newspapers.com™

Ingrid Anderson (2) - Newspapers.com™

"Ingrid Anderson left [her] Richmond home that morning headed for a barber shop...it was the last time the 27 year old housewife has been seen or heard by her family"

"Her husband was Steve Anderson, a Richmond police officer until his resignation from the force several months ago." After Ingrid went missing he moved out of state with the kids and remarried.

Her nickname was Ronnie (or Roni), but she reportedly "was not satisfied with her real name, in high school, she sometimes went by the name Judy or other names"

"She spent hours enhancing her blue eyes and olive skin with the right makeup, and occasionally had her brown hair darkened, or else worse one of several wigs in her wardrobe." The article goes on to mention that she was obsessed with dieting to the point it was detrimental to her health.

"Ronnie [Ingrid] graduated from Richmond High in 1962 and became a student at Contra Costa College."

Her mother, who lived in Castro Valley, was the one to report her missing instead of her husband. Her kids were 1 and 4 when she went missing.

"investigators found no notes [to suggest where Ingrid had gone]."

"Her mother gave her a car in high school and she was never without wheels after that. She would not go around the block without the car. Ronnie's car was parked in front of her home when left. The car itself yielded no clues."

This was published by her mother in the San Francisco Examiner in 1986:

The San Francisco Examiner, Jan 7, 1986, pg 18. https://www.newspapers.com/article/the-san-francisco-examiner-ingrid-anders/133732608/

"To Ingrid Roni Routt,

When you left, I felt sadness, even strangers felt my grief. I cried and cried, until I didn't have any tears...I pray to go that we will be together again. Please remember me. I love you dearly. You have been a previous gift to me from God. Miss you terribly, MAMA. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING."
Evident to anyone reading between the lines that he was involved in her disappearance and the corrupt agency was covering for a fellow officer. Sickening.

Evident to anyone reading between the lines that he was involved in her disappearance and the corrupt agency was covering for a fellow officer. Sickening.

That's what I was thinking when I was reading this - the richmond PD has been historically one of the most corrupt in the bay area and I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

I submitted the following two cases for exclusion.

I'm not sure how their case details would come together, and while Ingrid's eyes and eyebrows appear spaced further apart, and her nose looks differerent as well, I couldn't let go of their similar hairstyle. I suspect that they have DNA on file, and that it will be a quick exclusion. Note that the unidentified's "face is puffy and wrinkled slightly as a result of slight decomposition and embalming."

ingrid-anderson.jpg

Ingrid Angela Anderson (NamUs #MP42455)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Nipton, CA Unidentified (NamUs #UP2503)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back