CA CA - Jennifer Wilmer, 21, Willow Creek, 13 Sept 1993

It very well could have been Christie. He certainly has a history. The trouble is he's dead. If Fred is still alive, he might have some answers. Good work on tracking him until 1995. Yes, Independence is in the middle of nowhere along Hiway 395 east of the Sierras. How did you figure out his name? Did I miss it on the thread?

I don't know if it is cowboy fred. Just suspect he could be. since he was said to be also transient I looked for Freds with no street addresses in Arcata, CA. But like Jen/Jade who had PO Boxes. So this fred only had the three po boxes. The man in Sacramento could be another Fred really. Neither had a birthday. Just the two had the same name. I am looking into the relatives that were listed to see if they could lead me to this Fred from Sacramento. But it seems he was only living with these relatives during 1988. So I suspect he moved north. Does anyone know how long Cowboy Fred has been in the area prior to Jennifer/Jade arriving? I used to do a lot of genealogy. Its how I started and learned to research. So sometimes when I have a suspect I go digging into what I know about their families to learn more about them. That is what I am doing now. See what I can come up with. Keeps me busy.

I don't know if it is cowboy fred. Just suspect he could be. since he was said to be also transient I looked for Freds with no street addresses in Arcata, CA. But like Jen/Jade who had PO Boxes. So this fred only had the three po boxes. The man in Sacramento could be another Fred really. Neither had a birthday. Just the two had the same name. I am looking into the relatives that were listed to see if they could lead me to this Fred from Sacramento. But it seems he was only living with these relatives during 1988. So I suspect he moved north. Does anyone know how long Cowboy Fred has been in the area prior to Jennifer/Jade arriving? I used to do a lot of genealogy. Its how I started and learned to research. So sometimes when I have a suspect I go digging into what I know about their families to learn more about them. That is what I am doing now. See what I can come up with. Keeps me busy.

Haven't given up on this case! Just been slow research when so much is unknown. What I believe and what is proven differ. I believe that the friend in Sacramento and the one with the PO box in Arcata are the same man. But cannot paper connect them. The information I was able to come up with about the man with the Sacramento Address, is also not confirmed. However in the genealogy search I am pretty sure that he was living with his cousin who died in 1989, which would give reason for him to maybe move north and be homeless. Also if he is a cousin. It is a second or further removed relative. Which makes it even harder to place him in the tree. Especially if Fred was a middle name not a first. or even just the nickname he came up with "Cowboy Fred" could be on the wrong track all together.

Anyway. nothing confirmed. Haven't given up just slowed down.

ok so I can't post that link!
It was an article that featured the disappearance of several women from Eureka.
Here is the comment:

Unknown
1 year ago

Jade Wilmer worked at Sizzler in Eureka, and disappeared many years ago. Chick White was hitch hiking on 299 (as was Wilmer) and also vanished just a couple years before Karen Mitchell

Karen Mitchell disappeared Nov. 25th 1997.

"Just five days shy of her 17th birthday, she was last seen walking along Broadway on Nov. 25, 1997, to the Coastal Family Development Center, where she cared for children." (clipped from Willits News article).
Apparently Karen was thought to have been taken by a guy named Robert Durst. No arrest though. Guess what, this Durst guy's wife disappeared in 1982. What the heck is/was going on in Northern California!

Someone brought up Mitchell earlier in the thread-one has to wonder if LE has actually looked into all of the perps in the area and ruled them in or out. There never seems to be an answer!

ok so I can't post that link!
It was an article that featured the disappearance of several women from Eureka.
Here is the comment:

Unknown
1 year ago

Jade Wilmer worked at Sizzler in Eureka, and disappeared many years ago. Chick White was hitch hiking on 299 (as was Wilmer) and also vanished just a couple years before Karen Mitchell

Karen Mitchell disappeared Nov. 25th 1997.

"Just five days shy of her 17th birthday, she was last seen walking along Broadway on Nov. 25, 1997, to the Coastal Family Development Center, where she cared for children." (clipped from Willits News article).
Apparently Karen was thought to have been taken by a guy named Robert Durst. No arrest though. Guess what, this Durst guy's wife disappeared in 1982. What the heck is/was going on in Northern California!

Someone brought up Mitchell earlier in the thread-one has to wonder if LE has actually looked into all of the perps in the area and ruled them in or out. There never seems to be an answer!

Did Durst live in the area? Cause I still think they should investigate the Dead Ernie Sam Christie Jr. His wife also disappeared, he was accused of the murder of a missing girl from the 80's Lysandra Turpin whose body was found. And he lived in the area of Humboldt Co. his WHOLE LIFE! I don't think just because someone is dead, they can't still investigate past criminal history. Had he been alive, would he have talked anyway? He was said to have picked up women hitchhiking. The wife that went missing in 1977, Lysandra in 1988, he didn't die till 2006. That is a lot of time and many missing women he may or may not have been part of disappearing. JMO and a Bump for Jennifer

I just got back from spending a week in Willow Creek with my family. I also live in Sacramento, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I want to know who Cowboy Fred is/was....the rumors around Willow Creek all fall on Fred.

I just got back from spending a week in Willow Creek with my family. I also live in Sacramento, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I want to know who Cowboy Fred is/was....the rumors around Willow Creek all fall on Fred.

I had done some research into a possible fred lead from the area. but after following the lead the only fred remotely close to the one i suspected died in late august 1993. If the two freds are the same I have not been able to tell. Nor am i able to say with certainty that he is the Fred that went by Cowboy. Story had it that he too disappeared around the same time she did. Maybe the reason being is because he passed away. Without any hard evidence I still think they should look into the local man accused of killing the once missing Lysandra Turpin and torturing some other women. As well as his own wife going missing from a boat he owned. I just pray that someday some clue turns up that leads to Jennifer/Jades whereabouts.

Great to have the perspective of someone local! Do people still talk about Jennifer? Do they think LE dropped the ball?

Great to have the perspective of someone local! Do people still talk about Jennifer? Do they think LE dropped the ball?

The "old-timers" do, when I brought the subject up, no one my age (33) and younger had heard about Jade. My older family members and friends remember her disappearance quite well and the consensus (all based on opinion) was Fred was a bad man that had a thing for Jade. They also mentioned another man that's lived in WC for years, unfortunately it's only a nickname and he's so off the grid, there's no way to find him. I once saw him bite a rattlesnake to make a point. I only met him once, and never wanted to see him again. I just wish I remembered how to get to his land.

Is there any chance she was pregnant? "The Farm" is also an intentional community in Tennessee where women, often single, went to have babies and worked in the coop setting. Did she want to study midwifery? If she was saying, "see you in a few months"...? Just brain storming.

maybe the 'good luck, see you in a couple months' written to Mingo-
maybe he was going to jail for a couple of months?

I wonder if the Mingo talked about earlier had been incarcerated after jade went missing?

The "old-timers" do, when I brought the subject up, no one my age (33) and younger had heard about Jade. My older family members and friends remember her disappearance quite well and the consensus (all based on opinion) was Fred was a bad man that had a thing for Jade. They also mentioned another man that's lived in WC for years, unfortunately it's only a nickname and he's so off the grid, there's no way to find him. I once saw him bite a rattlesnake to make a point. I only met him once, and never wanted to see him again. I just wish I remembered how to get to his land.

He sounds horrible. Trust your original instinct. I, for one, am glad your memory has failed you! It's not safe to go rummaging around out there...we might end up with a thread here for you! Stay safe.

Mingo Mingo Mingo. This is what I have found about any Mingo's in the area. The link below is public details for Mingo Gaiton who had a PO Box in Willow Creek, CA in 1995.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/2SGF-BGL

The Mingo Gaitan in the articles below was born in 1973, which would make him about the same age as our Jen/Jade. And possibly the same Mingo with the Willow Creek PO BOX.
http://www.times-standard.com/ci_20494570/three-arrested-suspicion-selling-heroin,
http://humboldtsentinel.com/2011/10/26/five-arrested-at-heroin-houses/

If this is the Mingo that lived with Jennifer/Jade. I think its time he is re-questioned by police about what happened to her. Maybe new clues will come about. Wonder if the Mingo in the note was ever questioned. Since it seems he was away for a couple months.

As for the Fred's I have been looking into, the one Fred I had researched turned out to be a dead end. So I went back to the drawing board aka the public records. What do we know about "COWBOY FRED"?
1. He was said to be obsessed with Jennifer/Jade.
2. He was considered a Transient living in the area. (Does this mean he was not from Humboldt Co.?, Or could he have always been from Humboldt Co. ?)
3. He was an Older man, Old enough to have served in the Vietnam War. (born before 1957)
4. Hasn't been seen since Jennifer/Jade went missing Sept 1993.

Questions? Was Fred homeless? or did he live somewhere in the area? Being a Vet was he collecting any sort of income that would provide him enough to rent a place? Would he have a PO BOX? or Street address? If someone who remembers Fred saw his picture would they recognize him?

I found an address that I am wondering about in Eureka Ca. Looking for it on Google Maps shows no such address. 802 Huntoon St Eureka Ca. Was also listed as 302 Huntoon St. Near the 802 address is Eureka High School and the district offices. There is also a place called Marshall Family Resource Center in these District Buildings. But again not with the address 802 Huntoon. The thing that caught my attention with this Fred is this address that for one seems fake. But also this particular Fred was listed as living there from Sept 18 1993-Oct 1 1993. He is listed at this address also in May of 1988 and Sept 1989. He was not found back in the area until 2007. Wonders what is up with the weird address on Huntoon and the Dates on the one record seem strange too. Sept 18th 1993- Oct 1 1993. less than 2 weeks and so soon after Jen/Jade went missing. Is there a Cheap motel or hotel at this address? Or was there one in the late 80's early 90's? Curiouser and curiouser

So I did a little research on this Fred with the weird address. Turns out he was born in Humboldt County in the 1940's. Which would put him at an age that would make him "OLDER" and a "WAR VET". I began searching the yearbooks on classmates. Turns out this Fred I'm looking into went to Eureka High School. He was a class behind Ernest Samuel Christie Jr. (Another man I think should be investigated even though hes in the grave now). Thought that was interesting. Probably means nothing. But I refuse to give up hope on finding out what happened to Jennifer/Jade.

Bump for Jen/Jade

Thanks for not giving up.
Where is this Fred now?
I wish LE would re-visit this case and these people.

Bumps for Jennifer "Jade" Marie Wilmer. Today marks 21 years that she has been missing.

Looking for info on Happiness and/or Cowboy Fred. My Fred research is slow going but still looking. Name of "Happiness" the roommate that allowed Fred to stay would be helpful.
Still wish LE would re question the 3 roommates still alive, Mingo, Rebecca and Opie. Seems the Mingo I have located in the area has been mixed up in drugs and would like to know if he was ever question about Jade? He was the only one who was mentioned by name in Jades last written note and he was mentioned as being gone for several months.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilmer_jennifer.html

http://doenetwork.org/cases/807dfca.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12190/0

https://sites.google.com/site/billjens/longisland'slostgirls:flowerchildfrombaldwin

Someone, anyone? Where is Jennifer "Jade" Wilmer?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria
Back