CA - Isaak Gowhari for animal cruelty, Los Angeles, 2007

Speaking of animal laws...Get this folks, some wonderful human being dropped off a dog on our property about 2 months ago, we put an ad in the paper, drove around the neighborhood (we live in the woods literally) nobody claimed her, she was already house broken. We kept her & named her Lady. Anyways, long story short, my 3 year old son knows how to open doors and let her out the other day. Our wonderful neighbors HATE and I mean HATE dogs, so they called the police who in turn called animal control. GET THIS ONE...The "so-called" animal control officer told my husband if we voluntarily surrender our dog, NO citations will be given out, but if we keep our her, well that's another story. We are being blackmailed! I contacted the animal control in PA and they told me to get a lawyer. I am NOT giving up my dog and my son LOVES HER! She is a part of our family and just because the yo-yo's next door HATE dogs, doesn't mean we HAVE to change our lives to suit them. We are and have always been animal lovers. I think our neighbors poisoned our other dog last year. I called the vet and they said RAT Poison. By the time we contacted him, our dog already passed and it was quickly. I told my husband since our neighbors HATE DOGS...maybe they should move away and I mean far away. They are so miserable and I mean miserable. About 7 years ago, the dog was outside with my husband while he was cutting grass and I guess Jake stuck his paw in their yard, so the wonderful wife pulled out a gun and was going to shoot our dog! These people need serious help.

Anyone have any opinions about what to do with the animal control officer? I also found out from an animal advocate that for each dog she brings into the shelter she gets $250.00 and $20 for cats. I read an article on her about her bringing in 20 cats in one day...SO MISS WONDERFUL got $200 bucks! THIS IS SO NOT FAIR! :furious:

That is UNBELIEVABLE! I would fight for my dog too if I were you! I have absolutely no compassion for people who treat animals this way...it's absolutely ridiculous and I think THEY should all be put on an island together far, far away!

As for her getting money from them for bringing in animals? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? :doh: Animal shelters all over are having issues just feeding their animals and staying no-kill and there is a shelter that pays someone to bring them in? This is one of the craziest things I've heard.

I'll tell ya what....you can do whatever you want to me, to my house, to my car and to anything I own. BUT DO NOT DARE MESS WITH MY KIDS OR MY FAMILY and that does include my boys (Trapper and Pickles, my dogs)!

JMO

Your pups are beautiful Texasgirl....and Im with you...nobody hurts my family and my dog is classed as family.
I still say shoot the subhumans who hurt the vunerable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back