Found Deceased CA - Jeffrey “JV” Vandergrift, 54, radio personality, considered "at risk", San Francisco, 24 Feb 2023

This is his personal blog and he is diagnosed with Lyme disease - I am posting this because this could be a fact for his disappearance

Lyme disease is extremely difficult. For one thing, it is not recognized in the US as a disease. Most treatments have to be done outside of the US. It is one of THE most difficult diseases to treat too! It attacks in so many different ways. Prayers for JV

While it is certainly possible that he committed suicide (chronic illness, depression, statements and previous attempt), there are several things that are raising red flags for me.

1). I’m not finding the original post posted anywhere or what it said, just the changed version. Daily Mail states it was edited after his disappearance. If so, it seems odd. How long between when he was last seen wha it changed and how drastically.

2) Why edit a 6 month old IG post instead of just making a new one? If the wording was similar- like just changed to past tense -that is an awful lot of work and seems more like someone trying to make it look like he was suicidal.

3) Maybe it’s just me but I have been suicidal because of health issues and posting something on social media was the least of my concerns. Are there personal text messages or anything that is more one on one? I’d be asking that question.

4) It would not be the first time someone met with foul play and made it look self inflicted.

MY OPINION ONLY. I am only speculating and posting questions that came to mind after reading the articles.

While it is certainly possible that he committed suicide (chronic illness, depression, statements and previous attempt), there are several things that are raising red flags for me.

1). I’m not finding the original post posted anywhere or what it said, just the changed version. Daily Mail states it was edited after his disappearance. If so, it seems odd. How long between when he was last seen wha it changed and how drastically.

2) Why edit a 6 month old IG post instead of just making a new one? If the wording was similar- like just changed to past tense -that is an awful lot of work and seems more like someone trying to make it look like he was suicidal.

3) Maybe it’s just me but I have been suicidal because of health issues and posting something on social media was the least of my concerns. Are there personal text messages or anything that is more one on one? I’d be asking that question.

4) It would not be the first time someone met with foul play and made it look self inflicted.

MY OPINION ONLY. I am only speculating and posting questions that came to mind after reading the articles.
JMO but I think the chance of foul play here is vanishingly small.

1677579263660.png

<modsnip -Members may link to a paywalled article so that others who have paid for a subscription or wish to get one can read the article. However, members can not copy/paste, quote directly, or disseminate the information contained in the article. It is not only a TOS violation, it is a violation of copyright law.

Last edited by a moderator:

the chance of it being anything but a suicide is slim to none. just my opinion, and something i hate to say, as this man is well-loved, very funny, and a warrior. but his illness is brutal. i understand where he is coming from, truly & deeply

no problems its in my area so trying to post any news or tweets

I'm a little further east in Dublin and I've been doing a social media cleanse so I don't see as much activity, but JV is definitely a much talked about subject in my office.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back