GUILTY CA - Israel Ledesma-Moreno for kidnap of 3yo boy, San Bernardino, 2009

Nancy Grace is covering this tonight and I don't think she understands what's going on in the states that border Mexico with the drug cartels kidnappings.
I have to agree with you Leila...I was yelling at my TV screen a few minutes ago.

Glad the attorney tried to set NG straight on the drug cartel kidnappings. This is more common that people want to admit. It's been said that there's a kidnapping per day by the Mexican drug cartels.

Being on the east coast, I don't think there is enough national attention, media, in regards to the problems spilling over from Mexico into the southeastern US.

im in here in the northwest....two states up from ca....i didnt know there was so much of mexico drug cartel kidnappings going on either.....

alos i didnt know there were so many differnt gangs either.....i knew there are gangs...just didnt think of them harming or taking little children....

im so glad that i joined w/s....i have been learing so much

i pray this little boy gets dropped off somewhere and is found safe

do we know how old the other children are in the family?

Kidnapping Capital of the U.S.A.

Washington Too Concerned With al Qaeda Terrorists to Care, Officials Say

By BRIAN ROSS, RICHARD ESPOSITO and ASA ESLOCKER
February 11, 2009

In what officials caution is now a dangerous and even deadly crime wave, Phoenix, Arizona has become the kidnapping capital of America, with more incidents than any other city in the world outside of Mexico City and over 370 cases last year alone. But local authorities say Washington, DC is too obsessed with al Qaeda terrorists to care about what is happening in their own backyard right now.

Wave of abductions hit Phoenix. Is Washington paying enough attention?

"We're in the eye of the storm," Phoenix Police Chief Andy Anderson told ABC News of the violent crimes and ruthless tactics spurred by Mexico's drug cartels that have expanded business across the border. "If it doesn't stop here, if we're not able to fix it here and get it turned around, it will go across the nation," he said.
California Attorney General Jerry Brown warned that as the U.S. government focuses so intently on Islamic extremist groups, other types of terrorists – those involved with the same kidnappings, extortion and drug cartels that are sweeping Phoenix – are overlooked.

WATCH: Phoenix: Kidnapping Capital of U.S.

"Those [criminals], for the average Californian or the average America, may be a more immediate threat to their well being," Brown said.
In fact, kidnappings and other crimes connected to the Mexican drug cartels are quickly spreading across the border, from Texas to California. The majority of the victims are either illegal aliens or connected to the drug trade.
An ABC News' investigation uncovered horrific cases of chopped-off hands, legs and heads when a victim's family doesn't pay up fast enough.
"They're ruthless, so now they're ripping each other off, but doing it in our city," Anderson said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=6848672

Much more at link............

Thank goodness, Nancy is having Briant's story on.

Hi Searchfortruth, I often get exasperated with Nancy, but today I think she did a simply stellar job covering Briant's case.

Together with Marc Klaas they pointed out 2 major points:

* Nancy said the 72 hour statistical window of time has not passed yet which means now is the time for everyone to concentrate on finding him.

* Marc said the posters should all be printed in Spanish, as he has only seen ones in English. He is a Latino boy and the guys who took him are as well, happening in a Latino community. Those are the eyes and ears that need to be kept open now to learn what they can about the crime.

Thanks to both Nancy and Marc. :blowkiss:

Is it just me or does anyone else found it odd that mom says the kidnappers were going to take him to Mexico and kill him?
Just seems an odd kind of statement.

The house is nice, but it doesn't look like they have tons of money.
When Cole P was taken, his family was involved in big drug money problems.

And on NG, it was said the father was at work when this happened and was in the backyard all day today, covering his eyes.
Why wouldn't the father be so angry and demanding his son back?
Why hasn't the father appeared on television?
And what kind of work does dad do?

I hope Briant is found safe and sound.

The mom had someone who translated for her for the reporters. Are there no Spanish speaking reporters? What is the biggest Hispanic newspaper or radio station and tv channel there? Get the news out.
I am hoping LE has Spanish speaking police.

Is it just me or does anyone else found it odd that mom says the kidnappers were going to take him to Mexico and kill him?
Just seems an odd kind of statement.

The house is nice, but it doesn't look like they have tons of money.
When Cole P was taken, his family was involved in big drug money problems.

And on NG, it was said the father was at work when this happened and was in the backyard all day today, covering his eyes.
Why wouldn't the father be so angry and demanding his son back?
Why hasn't the father appeared on television?
And what kind of work does dad do?

I hope Briant is found safe and sound.

I think he is impacted with grief. The Mexican people I have known are very much family people. His only son has been ripped away and even if he doesn't know why his boy was taken, he knows what these gangsta's are like and probably fears the worst.

It looks grim to me at this point and I would love to be upbeat. What scares me is I have also known some guys like this in my life and they all seem to have anger management problems and do allot of drinking {the gangsta's I mean}.

If they tied up everyone else in the family and singled out this little guy, there had to be a reason IMO. The Papa probably knows what happens to children taken like this, and the thought of losing his precious son is just beyond comprehension to him. xox

i havent found any more info on the other children...and their ages....was there anyone else that lived in the home besides the parents?

Hi Searchfortruth, I often get exasperated with Nancy, but today I think she did a simply stellar job covering Briant's case.

Together with Marc Klaas they pointed out 2 major points:

* Nancy said the 72 hour statistical window of time has not passed yet which means now is the time for everyone to concentrate on finding him.

* Marc said the posters should all be printed in Spanish, as he has only seen ones in English. He is a Latino boy and the guys who took him are as well, happening in a Latino community. Those are the eyes and ears that need to be kept open now to learn what they can about the crime.

Thanks to both Nancy and Marc. :blowkiss:
Yes she did do a fine job, I did get a little frustrated that she was ruling out a possible factor in the kidnapping...but, it is about getting Briant home, the why's can be answered later. I thought Marc did a fabulous job of bringing it back to the important points. I was so glad she covered the story right off the bat !

i havent found any more info on the other children...and their ages....was there anyone else that lived in the home besides the parents?
I tried to find that information and came up with nothing. The only thing, that I found is that there were four other children in the home.

I have no ages on the other children, but according to reports they were home when the abduction occured, along with the mother. The father was at work. This happened on a Sunday (in broad day light), these people had to know the family's schuedule, when the father worked, as Sunday is not a regular work day for most people.

The mom had someone who translated for her for the reporters. Are there no Spanish speaking reporters? What is the biggest Hispanic newspaper or radio station and tv channel there? Get the news out.
I am hoping LE has Spanish speaking police.

Yes Dreamweaver, Marc Klaas said that too, and you make an excellent point. I know in Portland the Spanish speaking people have a well developed network of newspapers, publications and even radio stations. I bet they do as well in the San Bernadino area. I think that is how they are going to find out where this beautiful little boy has been taken.

The other thought I have is it is hard to imagine these 2 perps coming into an area and only committing one crime. I wonder if there are other burglaries similar to this committed by 2 young guys, one wearing a white bandana? Any foiled abduction attempts?

I wish I was Mexican right now so I could go on some Spanish speaking comment sections to see what they are saying. Those posters will also have a good idea about what usually happens in cases like this.

No ransom asked nor history of drug involvement by the family makes this so unusual to me for what has happened.

Sorry I got so long winded. Thinking as I type :rolleyes: xox

I have no ages on the other children, but according to reports they were home when the abduction occured, along with the mother. The father was at work. This happened on a Sunday (in broad day light), these people had to know the family's schuedule, when the father worked, as Sunday is not a regular work day for most people.

Hi again Searchfortruth,

There is a little hero here in Briant's older 8 yr old brother. He was able to wiggle out of his constraints and ran immediately to get help! I heard that on HLN.

Yes Dreamweaver, Marc Klaas said that too, and you make an excellent point. I know in Portland the Spanish speaking people have a well developed network of newspapers, publications and even radio stations. I bet they do as well in the San Bernadino area. I think that is how they are going to find out where this beautiful little boy has been taken.

The other thought I have is it is hard to imagine these 2 perps coming into an area and only committing one crime. I wonder if there are other burglaries similar to this committed by 2 young guys, one wearing a white bandana? Any foiled abduction attempts?

I wish I was Mexican right now so I could go on some Spanish speaking comment sections to see what they are saying. Those posters will also have a good idea about what usually happens in cases like this.

No ransom asked nor history of drug involvement by the family makes this so unusual to me for what has happened.

Sorry I got so long winded. Thinking as I type :rolleyes: xox
-----------------------------------------------------------

I live in Southern Oregon and there is a well developed network in the Hispanic community. No actual newspaper that I know of, but very strong community.
Three years of Spanish in school and I can read it, but cannot speak it.

I will check online for the CA Hispanic press outlets.

i found this

One of the children — an 8-year-old boy — wiggled free from his ties and freed the rest of the family, sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Beavers said. Briant is the youngest sibling and the others range in age to 16. No witnesses saw the men's vehicle.

if anyone finds out the last name of the other four children please post it....im trying to find some kind of myspace for the older children....but they have a differnt father...so i assume a differnt last name

Briant_Rodriguez_20090304_2.jpg

does his shirt look like any kind of club....like from church or anything?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back