CA - Janet Mejia, 28, Sacramento, 11 April 2017 *Arrest*

Family, friends search for missing Sacramento County woman

Janet Mejia was last seen Tuesday morning, leaving her home in the 7200 block of Pepperwood Knoll Lane. Her roommate reported her missing when she didn't come home.

“She was supposed to go to a doctor's appointment in Stockton, which she never showed up for,” Sacramento County Sheriff's Sgt. Tony Turnbull said. “They were unable to get in contact with her through her cellphone -- and this is very out of the ordinary for her.”

http://www.kcra.com/article/family-friends-search-for-missing-sacramento-county-woman/9274309

Did she have a control freak ex? I'm getting those vibes, and not good ones. : (
New here so hope I'm responding correctly. Her facebook has a romantic bouquet of flowers from 2013 which appear to be from her boyfriend. Facebook now shows him with another woman with a newborn looking happy. That's the only boyfriend mentioned on FB and it looks like he's happily moved on.

New here so hope I'm responding correctly. Her facebook has a romantic bouquet of flowers from 2013 which appear to be from her boyfriend. Facebook now shows him with another woman with a newborn looking happy. That's the only boyfriend mentioned on FB and it looks like he's happily moved on.

:welcome:

Well glad to hear that. A possessive ex is always a good place to look; glad that's not the case here.
I will be eager to hear what her best friend says about anyone she was excited to meet, or any lurkers she was worried about.
The best friend generally is the best source of leads in these type of inexplicable dissapearances.

i saw it noted she was in the process of moving back to Stockton... i have a story of something that happened to me when i moved to san jose.

i was looking for an apartment on CL. i looked at several. one of them, the owner gave me the freakin creeps. he was blank faced the whole time and followed me around. i told him that i liked the place, and i would be excited to tell my mom about it as she was waiting for me. then i beat feet. the guy called me several times after that, i answered once and said i found another place and he kept calling after that.

i think he was up to no good. and it made me wonder if Janet stopped to take a quick look at an apartment in Stockton before her appt?

I wonder what her Dr. Appt. was for?

I wonder what her Dr. Appt. was for?

You are triggering on something I did too. Was she pregnant, and someone wasn't happy about it? Wouldn't be the first time we have heard of this.

You are triggering on something I did too. Was she pregnant, and someone wasn't happy about it? Wouldn't be the first time we have heard of this.

Just a thought and you're correct ... time after time.

I know Janet, and I am trying to piece together what happened to her as well.

Addressing some of the things I've seen here in the thread that I do know, is no, she is not pregnant, and she doesn't have any possessive jealous ex. It is possible there is someone she had been talking to online, but I doubt she was serious enough with anyone that would have abducted her.

As far as her moving, she had told me that she was moving back in with her parents sometime either this month, or may. This is because her roommates are moving out. I don't remember exactly why/where, to the best of my memory they may be getting ready to buy a house or something. Her roommates are a couple she met from Sac state.

I was just about to jump in with thoughts as I just came across this case when I now see the above post. Gunshot ??? Someone in Custody, already??? Glad they have a suspect but I am still wondering what the heck happened and what was going on in her life !!!

RIP Janet <3

This is so sad!!! &#9785;&#65039; I wonder if this was "payback" for something. This is just so horrible!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Janet, and I am trying to piece together what happened to her as well.

Addressing some of the things I've seen here in the thread that I do know, is no, she is not pregnant, and she doesn't have any possessive jealous ex. It is possible there is someone she had been talking to online, but I doubt she was serious enough with anyone that would have abducted her.

As far as her moving, she had told me that she was moving back in with her parents sometime either this month, or may. This is because her roommates are moving out. I don't remember exactly why/where, to the best of my memory they may be getting ready to buy a house or something. Her roommates are a couple she met from Sac state.

lsyss_song, I'm so sorry that the news has just come out about your acquaintance right after you posted. I do hope they have the right person in custody for what small comfort that might be.

Rest in peace Janet.
:rose: :rose: :rose:

Such a beautiful lady. I'm glad for a quick resolution though. IMO

So, I read an earlier link saying he was moving back to Stockton because her room mates, a couple, were moving elsewhere... and that she was reported missing by room mate... and that a POI is in custody on other charges and is a room mate, but not the one who reported her missing

So, I read an earlier link saying he was moving back to Stockton because her room mates, a couple, were moving elsewhere... and that she was reported missing by room mate... and that a POI is in custody on other charges and is a room mate, but not the one who reported her missing

"On Thursday night, investigators found an unidentified female body in Placer County just off the roadway around Watt Avenue and Dyer Lane. The body was later identified as Mejia.

A preliminary autopsy says she suffered a gunshot wound.

Sacramento County Sheriffs Department spokesman Tony Turnbull says Mejia wasn&#8217;t kidnapped, but her abandoned car was a sign she unwillingly went with someone else.

Investigators say they don&#8217;t believe it was a random murder, and a person of interest is in custody on unrelated charges. CBS13 has confirmed the person is a roommate of Mejia, but is not the one who reported her missing."

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/04/14/missing-woman-janet-mejia-found-dead/

So it was the male end of the couple, it sounds like

So it was the male end of the couple, it sounds like

OH NO. That is what I was wondering when I read upthread that she was living with a couple.

My daughter had a very bad experience once, when she tried sharing an apartment with a couple, when she was 19. . The male kept being creepy and hitting on her, and it was very awkward. She ended up moving out before her lease was up, and it was a mess. But it was good that she left although we ended up paying the couple some of the money she owed because he was denying it and calling her a liar, and it wasn't worth it to try and fight with them, and I didn't want her to have bad credit for breaking the lease. But it was a bit of a nightmare. :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81
Back