CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The brilliance of bringing Cathy and Taylor in first is that many people will doubt their veracity, because, of course, they are not impartial witnesses. But it's clear from the defense's opening and what they've revealed of their trial prep during cross, that as their experts present, Cathy and Taylor's statements will be supported by hard evidence. Bolstering C & T's testimony as the jury reviews it later.

Some things will not be bolstered. They will never prove that Chase played poker to win money for the car payments.

They will never 'prove' that Joey brought him those checks willingly at lunch on the 4th.

They will not be able to 'prove' CJ's assertion that chase poured all his money back into the business. The defense will try and prove that because they hinted a few times during cross---saying that cashing that money out of banks was not for gambling money, it was cash to buy business supplies, and he always used cash and I guess we will see if he had receipts or not....

Sorry I heard on the opening from the defense that one of the children was held at knife point to get Summer out of the home and a knife was used at the grave site. So that’s not just claiming it was used to cut her bra.
I was actually thinking by gunpoint? Was CM ever known to have guns? He would of had control of all four family members with a gun IMO.

I'm looking at C Russon's tweet again, so there isn't trial today? Wow, they really are breaking this trial into pieces.

The docket has trial scheduled today....

Right. She's innocent of committing murder, and so is her father.

I have no doubt that she truly wants to believe her Dad would not smash the skulls of 2 innocent babies. But wanting to believe it, doesn't make it so. Chase must have been bursting with pride yesterday at seeing his daughter so boldly lie for him, even producing tears for his terrible plight.

McGee said this? Or was this the contention that included a story related by Dan K's ex-girlfriend?

Did the defense claim a knife was found at the graves?

They mentioned at knife at the crime scene as everybody in the thread got super excited( as we had never heard that before) at that news and then no mention of it since. Check the first thread out if you don’t believe me.

They mentioned at knife at the crime scene as everybody in the thread got super excited( as we had never heard that before) at that news and then no mention of it since. Check the first thread out if you don’t believe me.

I'm going by testimony or statements made at trial. These are the relevant statements at this point.

I have no doubt that she truly wants to believe her Dad would not smash the skulls of 2 innocent babies. But wanting to believe it, doesn't make it so. Chase must have been bursting with pride yesterday at seeing his daughter so boldly lie for him, even producing tears for his terrible plight.

Or Chase is innocent.

So CM pretty much sang like a canary during that police interview, but he never once mentioned that his boss was allowing him to write checks to himself and forge Joey's signature.

Union Bank does not have a record of CM being added to the account, and we don't have Joey to confirm the two timed felon's story, we have to assume CM was never authorized to write himself some checks.

Also, why pretend to be Joey on the QB call? Why not say, "hey, my boss asked me to delete this account because his wife has a spending problem. How do we go about doing that?" He had to pretend to be Joey because it was all a lie!

What? A felon, wanted on a felony warrant didn't admit to breaking the law? No way! Of course any felon wanted on a felony warrant would offer that information in a recorded interview. JMO even IF Joey was aware of it or was okay with it, it was still against the law as far as I know.

rsbm

[Day 29 Part 3 11.22]

Pros: Were you aware of facts that show that that phone call from Joseph McStay to the defendant's cell phone was never actually received by the defendant's cell phone?
TJ: I am not aware of anything like that.
Pros: You've been sitting in trial though, right?
TJ: Yes.
Pros: And that's just a piece of evidence that you actually didn't hear?
TJ: Well I don't want to talk about phone records cos I'm not versed in them, but it's my understanding that there...
Pros: My question to you is solely - is that evidence that you actually heard?
TJ: Possibly.
Pros: Did you have a conversation with your dad about that?
TJ: I mean we talk about the case all the time, so probably.

How is it not crystal clear? Where was the defense's objection to them misleading the witness?

There are no other calls made to Chase's phone that did not show up in his records. Not one. So the defense has not proven that this call could have been received. The only uncertainty has been manufactured here and is pure spin of the testimony IMO.

I think it's absolutely revealing that TJ's testimony changed over the course of seconds from not being aware, to possibly hearing it to probably discussing it with her dad.

Ita! Imo, she was all over the place, and I thought she was purposefully evasive when she thought it behooved the defense case.

I truly doubt the jury is going to buy this bull about this particular call anyway.

How convenient that other calls linked to his phone just fine including showing his whereabouts, and timelines, and the numerous calls CJ made to him.

If they were all so consumed by the one call that came in supposedly by an alive Joey (NOT imo) then why didnt CJ tell CM if he wasnt going to return Joey's call, then she would do the right thing, and call him herself? Especially since she knew they got their bread buttered from Joey? It wasnt like she didnt know Joey well...she did.

Why, out of all calls, this particular most important call of the day doesn't go through? Yet he is calling CJ back just a short time later after Joey's call?

Did that call to Jarvis show he was at his home or the clubhouse? And why would he have to call her back if they were supposedly all together watching a movie, and having an ongoing argument about not calling Joey back.

If it was such a big deal that it caused an ongoing argument for days did he ever call Joey back shortly after refusing to do so? That would have ended this weird ongoing argument right then.

Why give a foolish argument legs over one unanswered phone call when all he had to do is tell CJ 'okay you win, and I'm calling him right back now.' Did he do that?

If he called back just a few minutes later, he knew Joey would answer since Joey was the one trying to contact CM.

So did he call joey back anytime on the night of the 4th after Joey supposedly called him in the presence of his family?

Imo, the jury will go by the cell evidence they can see for themselves, and not some imaginary phone call that has nothing to support it even connected to the accused's phone, no matter what the paid defense experts may say or what his family may say. Imo

Imo, this is why many times the defense case is called smoke, and mirrors. This is a perfect example of the DT trying to get the jury to believe they are being fed chicken salad when its really nothing but chicken s***, and smells to high heaven. Lol!

IMHO, Neither defense witness helped the defense one iota yesterday, IMO. They did more harm than good.

We will see if they score any points when Jarvis continues. I think the state is fully prepared, no matter who the defense witness case happens to be. I thought the prosecutor did a fabulous job yesterday.

May justice prevail for the McStay family, and I feel more at peace every day of the trial, it will be done.

Imo

Last edited:
What? A felon, wanted on a felony warrant didn't admit to breaking the law? No way! Of course any felon wanted on a felony warrant would offer that information in a recorded interview. JMO even IF Joey was aware of it or was okay with it, it was still against the law as far as I know.

He admitted to using Joey's credit card to try and swap QB. Why pump the brakes at the check forging? Makes no sense. It is a bunch of malarkey. IMO.

PS: I have a bridge to sell. Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonsuli