CA CA - Karen Tompkins, 11, Torrance, 18 Aug 1961

If Karen was Sharon's mother, I wonder who sharon's father would be? Some con at one of the flop houses????

Well this is what I got so far...But keep in mind now that's they are a big question now, That they don't know for sure even if they got the right DNA sample from Sharon Marshall or not??? They are people saying the DNA now could not be her DNA!!!!...If we don't have enough problem's with this case....DNA RULED OUT From Matt Birkbeck site, Jennifer Klein---Cheryl Hanson---Cynthia Sumpter---Sherry Lyn Johnson---Janice Pockett note:: janice is just about rule out by age too.......hope this little bit help's all you with your investigation

Can't they exhume Sharon to get her real DNA? Since she has no family, there's noone to object...

They have not tested Karen's/Sharon's DNA yet. When I spoke with the detective in Torrance he had never even heard of Sharon Marshall or Franklin Floyd. I sent him some info and pics and he went out immediately to buy "A Beautful Child". I haven't heard from him but today I sent him and Karen's sister Lori an email with some GREAT FINDS that Tuffy shared with me.
THANKS AGAIN TUFFY)

The detective told me that LE assumed the suspect in the Dorothy Gale Brown murder was also the person that abducted Karen. The common factor being the girls lived in the same area. The abductions were a year apart.

They were not aware that Franklin Floyd had been arrested in Los Angeles previously and served a sentence in a juvenile facility in Preston CA until his release in August 1961. They were not aware of the fact that upon his return to GA the following year, he abducted a 4 yr old girl from a bowling alley and raped & sodomized her. (Note: the final time Floyd was arrested for the charges that landed him on death row, one of the items in his possession was the CURRENT address and phone # of the now adult woman he abducted from the bowling alley 30 yrs prior).

As far as exhuming Sharon's body, the fact that there are no known family members is working against her. As far as LE is concerned, it's case closed. Floyd's in prison. Poor Suzanne/Sharon/Tonya is deceased. There was no proof Floyd killed her and since Floyd is already on death row I think LE considers it a waste of time to try to prosecute him. That's just my opinion.

Hopefully Karen's family will get LAPD or Torrance PD to request an exhumation.

Wish it would work that easy, Iam guessing but what I seen before somebody will have to come up with the money to exhume her plus you got to get state attorney general office to OK it....Then It's really up to the state if they will run a other DNA test on the sample or if the money will have to be privite rasied "like from us" because if I remember right the state say's they got the right DNA!!! Other people are the one's that saying that the state is wrong on this case...them DNA test are big buck's last I heard about them..You complete right this need's to be done but Iam thinking that the state know's this going to be a very hard case to solve so they keep this case way back on the back burner as they say in my part's of the country.....I can stand to be corrected on these statemant's because Iam not 100% sure about it...Iam thinking each state has little different laws when it come's to this type of problem...

We must been typing at the same time itsreenw:) Like I say I can stand to be corrected on this case.. What Iam going by on Sharon's Marshall's DNA is A Beautiful Child by Matt Birkbeck "paperback" look's like last printing on my book is August 2005, on page 271 they sayed Bodetech Lab's got 2 envelopes sent to Sharon's friend Jennifer Fisher send to her by Sharon Marshall..page 274 Bodetech were successful in extracting DNA from one of the stamp's from Sharon's envelopes she sent to Jennifer...page 277 Technicians from Bodetech found cross-contamination coming from number of sources including the glue, handling ect...page 278 you got Dr. Henry Lee in 1995 getting tissue sample's from Sharon's autopsy in 1990, and then 3 month's later Oklahoma City police find's 2 vials of Sharon's blood and Hair sample's in storage taken when she died in 1990...In May 2004 Bodetech DNA testing confirmed that Sharon Marshall was not Sherri Lynn Johnson...Page 282 March 2005 curious and disturbing development's concerning Sharon's blood samples arose concerning the validity of the blood sample's, specifically whether it was really Sharon's blood or not.............I just did not want you to get the wrong idea To say the least this case got more turn's and twist's in it I ever seen...I just didnot want you get the wrong idea I was trying to talk to you ..noway I don't know if you read that book but it's hard to try to keep up with too...Like I say I can stand to be corrected on this case..We was typing I think at the same time and I didn't want any hard feeling from you.. little innocent mistake....

Hey Welder,

Good to see ya! Never any hard feelings between us, I enjoy your posts too much. And besides that, you had more info than me, so thanks. Remember you are supposed to be updating me as you read the book because I have totally forgotten most of what I read :D

I know that Karen's DNA is available and I suggested that Torrance PD do a comparison with Sharon's. Torrance PD is not in charge of the case though. Reading through my emails, I saw that Det Delsigne of Torrance was at a conference (related to something else) with the LAPD detective that's in charge of Karen's case. He stated that she mentioned she and I had been in contact but that is not true.

I don't know if someone else from WS has contacted LAPD but I tried several times to reach someone and never rec'd a call back. I am going to try to contact her again now that more people are showing an interest in Karen's case.

Mooner, I still wonder about David Dial being her father. Although he has been ruled out by LE, I don't think DNA was ever done on him and they sure look alike.

You had me sweating:) ....You know me I try my best not to make anybody upset over anything....I tell you what you got I think a very good maybe match...Time, Place, Photo, I thought about Karen too but for some reason I could not put it all together like you did. We got this blame question about DNA now over this case...If anybody in this world I like to take to a "Torture Chamber" Franklin Floyd has to be #1 on my list...Myself I think we only getting 10 to 20% of what that Monster really did to little kid's, I like to know everything he did ...He would not do it to Adult's his own size because he knowed what happen to him if he did...he should dye a slow painfull death i think..

I emailed Karen's sister Lori with some info Tuffy gave me and this was her reply: Aug. 15, 2006

Thank you for the info. I have passed on all this info
to our Detective at the LAPD. She has contacted the
FBI about Sharon Marshall & gotten the run around,
They tell her the case is not assigned to anyone now.
As far as I know they have not called her back.
Just a reminder. Karen's anniversary of being taken
is August 18th. (45 years).
Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts,
Please tell everyone at Websleuths Thanks also.
Lori Buck

Since Matt Birkbeck is familiar with the FBI agents that were on Sharon's case I am going to forward him the info and ask if he will contact someone about this.

This is a lifesize wagon like the replicas Karen was carrying home from school.

http://us.f806.mail.yahoo.com/ym/us/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=5855_36364592_41783_1571_815753_0_102702_1091078_2021289651&bodyPart=1.2.2&YY=21135&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=up&sort=sender&=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=46
courtesy of Tuffy

tuffy said:
I found some 23 news paper with accounts of the disapperance of Karen, as much as I can gather there were several different ways she could have walked a little less then four blk.the most interesting is the school yard photo in the paper shows an area just back of the school that was under constrution....shown by photos as they tried walking her dog to see if he could pick up a scent.....
I will put these on as soon as I can get them off my clip board......
The photo of karen was taken the year before she disappered and is from the Press Telegram in Long Beach California...other news papers carried the story....LATimes The Breeze,Orange County edition of the LA times....as far inland as Freseno.....

Attachments

• karen and mike 1961.gif
    karen and mike 1961.gif
    58.3 KB · Views: 71
tuffy said:
I found some disapperance of Karen, as much as I can gather there were several different ways she could have walked a little less then four blk.the most interesting is the school yard photo in the paper shows an area just back of the school that was under constrution....shown by photos as they tried walking her dog to see if he could pick up a scent.....
I will put these on as soon as I can get them off my clip board......
Makeing some progress with these news papers off my clip board.....this is the area behind karens school that was a short cut to her house.

Attachments

• back of schooll+karen.jpg
    back of schooll+karen.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 69
Hi all,

I have not been able to access the net and still can't access my email so please don't think I've abandoned you. PC is being fixed now. I'll be back soon

Does anyone have that tape I read that a few may have taped the story on sharon.........
Please I will pay for a copy and mailing.Imust see this and or how I can get one from the studio of Court TV
Please
Tuffy

The Post I viewed was from 2005....for that Story about Sharon Marshall....
I have called Court Tv ...
Title was......Pattern of Deception...

IT WAS ON AGAIN 10 DAYS AGO
AND WAS RAN AS THE TECH THAT TAKES PHONE IN ORDERS RECALLS BECOUSE
FDF...FLOYD HAD DIED
AUGUST 25TH 2006 DATE OF COURT TV
AIRING........
SOMEONE PLEASE FIND OUT ABOUT FDF.

COURT TV....877-871-6469 order tapes
can not order this one about Sharon
have to find out (who it was that made the originial) Court TV only got rights to air .....
TUFFY

Thank you for seeing about my post.....as i said I called Court TV to find the Sharon Marshall story...and the tech. that takes orders had said that....
It would be ok!except I do not think God! is done with him.....
Thank you again for your checking it out....

Tuffy

So where is Franlkin Floyd now? Dead or locked up? What a wierd case.

Nocgirl said:
So where is Franlkin Floyd now? Dead or locked up? What a wierd case.
Franklin Floyd is on death row in Florida for the murder of Cheryl Commisso. He corresponds regularly with a prior Websleuths member named Hollow. His letters go from one extreme to the next. First he is kind then in another letter he uses profanity throughout and calls her "B*tch" instead of using her name to address her.

Hollow is trying to see if she can get him comfortable enough with her to let down his guard and possibly give a hint of where Sharon's son Michael is buried and where Sharon came from.

So far he has only asked her to do things for him like senda books of stamps, send money and the book "A Beautiful Child" by Matt Birkbeck, I strongly suggest anyone new to Sharon's case to read the archived threads here and try to get the book. It is bizarre to say the least and they moved around so much that it is hard to keep track of what names they used in which state.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back