CA CA - Johnnie Herrera, 20, Oxnard, 27 Aug 1971

i posted them cuz we thought kraft may have had something to do with johhnie one of his score cards number 16 listed portland. i posted up all the missing from ore on hear to cross check one of the men who was from ore went missing in california

Bump.

Johnnie’s son Johnnie Jr. birthday was just 42 on the 13th of this month.

Bump. This marks another Thanksgiving the Herreras have spent without Johnnie.

Yet another Christmas the Herrera's have spent without Johnnie.

Merry Christmas, Johnnie, wherever you are.

Happy New Year, Johnnie.

For the person, or person who know what happened to Johnnie...it's time to speak up and clear your conscience. You have a chance at redemption if you do. Aren't you tired of having this gnaw at your conscience? This one will get solved, even after all these years. Perhaps this year even....
God Bless Johnnie and his family, and God Bless Bobby88 for keeping his memory alive.

For the person, or person who know what happened to Johnnie...it's time to speak up and clear your conscience. You have a chance at redemption if you do. Aren't you tired of having this gnaw at your conscience? This one will get solved, even after all these years. Perhaps this year even....
God Bless Johnnie and his family, and God Bless Bobby88 for keeping his memory alive.

Thank you. Maybe 2013 will be the year someone will finally speak out and solve this case. People out there know what happened. I don't think Johnnie had an accident or ran away. I think someone did something to him and hid his car someplace, and 41-and-a-half years is far too long for the person or person responsible to have gotten off scot-free.

Bump.Tomorrow will be the 18th anniversary of Johnnie's wife Annette's death. She died without ever knowing what happened to her first husband and father of her only son.

RIP Annette.

I found this the other day on Intelius when I just typed Johnnie's name in to see what would come up. I wasn't expecting anything, so imagine my surprise when I saw the second listing.

http://www.intelius.com/results.php...&qmi=J&qn=Herrera&qcs=Oxnard,+CA&focusfirst=1

I've been keeping my eye on this listing and will be somewhat suspicious if the age changes from 61 to 62 on or right around Johnnie's birthday of February 17.

I made a YouTube video for Johnnie's case. The song choice for will be explained quickly within the first few seconds of the video. Hopefully, this will generate some interest.

Johnnie Joe Herrera: Missing since 1971 - YouTube

Also, I emailed Johnnie's case to Dateline NBC a few days to see if they'd be interested in profiling it on their "Real Life Mysteries" series.

Yes, Happy Birthday Johnnie!

Bobby88 - The video is EXCELLENT!!!!! Great job!
You brought forth or reinforced some info that is spurring some additional impressions. These speculations are purely based on the info you have provided, and no other data. In other words, I know as little or as much as you do, but he's where by deductive reasoning is taking me.....
I didn't know the party house was only 2 minutes away from his family home. This leads me to believe that the party would have been a little more "tame" than I had originally invisioned, based on the proximity to his own house and family. The fact no one saw his car or him leave is indeed, most strange. You did mention a sighting at McDonald's. I would tend to believe that report at this point. Something about your video and the way the info was presented leads me to believe he left on his own accord. What did the friends say, do you know? What is their version of how/when he left that night? Did he feel overwhelmed at being a young married man with a child? Did he bolt? Was there any history of mental illness in his family especially from his mothers side? 20 years old is when a lot of disorders reveal themselves. Did he speak Spanish? Fluently? If he wanted to disappear, of course Mexico would be a natural. Who knows, maybe he is indeed, still alive.

Yes, Happy Birthday Johnnie!

Bobby88 - The video is EXCELLENT!!!!! Great job!
You brought forth or reinforced some info that is spurring some additional impressions. These speculations are purely based on the info you have provided, and no other data. In other words, I know as little or as much as you do, but he's where by deductive reasoning is taking me.....
I didn't know the party house was only 2 minutes away from his family home. This leads me to believe that the party would have been a little more "tame" than I had originally invisioned, based on the proximity to his own house and family. The fact no one saw his car or him leave is indeed, most strange. You did mention a sighting at McDonald's. I would tend to believe that report at this point. Something about your video and the way the info was presented leads me to believe he left on his own accord. What did the friends say, do you know? What is their version of how/when he left that night? Did he feel overwhelmed at being a young married man with a child? Did he bolt? Was there any history of mental illness in his family especially from his mothers side? 20 years old is when a lot of disorders reveal themselves. Did he speak Spanish? Fluently? If he wanted to disappear, of course Mexico would be a natural. Who knows, maybe he is indeed, still alive.

I have no idea about any of the family's medical history. Johnnie's parents were Mexican immigrants who hadn't been in the U.S. that long when he and Joe were born (I think they came here in 1944, the twins were born in 1951), so all of the Herrera kids were probably fluent in Spanish, or at least had a working knowledge of the language.

The thing that no one seems to be able to give me answers to is whether or not the people at the party actually said they saw Johnnie leave. All anyone seems to be able to say is that he was at the party. I was hoping to get that question answered when I e-mailed the Oxnard PD a few months back, but you saw the somewhat passive-aggressive response I got (it's posted a few pages back), so it doesn't really make me want to go out of my way to ask them anything again.

The first detective I talked to a few years ago, Lynette Fenton, who actually is in charge of Johnnie's case, told me that there were "indications of money and marital problems" and that "some people [she never specified who] felt that Johnnie only married her [Annette] because she got pregnant". Given the values of the era, I have little doubt that the unplanned pregnancy was what prompted them to marry. However, the marital and money problems thing is at direct odds with Johnnie's family's insistence that everything at the time of the disappearance was fine. Something isn't right there.

I suppose both versions could technically be true. For example, Johnnie may have been able to keep his emotions in check around his family and put on a convincing show of being content, only to vent to his friends about how upset he was when his family wasn't around. In other words, the family only saw Johnnie as happy because that's how he purposely portrayed himself in their presence, but the friends saw a completely different Johnnie. So each side is going by what they themselves witnessed.

Could something have happened that night, either at the party or at home, that caused Johnnie to simply snap and cut off all ties?

I have no idea about any of the family's medical history. Johnnie's parents were Mexican immigrants who hadn't been in the U.S. that long when he and Joe were born (I think they came here in 1944, the twins were born in 1951), so all of the Herrera kids were probably fluent in Spanish, or at least had a working knowledge of the language.

The thing that no one seems to be able to give me answers to is whether or not the people at the party actually said they saw Johnnie leave. All anyone seems to be able to say is that he was at the party. I was hoping to get that question answered when I e-mailed the Oxnard PD a few months back, but you saw the somewhat passive-aggressive response I got (it's posted a few pages back), so it doesn't really make me want to go out of my way to ask them anything again.

The first detective I talked to a few years ago, Lynette Fenton, who actually is in charge of Johnnie's case, told me that there were "indications of money and marital problems" and that "some people [she never specified who] felt that Johnnie only married her [Annette] because she got pregnant". Given the values of the era, I have little doubt that the unplanned pregnancy was what prompted them to marry. However, the marital and money problems thing is at direct odds with Johnnie's family's insistence that everything at the time of the disappearance was fine. Something isn't right there.

I suppose both versions could technically be true. For example, Johnnie may have been able to keep his emotions in check around his family and put on a convincing show of being content, only to vent to his friends about how upset he was when his family wasn't around. In other words, the family only saw Johnnie as happy because that's how he purposely portrayed himself in their presence, but the friends saw a completely different Johnnie. So each side is going by what they themselves witnessed.

Could something have happened that night, either at the party or at home, that caused Johnnie to simply snap and cut off all ties?

You know, anything is possible, but the more I focus on your research (well done by the way!), the more I think he ran off. Young guy, couldn't handle the responsibility...felt trapped....not really in love with the wife...I really think he ran. And, I really bet his twin knows where he is, or went to. Mexico is my number one choice. Makes sense to me.

You know, anything is possible, but the more I focus on your research (well done by the way!), the more I think he ran off. Young guy, couldn't handle the responsibility...felt trapped....not really in love with the wife...I really think he ran. And, I really bet his twin knows where he is, or went to. Mexico is my number one choice. Makes sense to me.

I'm beginning to think the same thing, especially in light of the fact that that Johnnie Joe Herrera I found on Intelius is now listed as 62 as of yesterday (which would have been Johnnie's actual 62nd birthday). This guy on Intelius could only have had his birthday on February 16 or 17, because when I checked on the 15th, and his age was still 61.

I think, however, it's important to play devil's advocate too. Even if Johnnie did voluntarily run away, that doesn't meet he couldn't have met with foul play later on down the line, or just plain died of natural causes without his family knowing. He could still be a John Doe. And the man with identical name and age on Intelius could just be a coincidence as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back