CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted a link to my blog entry about Garrido earlier - he was arrested in November, 1976 and convicted of kidnapping, rape etc. in Feb., 1977. My sources were pdfs of the actual newspapers articles published back then about the crime. That doesn't mean he didn't do something in 1971. I'd wager he was a lifelong sexual predator, and we're about to find out about a very long, terrible trail of broken lives left in his wake.
Clearly a psychopath!

By Michael B. Farrell | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor from the August 27, 2009 edition
Ms. Dugard turned up Wednesday when her accused abductor, Phillip Garrido, reported to a parole office in Concord, Calif. Mr. Garrido is on parole for a 1971 rape and kidnapping conviction in Nevada.
Garrido was brought in for questioning after being confronted by campus police at the University of California in Berkeley. He was handing out religious literature. Campus police did a background check and realized he was a convicted sex offender.
Apparently because he was accompanied by two young children and acting strangely, according to police, campus authorities reported him to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation parole division.
Police said they don't know why Garrido brought Dugan, two other children, and his wife, Nancy, to the parole office.
It was there that police realized that girl who Garrido called "Allissa" was actually the missing Dugan.
Police have also said that the two young girls are Garrido's and Dugan's children. The Garridos were arrested and are expected to be officially charged on Friday for the 1991 kidnapping.
Dugan, now 29, and her family are in the process of reuniting. more at link: http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0828/p02s04-ussc.html

I'm a Berkeley graduate! Saying there are a few religious nuts at Sather Gate & upper Sproul is like saying the ocean contains a few gallons of water.

hahahah you can totally say that again! After thinking about this more...there is limited parking around the campus unless you have a parking pass for the garages. As I went out to move my car yesterday and I was walking back on Gayley Avenue there was a gentleman at the top of the staircase, right on the opposite side of the street from the Greek Theatre in front of Stanley Hall that was handing out fliers. I just thought it was weird because most of the religious weirdos/zealots hang out down in Sproul or down by Sather Gate. I actually walked past him twice and now I'm starting to think back if this could have been him.

Thank god for the UC Berkeley police woman that let her instincts take over and check this guy out! I'm gonna go hug my little one now and be thankful that tonight a family can start to heal.

His blog is getting tons of comments http://voicesrevealed.blogspot.com/ too bad he'll never get the chance to read them.
I say kill him now, right now! No trial, not another day of tax payer money supporting or feeding him. Shoot the evil monster in the head and send him straight to hell.
Just do it already!

Poor Jaycee and her poor children I can't even imagine. My heart breaks for her parents that their precious granddaughters are the spon of this evil, evil, demon.
Nope! He's just a sperm source. Slam an iron door down on any further thoughts of their paternity. They are wonderful, fabulous little girls to have survived this and society welcomes them with open arms. They don't need to delve into paternity any more than that.

Would someone chime in that looked at that yard on Google Earth. Am I looking at it correctly seeing far to the back of yard what looks like an empty pool and a trampoline?

I saw the trampoline and the pool and wondered if the girls ever had use of them.

Did you go into the street front views (click on camera icons)? You will see their van pulling out of the driveway and follow the Google camera.

There seems to be some confusion regarding his prior convictions, but some reports have said he spent time in Leavenworth. Does anyone know when that was and why Leavenworth? I do feel there will be more victims of these freaks.

I can't imagine. This is going to take an army of professionals of every kind to help her and her children. This tragedy is on the level of a personal holocaust for Jaycee and her children. I just don't have any idea where the money is going to come from to get them the help they need. The loving arms of her family is a good first step and essential foundation, but it is going to take a lot more than that to reverse the damages done here to generations of this family. They need so much exceptional quality professional help.

There's no possibility that Jaycee's parents insurance will cover this.

Maybe Oprah, a vicitm of child abuse will step forward..I sure hope someone does, someone with big bucks and the best resources

Themis
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by drip~drop
am i clear on this?

jaycee and her children were on the property for all those years that parole was doing home visits on him?

Apparently that is what happened. It does get hot in the summer and cold in the winter in that area. An 11 year old girl alone out there is a frozen picture of terror. Babies out there. Newborns. Pregnancy, labor, delivery, minutes old newborns. No medical care. No drugs. A child pregnant with a child. A child nursing newborns and all alone. Oh how horrifically awful. If no birth control, why only 2 in 18 years? The news said "several" children. Were the rest boys who didn't or weren't allowed to survive? Was he on GPS monitoring? Is that why he kidnapped and allowed girl babies to survive -- to replenish his access to victims? Somebody needs to remind the over worked parole offices that this kind of thing is the result of their "random" and "spot" monitoring methods. Not good enough!

NOT EVEN CLOSE ENOUGH! Outrageous, infact. this was a dangerous criminal.:mad:

I've been wondering the same thing. The sheriff said "several" which usually means more than two. Were there other babies that were not allowed to survive? But then, a 14-year old not receiving prenatal care and giving birth without medical attention, the physical strain on her young body may have made future pregnancies harder to carry to term.

Will this be like the Fritzl case where murder is added to the list of heinous charges?

Aug 27, 2009 5:08 pm US/Pacific
As the details about Jaycee Lee Dugard's time in captivity emerged, those who knew her alleged captor Phillip Garrido were surpised about his virtual enslavement of the now 29-year-old woman.
Deepal Karunaratne, an Antioch real estate agent, said he worked with Phillip Garrido for a decade. He said Garrido printed business cards and signs for his business.

Karunaratne said he also frequently worked directly with a woman who called herself "Alyssa" and claimed to be Garrido's daughter. It turns out that "Alyssa" was actually Dugard, authorities said.
When shown a photo of Dugard at age 11 when she was abducted, Karunaratne reacted by saying: "That's her." "I mean she's changed now. But I know the smile, the featrures, the eyes," he explained.

"Everytime I talked to her she seemed to be very happy and smiling all the time," Karunaratne said, noting that Lake Tahoe is only a few hours drive away. "If she was kidnapped, I was wondering, why doesn't she get on a bus and go there?" Karunaratne shook his head and acknowledged the possibility that she had been brainwashed.

Karunaratne claimed "Alyssa" did the design work for Garrido's small printing company. He said he was often over at the Garrido house and interacted with Garrido's wife Nancy as well as the other kids. He said he always thought it was a bit strange that "Alyssa" never called Garrido "Dad." more at link:
http://cbs5.com/local/Phillip.Garrido.arrest.2.1148378.html

I saw the trampoline and the pool and wondered if the girls ever had use of them.

Did you go into the street front views (click on camera icons)? You will see their van pulling out of the driveway and follow the Google camera.
I don't know where to click for the camera icon.

There seems to be some confusion regarding his prior convictions, but some reports have said he spent time in Leavenworth. Does anyone know when that was and why Leavenworth? I do feel there will be more victims of these freaks.

1977 he kidnapped and raped a 26 yrold i believe in 1976. was given 50 years but was paroled not sure what year. Went back in for parole violation april 1993 and released august 1993.

I've been wondering the same thing. The sheriff said "several" which usually means more than two. Were there other babies that were not allowed to survive? But then, a 14-year old not receiving prenatal care and giving birth without medical attention, the physical strain on her young body may have made future pregnancies harder to carry to term.

Will this be like the Fritzl case where murder is added to the list of heinous charges?

I hate to say it, but I hope this will be the case. Obviously, kidnapping and rape charges are not enough to lock a away forever (WTH?).

Then again, he sounds like a total looney tunes. I don't want to see him get around his due punishment because he's a psycho.

If he is insane, how could they have missed it all these years - with parole violations? How could they not have dug deeper when he did F-up? This could have ended long ago for Jaycee.

Does anyone know if his 88 yr old mother still alive? She should be arrested too!

So, is this the longest time a kidnap victim has been held and has then been found??? I know more of you have followed many more cases than I.

Im sure Jaycee loves her girls but I think it would be really hard on Jaycees mom to meet her granddaughters.......It will be a constent reminder of the man who hurt her child!
I sure hope this family can overcome the past and concentrate on a new life.

Does anyone know if his 88 yr old mother still alive? She should be arrested too!
One neighbor seemed to think his mother was bed-ridden and living with them. Perhaps that is Patricia. If so, APS ought to be called out and get her moved to a nursing home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419