CA - Jamari Mendez, 1 yo boy, dies after alleged abuse by parents, Barstow, 27 April 2022 *Arrests*

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
Heartbreaking! I pray they never see the light of day.

Barstow baby who died of alleged abuse had burns all over body, police say

A baby boy from Barstow who died after alleged abuse by his parents had burn marks all over his body that were consistent with a torch lighter found in the family vehicle, police said Wednesday.

The burn marks were described as being "of different sizes and shapes" and "located all over the child's body," Barstow police said.

Heartbreaking! I pray they never see the light of day.

Barstow baby who died of alleged abuse had burns all over body, police say

A baby boy from Barstow who died after alleged abuse by his parents had burn marks all over his body that were consistent with a torch lighter found in the family vehicle, police said Wednesday.
The burn marks were described as being "of different sizes and shapes" and "located all over the child's body," Barstow police said.
Notifying a mod to see if we can have little Jamari's name added to the title. I had searched to see if there was a thread for this sweet little angel but couldn't find it.
His name is Jamari. I've heard on our local TV news that his name is Jamari Mendez but I've yet to be able to find it in a MSM link. But even "Jamari" would be a nice addition to the title. That can easily be found in MSM.

Notifying a mod to see if we can have little Jamari's name added to the title. I had searched to see if there was a thread for this sweet little angel but couldn't find it.
His name is Jamari. I've heard on our local TV news that his name is Jamari Mendez but I've yet to be able to find it in a MSM link. But even "Jamari" would be a nice addition to the title. That can easily be found in MSM.
Thanks for adding Jamari's name to the title @Sillybilly

Aunt of Barstow boy, 1, recounts rush to hospital after parents allegedly brought his body to home
We now have a MSM article with little Jamari's last name. It's Mendez.
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- The family of 1-year-old Jamari Mendez still do not know how he died, only that his parents were allegedly involved.

"Everybody is devastated," said Leslie Mendez, Jamari's aunt. "We didn't expect our own blood to do this to his own son."

Leslie's brother, Ricardo Mendez, 27, and his girlfriend Antanita Miller, 24, are accused of murdering the toddler.

Mendez and Miller arrived with their two other children unexpectedly at a family home around 7 p.m. Monday. They said their youngest was with Miller's mother.

Unbeknownst to the family inside the house, Jamari was still in the couple's car under a blanket.

"They both walked inside like nothing happened," Leslie said.

There is video at this link of little Jamari. He's unbelievably precious. What kind of monsters do this to a child!?

The parents are scheduled to appear in court May 5 for their arraignment on murder, assault on a child causing death and torture. @Niner Just tagging you in case you'd like to follow this very sad case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple burned baby son with lighter before killing him: cops
jamari-mendez2.jpg

jamari-mendez.jpg

The day before their arrests, Leslie said her brother Ricardo and Miller unexpectedly showed up at a family home in Pomona, Calif., with their other two children. They said Jamari was with Miller's mother.
https://people.com/crime/parents-allegedly-killed-california-boy-left-body-car/

Haven't seen the ages of Jamari's siblings mentioned yet. I will be curious to know if they showed signs of abuse or if all the hate was reserved for little Jamari. What an adorable little one, RIP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009
Back