GUILTY CA - Jason Allen, 26, & Lindsay Cutshall, 22, slain, Jenner Beach, 15 Aug 2004 *Arrest*

Looks like this guy had a hearing last Thursday, 5/30.

Evidence against lone suspect in Jenner beach killings to be revealed

A Sonoma County judge Thursday ordered the case against a Forestville man accused of killing his brother in 2017 and a Midwestern couple camping on a Jenner beach in 2004 to move forward despite a request from his attorney for more time to prepare a defense.
[.....]
More than two years have passed since Gallon, 40, was arrested on suspicion of killing his younger brother — a pivotal moment that would revive the investigation into Cutshall’s and Allen’s deaths when Gallon wrote a note to investigators saying he would talk with them about the Jenner beach case.
[.....]
[Judge]LaForge expressed frustration at the defense’s last-minute request to delay the June preliminary hearing, a proceeding when the prosecution presents its core evidence and the judge determines if it is sufficient to hold a trial. The hearing has been delayed repeatedly since it was originally scheduled to take place last September.

Chief Deputy Public Defender Jeff Mitchell had filed a motion Thursday morning stating he needed more time in a case spanning more than a decade and an investigation that generated more than 53,000 pages of investigative records and 341 hours of video evidence.

“I deny the request for a continuance. The preliminary hearing will begin June 14. We will go every day until we finish,” LaForge said.

Chief Deputy District Attorney Spencer Brady said the preliminary hearing is expected to take four days and involve at least 20 witnesses.
[.....]
Sheriff’s officials said detectives interviewed Gallon early on in the investigation into the killings of Cutshall and Allen, but he was never detained as a suspect.

But in 2017, when Freitas named Gallon as the lone suspect in the Jenner killings, he said Gallon had told detectives something about the Jenner case that “no other person could have known.”

So @Jerrod - is the 6/6 hearing still on the court site? The article just mentions the 6/14 hearing. Just want to keep my notes straight!

TIA! :)

So @Jerrod - is the 6/6 hearing still on the court site? The article just mentions the 6/14 hearing. Just want to keep my notes straight! TIA! :)

@Niner - No, the 6/6/19 Readiness Conference is what was moved up to the 5/30/19 date you mentioned. The Preliminary Hearing is still scheduled for 6/14/19.

97x32px-LL-40ad66f8_thanx.gif
Jerrod!

Friday, June 14th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ am PT) - CA - Jason S. Allen (26) & his fiancé Lindsey Cutshall (22) (Aug. 15, 2004, Jenner Beach) - *Shaun Michael Gallon (39/25 @ time of crime) charged (5/14/18) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty (6/19/18). Held w/o bail.
LE say he confessed enough to tie him to these murders.
and victim: Shamus Michael Gallon (26) (his bro) (Mar. 24, 2017) - charged (11/3/17) with 1st degree murder, also being a felon in possession of firearm & possession of an assault weapon. Plead not guilty.
Also charged with attempted murder in June of 2004 in a package bombing in Guerneville. Plead not guilty.
Sonoma County District Attorney's say they intend to try all three murder charges and the attempted murder charges together.
6/19/18 Update: Plead not guilty to all charges. A preliminary hearing in the case for Dec. 7, a hearing for the prosecution to provide the foundational evidence and witness testimony in the case so the judge can determine whether there is enough evidence against Gallon for a trial. Brady said he estimated the preliminary hearing could take three days.
12/17/18: Hearing was vacated. 1/26/19: Readiness Conference is currently scheduled for June 6, 2019. June 6 hearing was moved up to 5/30. Preliminary Hearing is currently scheduled for June 14, 2019.

Suspect in 2004 Jenner beach murders pleads no contest, to spend life in prison

Shaun Michael Gallon, a Forestville man and ex-felon jailed nearly two years ago in the slaying of his brother, admitted in a Sonoma County courtroom Thursday to the 2004 murders of a young Midwestern couple camped on a Jenner beach, along with other violent crimes, bringing an abrupt end to the county’s most unsettling cold case in a generation.
[.....]
On Thursday, Gallon gave his first public admission to the killings in an agreement with prosecutors in which he also confessed to killing his younger brother, Shamus Gallon, 36, in 2017 at the family’s Forestville home.
[.....]
The Sonoma County District Attorney’s Office agreed to not seek the death penalty, and Gallon agreed to punishment totaling seven consecutive life terms plus an additional 18 years and eight months for using firearms and a prior felony conviction for a bow-and-arrow attack.

Sonoma County Judge Robert LaForge approved the no-contest deal Thursday, one day before prosecutors were to begin presenting evidence against Gallon in a preliminary hearing. Victims and family of victims spread across the country had been prepared to get onto airplanes to be present. Now, there will be no trial.
[.....]
Gallon also admitted to trying to kill former Monte Rio resident John Robles in 2004 by placing a package bomb on the man’s parked car outside his home —.....
[.....]
They will have the chance to face Gallon July 15 when he is sentenced by LaForge.

Monday, July 15th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ am PT) - CA - Jason S. Allen (26) & his fiancé Lindsey Cutshall (22) (Aug. 15, 2004, Jenner Beach) - *Shaun Michael Gallon (39/25 @ time of crime) charged (5/14/18) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty (6/19/18). Held without bond.
LE say he confessed enough to tie him to these murders.
and victim: Shamus Michael Gallon (26) (his bro) (Mar. 24, 2017) - charged (11/3/17) with 1st degree murder, also being a felon in possession of firearm & possession of an assault weapon. Plead not guilty.
Also charged with attempted murder in June of 2004 in a package bombing in Guerneville. Plead not guilty.
Sonoma County District Attorney's say they intend to try all three murder charges and the attempted murder charges together.
6/19/18 Update: Plead not guilty to all charges. A preliminary hearing in the case for Dec. 7, a hearing for the prosecution to provide the foundational evidence and witness testimony in the case so the judge can determine whether there is enough evidence against Gallon for a trial. Brady said he estimated the preliminary hearing could take three days.
12/17/18: Update: Hearing was vacated. 1/26/19: Readiness Conference is currently scheduled for June 6, 2019. June 6 hearing was moved up to 5/30. Preliminary Hearing is currently scheduled for June 14, 2019.
6/14/19 Update: Gallon pleads no contest to killing Allen & Cutshall, also his brother Shamus & planting bomb. Agreed to a plea deal of 7 consecutive life terms plus an additional 18 years & 8 months for using a firearm. Sentencing scheduled on 7/15.

Defendant in Jenner Beach Murders Gets Life Without Parole

Shaun Gallon, the Forestville man who pleaded no contest to killing an engaged couple from the Midwest on a Sonoma County beach 15 years ago and his brother in 2017, was sentenced Monday in Sonoma County Superior Court to three consecutive life prison terms without parole.
[.....]
In addition to three consecutive life terms in prison without parole, LaForge sentenced Gallon to 94 years in prison for weapons and other enhancements.

US serial killer confesses to murder of young Christian couple 15 year later (with clip)

Jul 18 2019

"The young couple were found on a secluded sliver of shoreline north of Jenner, California, USA, zipped into sleeping bags that they had rolled out on the gray sand.

Each had been killed by a single shot, fired at close range.

Their Bible lay close by, just out of reach of the Pacific Ocean's pounding surf....

Lindsay Cutshall, 22, and her fiance, Jason Allen, 26, had no ties to the area, and authorities were hard-pressed to come up with reasons anyone might want to kill them....

Police quickly ruled out the idea that their deaths could have been a murder-suicide, and there was no evidence that either of the pair had been robbed or sexually assaulted.

Until Monday (Tuesday New Zealand time), when the couple's killer, Shaun Michael Gallon, was sentenced to three consecutive life sentences in prison without the possibility of parole, the motive for the double murder remained a mystery...."

US serial killer confesses to murder of young Christian couple 15 year later

allencutshall.jpg

Possible other assault by Shaun Michael Gallon?
Hi websleuths,
This is my first time posting please feel free to give me tips or insights to the forum if there is a better place to post this information.

So here I go...asking for some websluething help? Here is the story. I live in NorCal and I was out with a good friend kayaking yesterday in the Guernville area. My friend and his husband lived in the area in the mid-2000's. My friend shared with me a mysterious "accident" he had on April 14th 2008. My friend was waiting for his husband to come home from work and decided to take a short neighborhood jog. He doesn't remember much of the evening as his next memory is waking up in the hospital with a severe head injury. His injury was so bad he required a metal plate. Obviously, he was very shaken by this incident and asked for help on facebook at the time to identify if anyone saw anything?

He got two replies...one neighbor said they heard a disturbance around their garbage containers that they had put out for night for the following days pick up and saw my friend bloody and struggling to stand using the containers to help him hold up his weight. Another neighbor replied that they found a blood tree stump on the street. My friend, to this day, believed it was a freak accident. Maybe the tree branch had fallen and he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time? At any rate, the whole incident was life altering and has stuck with him for years.

However, after hearing this story, I raised the issue that he may be have been attacked? After all, they are a gay married couple living in rural NorCal. And I had remembered reading all the bizarre stories about Shaun Michael Gallon in the news recently. His past for randomly attacking people in the area and of coarse the murder he committed in Jenner "out of spite."

My friend and I now can't shake the idea that he may have been attacked. I'm wondering websluething community, what might we do to explore this further? I've looked up to see if I could get addresses for Gallon of his residences in the area. Maybe if he was streets away from my friend, that might give more proof positive that he could've been a victim of Gallon's.

I know this is a big shot in the dark, but I thought I'd at least put it out into the ethos to see what we might find. Thanks for reading and any feedback or thoughts you may have.

Possible other assault by Shaun Michael Gallon?
Hi websleuths,
This is my first time posting please feel free to give me tips or insights to the forum if there is a better place to post this information.

So here I go...asking for some websluething help? Here is the story. I live in NorCal and I was out with a good friend kayaking yesterday in the Guernville area. My friend and his husband lived in the area in the mid-2000's. My friend shared with me a mysterious "accident" he had on April 14th 2008. My friend was waiting for his husband to come home from work and decided to take a short neighborhood jog. He doesn't remember much of the evening as his next memory is waking up in the hospital with a severe head injury. His injury was so bad he required a metal plate. Obviously, he was very shaken by this incident and asked for help on facebook at the time to identify if anyone saw anything?

He got two replies...one neighbor said they heard a disturbance around their garbage containers that they had put out for night for the following days pick up and saw my friend bloody and struggling to stand using the containers to help him hold up his weight. Another neighbor replied that they found a blood tree stump on the street. My friend, to this day, believed it was a freak accident. Maybe the tree branch had fallen and he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time? At any rate, the whole incident was life altering and has stuck with him for years.

However, after hearing this story, I raised the issue that he may be have been attacked? After all, they are a gay married couple living in rural NorCal. And I had remembered reading all the bizarre stories about Shaun Michael Gallon in the news recently. His past for randomly attacking people in the area and of coarse the murder he committed in Jenner "out of spite."

My friend and I now can't shake the idea that he may have been attacked. I'm wondering websluething community, what might we do to explore this further? I've looked up to see if I could get addresses for Gallon of his residences in the area. Maybe if he was streets away from my friend, that might give more proof positive that he could've been a victim of Gallon's.

I know this is a big shot in the dark, but I thought I'd at least put it out into the ethos to see what we might find. Thanks for reading and any feedback or thoughts you may have.

I lived many years in the area and was there after Gallon shot the arrow at a guy. By the time I got there, the street was blocked and a swat team was surrounding the house where the arrow was believed to be from. They thought Gallon was in the house but he had left. The arrow was lodged in the roof of the car of a gay man, it didn’t hurt him but was close enough that he was pretty freaked out when I spoke with him. I don’t know where your friend lives, but in this incident, the victim was parked by the Triple R, (a gay establishment with drag shows and such that’s been there for years), on the street that runs by the post office.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey
Back