CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh okay, i'm not sure? That could be then.

I don’t know—and we’d have to study the exact words of the question. But I can easily visualize saying:

“I had lunch with my brother at In and Out.”

“Who else was there?” (Understood as: who else was with you.)

“No one.”

Barring some miracle, we’ll never know exactly what happened that day. There’s only one person alive that knows, and we don’t have any particular reason to believe what he says.

Prosecution has the burden to prove him guilty without reasonable doubt. So far they have failed terribly, even with the insane number of objections trying to keep the jury in the dark.
(As I'm typing now, my ears are inundated with one objection after another from the PT during the live streaming. Ouch. :eek::eek::eek:)
Happens in every DP case i have ever followed, LOL.

I don’t know—and we’d have to study the exact words of the question. But I can easily visualize saying:

“I had lunch with my brother at In and Out.”

“Who else was there?” (Understood as: who else was with you.)

“No one.”

Barring some miracle, we’ll never know exactly what happened that day. There’s only one person alive that knows, and we don’t have any particular reason to believe what he says.
BBM, Yes i agree, it's very problematic to try to decipher his lies from any truth.

I have a question. If the DT accuse someone in a criminal Trial who has not been officially named a suspect by LE in a murder case, and who has been cleared by LE, could that be a case of litigation for Libel by the person they are falsely accusing publically in a court of law?

If CW is found guilty, does DK have a legal case against the Defense Team for defamation of character?

If Chase is found not guilty, can he or his family members have a case against libel, rumor spreading and character defamation against him or his family members?

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 23s23 seconds ago
#McStay - Det. Bachman was asked about confirming the dates Dan Kavanaugh was in Hawaii. He said he didn't but believes the previous case agent, Det. Avila, did.

D5-2q5BV4AAtC6u.png

Does anyone think that after Maline asked the Judge for an ex parte hearing in the Judges Chambers this morning saying it was about McGee. Does anyone think McGee may be asking to withdrawal form the case do to medical reasons? If this is granted by the Judge, do you think there could be a mistrial since McGee is the only Death Penalty Qualified attorney on the defense team.

Does anyone think that after Maline asked the Judge for an ex parte hearing in the Judges Chambers this morning saying it was about McGee. Does anyone think McGee may be asking to withdrawal form the case do to medical reasons? If this is granted by the Judge, do you think there could be a mistrial since McGee is the only Death Penalty Qualified attorney on the defense team.
BBM ...yep

I would think so, I wonder if the death penalty option being removed would make a difference?

I'm pretty concerned about it, McGee hung back at the sidebar and was sitting by himself at another table this morning, like he's unconnected. I don't know how anyone will be able to take a mistrial at this late date.

Is Maline definitely not DP qualified? If not, what you suggest could be possible then?

If Chase is found not guilty, can he or his family members have a case against libel, rumor spreading and character defamation against him or his family members?
He would not have a case. But, pretending like he did have a case he would have to prove that what's been said was untrue and then he'd have to prove how he was damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod