Found Deceased CA - Jeffrey “JV” Vandergrift, 54, radio personality, considered "at risk", San Francisco, 24 Feb 2023

Bishop Black

Former Member
Reaction score

SAN FRANCISCO — Jeffrey “JV” Vandergrift, the popular radio personality for Wild 94.9 who co-hosted the Doghouse show during the 1990s and 2000s, is a missing person and considered at-risk, police say.

Vandergrift, 54, was last seen around 10 p.m. Feb. 23, near his home on the 200 block of King Street in San Francisco. Police are asking the public for help locating him as ask anyone who sees him to call them at 415-575-4444.

He is described at 6 feet and bald, with brown eyes, and was last seen wearing black sweatpants, police say. He is listed at 180 pounds, but recent pictures of him social media depict him as much skinnier.

IMG_4256.png

I’ve been a JV fan since WAAY back. He’s struggled with Lyme disease and some severe psychological and physical effects for years. At one point, he went into a deep depression and had to take a leave from work. He’s talked at length about how he felt like giving up. I’m hoping for a positive outcome. He’s a real light in the community and has been for 25+ years.

I’ve been a JV fan since WAAY back. He’s struggled with Lyme disease and some severe psychological and physical effects for years. At one point, he went into a deep depression and had to take a leave from work. He’s talked at length about how he felt like giving up. I’m hoping for a positive outcome. He’s a real light in the community and has been for 25+ years.

Here’s the backstory in his own words. I remember when he was just a kid starting out. He’s married to NY, also in radio and mentioned.

I am reading all this... he seems like an excellent man, with many fans & friends and a doting wife, great career (working also with his wife, very cool).

These are all things he describes in the link so hopefully this isn't "personalizing"-

Honestly... reading these symptoms he has had... He is an absolute WARRIOR for making it this far. I hope he is still alive and fighting, but frankly, if he wasn't getting relief from this I completely understand why he'd make a choice not to continue, as a chronic/life-long/terminal (if something else doesn't get me first) illness-haver myself.

You feel insane. There's so much agony. Little sleep. Friends, family, doctors, all don't understand.
Some even think you're exaggerating and it's just a lil ol' issue to be quickly resolved.
It plays with your emotions and memory and behaviors. You don't feel like you.
You are a shell of you. It is so terrifying.

I don't know if any of you have experienced abject terror where you feel like you're gonna jump outta your bones and you gotta run or do something or the world will cave in and you wish you could sorta peel off your own skin... yeah. It's the worst possible thing imaginable in your own head, in my opinion. A symptom that can come from so many things - from PTSD, panic disorder, and anxiety to dementia, Lyme's, sepsis. And then some lucky people never experience what I call the "crazy CRAZY bad times" at all. Please be so grateful if that describes you. It is a place nobody should have to go.

Actually this is why I had to take a break from WS for a little while here, my brain fog got so bad from PTSD and anxiety I could not retain information.

I am praying for JV and NY. my partner and I know deeply the kind of years-long journey of pain he describes in his words. it's scary actually to see when people with these hard illnesses go missing. i always fear one day it could be me. gotta shake that out of my head.

Jeffrey Vandergrift – who is best known as the host of "The JV Show" on the radio station Wild 94.9 – was last seen about 10 p.m. on Thursday at his home in the 200 block of King Street, near Oracle Park, according to the San Francisco Police Department.

Wild 94.9 released a Tweet on Friday afternoon stating the radio station was working with the SFPD and Vandergrift's family to safely locate the man.

From the OP the updated wording on his IG on 2/25 is alarming to me (BBM) MOO. A goodbye?

"Thank you for a wonderful life-filed w joy, laughs, pain & struggle," the new caption reads.

"It's been a great journey.

"Your support & prayers meant the world."

In the link I posted above, he talks a bit about his recent suicide attempt. Ugh.

“One day, I went to a parking lot and made a video saying goodbye to Natasha. I made one saying goodbye to friends and family. I made one thanking my company. And I made one for the listeners, thanking them for giving me such a wonderful life and career. I wanted these to be seen after I had passed. I knew that day was coming soon. “

According to his official Instagram account, his most recent post was on August 20, 2022, however, it appears as if the caption of the post was edited within the past two days.

"Thank you for a wonderful life-filed w joy, laughs, pain & struggle," read the post, along with a photo of Vandergrift wearing a Wild 94.9 shirt.

"It’s been a great journey. Your support & prayers meant the world. Keep shinin’ love=compassion=understanding =truth=forgiveness=peace=and hope=for others."

Ugh... I hope he is found soon. This is so heartbreaking. Anyone who hasn't heard him & NY (his wife) on the radio, I recommend listening to them on the first link shared in this thread regarding his journey w lyme.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back