CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Chase Merritt murder the McStays?
This poll will close on May 20, 2019 at 1:36 AM.

* Guilty 64 vote(s) 85.3%
Not guilty 8 vote(s) 10.7%
Some other guy did it 1 vote(s) 1.3%
Chase and DK did it 2 vote(s) 2.7%

Since it now appears the prosecution didn't meet their burden and CM will not be found guilty, the course of action is to now slander his name. This apparently, makes some feel better, it's actually therapeutic and helps release frustrations, so, by all means have at it, I'm sure Merrett doesn't mind since he'll soon be a free man.
LOL! CM pretty much ruined his "name" BEFORE he was arrested. Too funny! Who in their right mind would EVER hire a thief and con like him? Regardless if he walks or goes to prison, he destroyed his own name and integrity BEFORE his arrest.
"Slander" pffft...the trial isn't over so that term isn't relevant

LOL! CM pretty much ruined his "name" BEFORE he was arrested. Too funny! Who in their right mind would EVER hire a thief and con like him? Regardless if he walks or goes to prison, he destroyed his own name and integrity BEFORE his arrest.

That's exactly what an "easy-target scapegoat" means.

Thanks for your response. For those who believe Chase is guilty, what are the reasons/facts that were presented at trial? I am sorry I can't take the time to review all of the threads here. I know there is much circumstantial evidence but what hard evidence convinces people that it was Chase. I'm not talking about emotion or belief. Thank you.
This case, like many others, is a circumstantial case. It relies on a jury's common sense, not conspiracy.

Did Chase Merritt murder the McStays?
This poll will close on May 20, 2019 at 1:36 AM.

* Guilty 64 vote(s) 85.3%
Not guilty 8 vote(s) 10.7%
Some other guy did it 1 vote(s) 1.3%
Chase and DK did it 2 vote(s) 2.7%
I can't believe there are actually 2 people who think Merritt and Kavanaugh conspired and killed the family. By their own admissions they had never met each other before the McStays went missing. Something tells me these 2 voters didn't pay very close attention to evidence.

Is Chase a loving father? Imo self-serving Chase has a strange way of showing that if he believes he is. I've seen him showing more affection to a puppy dog than his own children.

Funny how there is not one single picture of him and his children. I wonder why that is.

<modsnip> Being a good father is measured by more things than pictures and money IMO. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

It would be great, and so entertaining if CM tried to sue for slander. Lol!

That would mean to prove such a ridiculous claim of slander for him to be successful he would have to prove his innocence, and also would have to disprove all of the entitled opinions held about him. Bawhaaa! Good luck with that!

Who would he have testify on his behalf about his good character? His prison or jail buddies? He cant call CJ. She's already said he cares about no one. She didnt say he doesnt care about anyone except his three children. She made it very clear he doesnt care about his kids either. If she thought that he cared about his kids she would have said so, and made an exception about them. She didnt because even she knows he doesn't.

His own actions, and inactions that we have learned is only a tiny snippet of what CJ knows, and has endured.

CJ left him 6 months after the McStays were murdered didnt she... way before he was arrested?

Imo, she suspected the hammer was going to drop, and it would be only a matter of time before CMs arrest even though it took a year to complete the investigation. She knew Joey wasn't there any longer to see that she, and her kids were taken care of so she knew she was on her own.

Did he pay her child support when she left, and before his arrest?

Who's he gonna call?

He can't call all those he has scammed or stolen from that's for sure as character witnesses. Lmbo!

Lol! He cant even come up with an iron clad verifiable alibi for the 4th the day he murdered all 4.

Of course a slander civil suit will never happen even if found NG. Which isn't going to happen imo.

A NG verdict has absolutely nothing to do with being declared innocent anyway. Nada, zip, zero.

We all have freedom of speech in this country, and we can have any opinion we wish to have about any murder suspect on trial.

Lol! Heck some can even believe or have an opinion CM is father of the year material even though the evidence in the trial shows otherwise.

Imo

Last edited:
I can't believe there are actually 2 people who think Merritt and Kavanaugh conspired and killed the family. By their own admissions they had never met each other before the McStays went missing. Something tells me these 2 voters didn't pay very close attention to evidence.

I saw that, and had to chuckle.

Yes. Those 2 voters must not be keeping up with the trial nor even what CM himself has said. Lol!

<modsnip> Being a good father is measured by more things than pictures and money IMO. <modsnip>

I think he is a terrible father and it has nothing to do with pictures or no pictures.

It has to do with thievery, lack of integrity, deceitfulness, low moral character, laziness, and hearing about how he spanked his very young son repeatedly, for an extended period of time, over nothing.

He was a con man, a tax cheat, a shameless liar. He gambled away thousands of dollars, even while his family was on the verge of eviction. His biggest defender, CJ, mother of his children, tells us what kind of a person he is in her own words. 'He didn't care about others , or what happened to them, he only cared about himself', and she told him that to his incarcerated face.

There is no way to call him a 'good father' knowing what we know about his horrid actions and attitudes.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, not the "facts". Circumstantial evidence was laid out, which do not prove the alleged "facts". Sorry to say, but I watched all the testimonies.

Smr, circumstantial evidence are facts. That's why they are called EVIDENCE, and upheld in our higher appelate courts all the way to the USSC..much more than direct evidence cases.

I realize you may disagree, but to be dismissive of the legal weight CE cases carry, I truly dont understand, since most convictions were/are based on CE facts just like in this case rather based solely on direct evidence.

Imo

This is the USA, like it or not, a defendant is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. Fortunately, it takes more than public opinion to convict someone of a crime. If CM is acquitted it will be interesting to see whether the same people who hate CM exhibit the same disdain for the actual perpetrator(s). So far everyone who has been mentioned as receiving business, financial, legal, etc. benefit from the disappearance of the family has been given a free pass. If a new POI is considered, following a hung jury, mistrial or acquittal, it will be interesting to observe whether the same venom will spewed toward them. Justice has rarely been properly served by a lynch mob mentality. Fortunately, there are 12 fair and impartial jurors deciding the fate of CM. jmvho

Amen.

No, not the "facts". Circumstantial evidence was laid out, which do not prove the alleged "facts". Sorry to say, but I watched all the testimonies.

"Circumstantial evidence" - generally more damning than direct in many cases. However, I'm not interested in dancing around the Maypole again, it starts to look like bickering and I'm also not interested in madding a mod.

This is the USA, like it or not, a defendant is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. Fortunately, it takes more than public opinion to convict someone of a crime. If CM is acquitted it will be interesting to see whether the same people who hate CM exhibit the same disdain for the actual perpetrator(s). So far everyone who has been mentioned as receiving business, financial, legal, etc. benefit from the disappearance of the family has been given a free pass. If a new POI is considered, following a hung jury, mistrial or acquittal, it will be interesting to observe whether the same venom will spewed toward them. Justice has rarely been properly served by a lynch mob mentality. Fortunately, there are 12 fair and impartial jurors deciding the fate of CM. jmvho

Well if there is any justice in the world he will be found guilty.

He was the last known person to see Joey alive his own words.

He was at the house at the same time the family were murdered and we know this as he wrote and deleted out a cheque that the following day he wrote out again and cashed this time near his home.

I think you and I posted independently some weeks ago that the defence was doing a course correction having committed too far on the DK theory

The OS is carefully crafted along failure to investigate lines with multiple killers in teams of 2 plus DK lurking nefariously in the shadows

By the end of forensic dude, they seemed very committed to DK as the real killer - but the trouble always has been that DK had a strong alibi

So then we saw all the detectives called instead of following up their big forensic accounting witness with Tracey R and the hammer blow confession

IMO it was a completely tactical decision, based on how weak the DK sauce was

Failure to investigate DK is going to look really stupid in closing against his alibi. None of it is substantiated. Where is the landlord evidence for example?

Meanwhile the state has bank records, a witness, paid tickets and sworn testimony of the passenger records. Whoops!

So rather than double down on that, I think they will go heavy on the 4 killers.
What four killers?

TBug. Relax. It's Websleuther's opinions. We are not the jury. It's all good.
Having said that, you know I think he is guilty.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member