CA - Juliana Redding, 21, murdered, Santa Monica, 15 March 2008

Just watched the 48 hours episode on Juliana's case, very sad for her family. I do not understand how and why Kelly Soo Park was found not guilty, her DNA was pretty much all over everything (Juliana's tank top, Kelly's fingerprint was found on a broken dish, Kelly's DNA was also found on Juliana's neck, etc...)

Don't forget her fingerprint in Juliana's blood on the broken plate, found in the sink.

I can't remember ever hearing, seeing, or reading about a case with so much DNA. Granted, I wasn't in the court room. So, what am I missing?

Don't forget her fingerprint in Juliana's blood on the broken plate, found in the sink.

I can't remember ever hearing, seeing, or reading about a case with so much DNA. Granted, I wasn't in the court room. So, what am I missing?

Yes, I knew there was something I forgot. The fingerprint - who would bring a plate from one house to another and not wash off the bloody fingerprint.

I think the prosecutor was blindsided by the defense DNA theory and did not really discount it for the jury. I also think the prosecutor thought they had a "slam dunk" with the DNA evidence so they really did not put on a big case against Kelly.

Prosecutors say at least a dozen fake doctors performed botched surgeries on patients in elaborate $150M fraud scheme that spanned a decade

Dr. Munir Uwaydah and 14 associates allegedly bilked insurance companies out of $150 million in the scheme

Uwaydah, 49, an orthopedic surgeon, was arrested in Germany on the 57-count indictment and awaits extradition

21 patients say they were told Uwaydah would perform surgery on them, only to have his uneducated physician's assistants scar them for life

Uwaydah's office assistant Kelly Soo Park was acquitted two years ago of strangling the doctor's ex-girlfriend aspiring model Juliana Redding

Park had been nicknamed 'female James Bond' by prosecutors who said she acted as Uwaydah's 'enforcer'

She has been arrested in the case and is being held on $18.5M bond

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aborate-150M-fraud-scheme-spanned-decade.html

Actually I think that Daily Mail article is wrong, I don't think Dr Uwaydah has been arrested. I have read a few articles in last day or two, will have to go back and see for sure.

What a travesty! Imo KSP and the doctor should be serving life without parole in a California prison.

What else was the prosecution supposed to present, a confession? An eye witness to the actual brutal assault, the 911 call, the death struggle, and the final neck breaking strangulation? This is right out of a horror movie.

The jury apparently believed that the murderer used a towel contaminated by KSP’s DNA to wipe up their own DNA. Really?!

Her DNA is on the door lock, in the kitchen, on JR’s collar, and her throat!
And KSP’s print is found in a drop of blood in the kitchen?! How does the defense contend THAT got there?

Then there’s KSP’s DNA on the gas knob of the stove/oven. Are they saying she was framed by the Doctor? Wouldn’t the killer’s DNA then be found somewhere?

Was she found “not guilty” or acquitted?aube the mean the same thing. Does that mean she can’t be tried again? I guess it’s case closed.

Where’s KSP now? Maybe if they can nail her for the fraud with the Doctor they can allow her to plead to lesser charges (2nd degree murder or something) in exchange for her testimony against the Doc.

Maybe I’m missing something, but this one shakes my faith in our justice system. Just hard to believe.

All jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77
Back