CA CA - Jeff Joseph, 45, Hoopa, 21 June 2014

I'm curious why they think this Robert Hunter guy met up with Jeff? Do they have a phone call trail or text, or did someone see them together?
Because Chris Hunter has stated he was supposed to meet Jeff Joseph

Hello all, My question is remotely tangential (or perhaps not) to Jeff's case. Did Jeff ever live in Portland, Oregon? I ask because there was a Jeff Joseph involved in pot and hemp stuff back in the early/mid 90's in Portland. I never met him, but the name rings a bell. At that time, a friend was in the process of suing one of Portland's leading MJ advocates. My friend stated that Jeff, who apparently had some knowledge (none of it good) about the person being sued, had a pretty good idea of the seamy underside of the industry and was keeping my friend informed about some of the local characters and their dealings.
Yes, he did live in Portland, Oregon. He owned a hemp shop

I have a bit more to add. It seems to me that Jeff Joseph is, indeed, the name of a person who was in PDX long ago. If the Jeff Joseph in question has a middle name beginning with V and was born in 1963, there is a Jeff Joseph who shows up in Oregon's court records system.

The cases mostly involve traffic/parking violations, a small claims case, and an eviction of a hemp business.

Jeff was working with someone named Christina Cody at HEMP DEPOT. The eviction seems to have been resolved by some sort of an agreement. The business ran from 2003 to 2005: HEMP DEPOT 120 SW ANKENY ST PORTLAND , OR 97204.

Previously, Jeff registered and ran this business from 1993 until 1996: CANNABIS HEMP CLOTHING CONNECTION LTD. 4616 SE HAWTHORNE PORTLAND , OR 97215

However, I do not see any other court records or business registry information much later than 2005.
Actually it is the same Jeff. I think the court records were a typo

The problem lies not with marijuana, but with the existence of a marijuana black market. Greed, plus the lack of regulation, leads to criminal violence as the means of settling commercial disputes. Unfortunately, the recent legalization laws don't look like they are a solution to the problem. They are complex ordinances designed to impose high taxes; the licensing complications and high cost discourages marijuana farmers from becoming legal. From here on the ground, it appears that legalization may reframe the cops and robbers aspect of growing marijuana, but I doubt it will have much effect on the black marketing. Or the violence.

Last edited:
If you mean did he pay in advance for his rent at the farm, he was paid up through Dec 2014. Yes, we have his phone records.

The question was about his P.O. box, actually. Although, paying the rent on the property that far ahead shows he didn’t intend to disappear.

Because Chris Hunter has stated he was supposed to meet Jeff Joseph

Was this stated publicly in the media (not comments). I don’t remember.

Actually it is the same Jeff. I think the court records were a typo

There is actually a Jeffrey V. Joseph still living in Portland, so it seems likely the court records are correct IMO.

The question was about his P.O. box, actually. Although, paying the rent on the property that far ahead shows he didn’t intend to disappear.

There is actually a Jeffrey V. Joseph still living in Portland, so it seems likely the court records are correct IMO.
Lilibit, ok wasn't sure. But he paid his po box in 3 month blocks and hadn't cancelled it

I was really just letting the poster know he wasn't wrong, Jeff Joseph did live & work in Portland in the 90s

No, it wasn't technically stated publicly. He stated it to me. I am very close to his sister, VJ, I guess I should become a VI

It took me about 5 hours to read through this whole thread. I remember when he went missing. This was another case that really haunted me. They all do to a certain extent, but some more than others. Anyway, I wanted to add a comment from that LOST COAST article about the reward for info on Jeff. Listen to this: In response to TIP's post naming HUNTER as the person of interest....A man named Patrick Duff replied to TIP, with this question:
"Did what happened in Hoopa the last couple of days have anything to do with it?"
That question was left unanswered. No more info from TIP.

SO WHAT DID HAPPEN IN JANUARY (or possibly FEB) ON HOOPA RESERVATION????

And Why does someone connect this event with Jeff and Hunter?

I am looking into it, but I have not yet seen anything about any newsworthy event occurring at that time in connection with HOOPA.
I can appreciate your post but I can assure you it had nothing to do with Jeff's case

It took me about 5 hours to read through this whole thread. I remember when he went missing. This was another case that really haunted me. They all do to a certain extent, but some more than others. Anyway, I wanted to add a comment from that LOST COAST article about the reward for info on Jeff. Listen to this: In response to TIP's post naming HUNTER as the person of interest....A man named Patrick Duff replied to TIP, with this question:
"Did what happened in Hoopa the last couple of days have anything to do with it?"
That question was left unanswered. No more info from TIP.

SO WHAT DID HAPPEN IN JANUARY (or possibly FEB) ON HOOPA RESERVATION????

And Why does someone connect this event with Jeff and Hunter?

I am looking into it, but I have not yet seen anything about any newsworthy event occurring at that time in connection with HOOPA.
Who's connecting it to Jeff and Hunter?

No, and the one POI emptied it of Jeff's money orders he mailed himself. Criminals

How can someone other than the PO box holder empty someone else's box? Do you have a LE or MSM link confirming the name of the "POI". Have the money orders been cashed and if so where and by whom?

How can someone other than the PO box holder empty someone else's box? Do you have a LE or MSM link confirming the name of the "POI". Have the money orders been cashed and if so where and by whom?
Because they had a key. Yes, they were cashed, but that's all money gram/western union could tell me because it's been so long. They don't keep any kind of records tracking that stuff. Which I think is ridiculous. There are the 4 names of the POIs listed all over the internet, just search "Jeff Joseph missing" I can tell you the 2 main, POIs are CH and ES. ES is the POI who cashed the money orders

Sorry, and I'm confident they were cashed right there in Hoopa

Because they had a key. Yes, they were cashed, but that's all money gram/western union could tell me because it's been so long. They don't keep any kind of records tracking that stuff. Which I think is ridiculous. There are the 4 names of the POIs listed all over the internet, just search "Jeff Joseph missing" I can tell you the 2 main, POIs are CH and ES. ES is the POI who cashed the money orders

Names being listed “all over the Internet” is not an LE or MSM link. None of this information has been published. The process for becoming a verified insider is not difficult. :)

Names being listed “all over the Internet” is not an LE or MSM link. None of this information has been published. The process for becoming a verified insider is not difficult. :)
Easy, I sent WS, an email yesterday Morning they have NOT responded

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back