GUILTY CA - Jessica Funk-Haslam, 13, found murdered, Rosemont, 6 March 2012

I wonder if mom has a new boyfriend. The woman is acting pretty sketchy, imo. I don't get good vibes from her demeanor.

http://www.news10.net/video/1496583...-of-girl-found-in-park-struggle-to-understand

Parents of girl found in park struggle to understand

--video @ link

*body found about 2 miles from her mom’s apartment

*dad says she wouldn't have walked that far---must have been picked up

*mom—she ran out, and I chased after her

*jessica left her cell phone at home

*her mom’s b/f brian kirk sexually abused Jessica in nevada , he was sentenced to 10 years in 2008

*mom says that’s in the past, Jessica was getting help w/ that

*dad says that’s why she was a rebellious teen

Per this video she was also a habitual runaway. Also says they each had Jessica half the time, but the mother had primary custody. Seems like the father wasn't too far away. I don't understand why she would habitually run away, why not just go to the dad's house instead?

I am not sure what to make of this story. No way do I believe that a 13yo would run away and leave her cell phone at home. No way. And apparently she must have talked to her dad after the fight while she was still at home, then left after that? I wonder if the mother has a new boyfriend? Anybody else notice the mother's rapid eye movement in the video above? And weird that she would only open the door a crack? She seems paranoid, wonder if she's on drugs?

The child being "habitual runway" explains why mother didn't call police right away. I am not impressed by the mother but I still think it was someone the girl met (and probably not a girlfriend). If the mother was running after her that would explain why she left her cell phone (there might have been no time to physically pick it up).

Per this video she was also a habitual runaway. Also says they each had Jessica half the time, but the mother had primary custody. Seems like the father wasn't too far away. I don't understand why she would habitually run away, why not just go to the dad's house instead?

I am not sure what to make of this story. No way do I believe that a 13yo would run away and leave her cell phone at home. No way. And apparently she must have talked to her dad after the fight while she was still at home, then left after that? I wonder if the mother has a new boyfriend? Anybody else notice the mother's rapid eye movement in the video above? And weird that she would only open the door a crack? She seems paranoid, wonder if she's on drugs?

BBM

Mom said she left the house at 5:30. Dad said he talked to her at 6:00. She had to have already left the house if the time line is correct when the call to dad was made. Unless she used someone else's phone to call her father I think she had her phone with her. And kids don't go anywhere with out there phones.

JMO

Jessica, an eighth-grader at nearby Albert Einstein Middle School, was last seen around 5.30pm the previous evening when she left her home to meet someone following an argument with her mother.

(snipped)

Jessica's father, Allen Porter, said he spoke to his daughter on the phone about 6pm on Monday - half an hour after the argument with her mother.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-13-dumped-baseball-dugout.html#ixzz1oazqjTo0

Found a post on FB from a mother of one of Jessica's friends. Says she was so glad she got her daughter out of "that school" and away from that crowd. Also said that Jessica had alleged to her daughter that her mother was abusive. She also mentioned that allegedly Jessica was seen with a boy by eyewitnesses.

BBM

Mom said she left the house at 5:30. Dad said he talked to her at 6:00. She had to have already left the house if the time line is correct when the call to dad was made. Unless she used someone else's phone to call her father I think she had her phone with her. And kids don't go anywhere with out there phones.

JMO

The video above is where it said her phone was left at home. Wonder what number the call to the father was from?

BBM

JMO

If she left her own at home she could have borrowed another one from someone. I am sure police will find out whose phone that was.

http://www.news10.net/video/1496583...-of-girl-found-in-park-struggle-to-understand

Parents of girl found in park struggle to understand

--video @ link

*body found about 2 miles from her mom’s apartment

*dad says she wouldn't have walked that far---must have been picked up

*mom—she ran out, and I chased after her

*jessica left her cell phone at home

*her mom’s b/f brian kirk sexually abused Jessica in nevada , he was sentenced to 10 years in 2008

*mom says that’s in the past, Jessica was getting help w/ that

*dad says that’s why she was a rebellious teen

MOMS Boy friend abused her!!!!That is in the past!!!!!13 Leaves cell phone home!
WTH is wrong with this picture ..............Does not find her daughter and does not call police sorry I am calling mom's story BS!She was to young to be gone all night police should have been called.What kind of a parent waits overnight when a young child is missing?Sorry but I am not buying her moms story.

--or the male / young female the guy heard darking in the dark were the 2 ( or 2 of many ) who had just killed her.

--in the 1st article posted her mom mentioned that another girl might be involved.

http://www.news10.net/news/article/...overed-at-Rosemont-park-a-juvenile?hpt=us_bn7

Mom tells media that another girl might be involved? That bothers me. Either Mom isn't going to talk about her suspicions or she is. Why would she think another girl was involved?

In all the running around looking for her, and calling her friend's I wonder if Mom ever called Dad? You would think she would check to see if she had gone there.

And teens don't 'leave' their cell phones. Esp if they are upset. How could they contact anyone and complain about the 'rents if they don't have the cell? If for some reason they forget it somewhere they will walk through fire to get it back.

<modsnip>

I don't think the mother was involved at all but these aren't the kindest things to say on the internet about your children.

I also saw an article that quoted a boy she had allegedly been dating for a week. He said she started hanging out with the wrong crowd and cutting class. Hinky meter is going off...

IMO, she was too young to be dating. He is painting a negative picture of his very new gf. Like he disapproved of her alleged bad behavior, but If they had only been dating for a week, she must've been doing those things when they got together. Could she have changed that much in one week?

Wondering if she went to meet the new bf. I also wonder if this was a teenage love triangle and that's why the mom said one of her friend's might be involved.

Other child is not much to brag about Elderly mother who wishs for all to be on silver platter.================================

Rude things to say about her family, imo. How does a kid feel to see their mom say you are ' not much to brag about.' OUCH

Other child is not much to brag about Elderly mother who wishs for all to be on silver platter.================================

Rude things to say about her family, imo. How does a kid feel to see their mom say you are ' not much to brag about.' OUCH
Katydid, that's exactly what I thought, too. I noticed this too:
In my current life I have gained two children instead of just one.
She is calling her own mom one of her children, but how did she GAIN the other child? I'm assuming that's the child that isn't much to brag about? She says her mom moved in with her and her daughter so the other child must not live with them?? Maybe a bf's child? I call my bf's kids my kids.

Katydid, that's exactly what I thought, too. I noticed this too:
She is calling her own mom one of her children, but how did she GAIN the other child? I'm assuming that's the child that isn't much to brag about? She says her mom moved in with her and her daughter so the other child must not live with them?? Maybe a bf's child? I call my bf's kids my kids.

I think the two kids she is referring to is Jessica and the mother (who acts like a child). I wonder if grandma still lives there?

Comment left by a Sacbee.com reader...

The discussion is about the mom not knowing who Jessica's friends were. Poster Monkeymann is posting this to dispute that. The other FB page may have some interesting info that mom wasn't supposed to see.

Actually, she had 3 FB accounts and the mom is friends with them all. Whether she was before all this happened, I'm not sure. All j's FB pages are private. One is JH (Roadkill), one is JH (Princess Pinky), and one is J and what I assume is her middle name. You can find them under her mom's page.

A 16 yr old boy from the same neighborhood was reported missing that day when he failed to come home after school at Rosemont High.

He returned home around midnight unharmed. He has diminished mental capacity according to the article...

http://www.kcra.com/news/30616230/detail.html

Actually, she had 3 FB accounts and the mom is friends with them all. Whether she was before all this happened, I'm not sure. All j's FB pages are private. One is JH (Roadkill), one is JH (Princess Pinky), and one is J and what I assume is her middle name. You can find them under her mom's page.
Wow, that's interesting. I wonder why her mom didn't think she had friends, then. 3 FB pages? Did you notice if they all have the same friends or did each have a different group? I deactivated my FB so I dont go on anymore.

And if her mom wanted to know who her closest friends were all she had to do was snatch that phone unexpectedly and check the text msgs. Hmmm...now Im wondering if she left the phone at home or if mom took the phone from her for just that reason.

Wow, that's interesting. I wonder why her mom didn't think she had friends, then. 3 FB pages? Did you notice if they all have the same friends or did each have a different group? I deactivated my FB so I dont go on anymore.

And if her mom wanted to know who her closest friends were all she had to do was snatch that phone unexpectedly and check the text msgs. Hmmm...now Im wondering if she left the phone at home or if mom took the phone from her for just that reason.

The settings were set so you couldn't see any of the friends. But each profile pic was JH.

I'm with all of you on her cellphone being left behind. And mom pointing finger at a friend raises hackles. It's like she's deflecting away from herself.

RIP Jessica

Mom tells media that another girl might be involved? That bothers me. Either Mom isn't going to talk about her suspicions or she is. Why would she think another girl was involved?

In all the running around looking for her, and calling her friend's I wonder if Mom ever called Dad? You would think she would check to see if she had gone there.

And teens don't 'leave' their cell phones. Esp if they are upset. How could they contact anyone and complain about the 'rents if they don't have the cell? If for some reason they forget it somewhere they will walk through fire to get it back.

BBM

My 14 year old can't leave the couch and go to the refrigerator or pantry and back without taking her phone with her. This whole process takes all of 30 seconds.

The only reason she can take a shower without her phone is because it would get ruined if she did.

She left her charger at a friends house during a sleep over not long ago and you would have thought the world was going to end if she didn't get a ride to go get the charger before her battery died.

Your right, no teen is going to leave home without their phone. Certainly not a 13 year old girl. I too think the phone was taken away as a punishment if she didn't have it with her.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back