CA CA - Judy Smithson, 21, Noth Hollywod, 1 Oct 1979

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Judy Lynn Smithson
Los Angeles County, California
21 year old white female

Height (inches)67.0
Weight (pounds)135.0

Hair: Brown; Shoulder Length
Eyes: Blue

Scar left knee
Scar right knee

TAT on Breast of a butterfly
TAT on abdomen is a heart

Pierced Ears

Vehicle: Known to drive a 1970's gray Cadillac, NOI.

The MP was last seen in California by her boyfriend.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/32729/

Since the investigating agency is listed on Namus as the Houston Police Dept I assume this is the same Judy Smithson for whom there is an entry on a family tree in Ancestry. This gives her DoB as 20 August 1958 in Texas and has her missing from Wichita Falls, Texas on 5 August 1979. I can find no explanation for the different details on the date and location of her going missing. It seems to require further digging.

Since the investigating agency is listed on Namus as the Houston Police Dept I assume this is the same Judy Smithson for whom there is an entry on a family tree in Ancestry. This gives her DoB as 20 August 1958 in Texas and has her missing from Wichita Falls, Texas on 5 August 1979. I can find no explanation for the different details on the date and location of her going missing. It seems to require further digging.
I looked at that after you mentioned it and attempted to find something in newspapers or reports but was unable to find anything. Do you know if there were any additional things out there on her case? I hate that it seems like it was mentioned but not ever had anything put into it.

I looked at that after you mentioned it and attempted to find something in newspapers or reports but was unable to find anything. Do you know if there were any additional things out there on her case? I hate that it seems like it was mentioned but not ever had anything put into it.
Hey everyone! I want to thank you all for continuing to look into this. While Judy and I aren't related by blood, I consider her mother and step-father my pseudo-grandparents. I just learned of Judy's story about a year ago from her parents. As you can imagine, the pain never fades and her MP case doesn't come up often in conversation. Unfortunately, her parents are both in poor health and their memory is not what it used to be. I have no relationship with Judy's twin sister, so I hesitate to reach out for more details.

The report was filed in Houston, as that is where her mother lived at the time Judy went missing. I'm unsure about the Ancestry or Wichita Falls information. However, I do know for certain that she was in North Hollywood living with her boyfriend. From my understanding of what they can remember, Judy had broken up with her boyfriend in California and was going to drive back home. This was opportune timing, as her mother and soon-to-be step-father were getting married in the next few days. She was going to make it back for the wedding. That was the last conversation Judy had with her mother, and she never made it for their wedding.

Her mother does recall being contacted by the FBI in reference to the MP case once, asking about her tattoos. Her mother thought she had no tattoos, but considering her age and the time, it appears she likely got them without telling her mom. The FBI never contacted Judy's mom again.

I know this isn't much to go on, but I've been researching for a year trying to find any leads I can. Hopefully anything I've said can be helpful as we all try to find out what happened to Judy.

Hey everyone! I want to thank you all for continuing to look into this. While Judy and I aren't related by blood, I consider her mother and step-father my pseudo-grandparents. I just learned of Judy's story about a year ago from her parents. As you can imagine, the pain never fades and her MP case doesn't come up often in conversation. Unfortunately, her parents are both in poor health and their memory is not what it used to be. I have no relationship with Judy's twin sister, so I hesitate to reach out for more details.

The report was filed in Houston, as that is where her mother lived at the time Judy went missing. I'm unsure about the Ancestry or Wichita Falls information. However, I do know for certain that she was in North Hollywood living with her boyfriend. From my understanding of what they can remember, Judy had broken up with her boyfriend in California and was going to drive back home. This was opportune timing, as her mother and soon-to-be step-father were getting married in the next few days. She was going to make it back for the wedding. That was the last conversation Judy had with her mother, and she never made it for their wedding.

Her mother does recall being contacted by the FBI in reference to the MP case once, asking about her tattoos. Her mother thought she had no tattoos, but considering her age and the time, it appears she likely got them without telling her mom. The FBI never contacted Judy's mom again.

I know this isn't much to go on, but I've been researching for a year trying to find any leads I can. Hopefully anything I've said can be helpful as we all try to find out what happened to Judy.

I have been digging a little deeper since getting your message. I have not found anything additional that would be helpful, but I do feel that the information you provided is very helpful. Thank you so much for that.
I know you said her parents do have a hard time remembering so it is not likely you would know this. Did they remember the boyfriends name?

I truly hate that there is so little information out there on her case. I originally looked at it because we share the same last name which isn't the most common, but I was saddened by the lack of information. I just continue to think about her and wonder.

There was an unidentified female found Near Kingman Arizona. If Judy was on her way home she would been traveling through that area, the primary highway at that time was Route 66.

Mohave Jane Doe 1979 UP7229 was found 12/10/79 and believed to have died months earlier.
She was said to be 5'7" and have brown hair that had red hair dye
It states she was believed to be 30-40 but that can sometimes be off

Do you happen to know if she has dental records available?

Sorry for the lack of responses! I've actually got a trip scheduled to Houston for this weekend to go and talk to Judy's parents. They've told me they have collected a lot of things over the years and have a book of information they are willing to share with me. Once I've had time to talk with them more in depth and take a look at everything, I'll come back with any findings!

Sorry for the lack of responses! I've actually got a trip scheduled to Houston for this weekend to go and talk to Judy's parents. They've told me they have collected a lot of things over the years and have a book of information they are willing to share with me. Once I've had time to talk with them more in depth and take a look at everything, I'll come back with any findings!
No problem at all. That would be amazing. Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy your time. Thank you

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back