CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so on second thought, KG could have unbuckled, stood up, reached over and jerked the wheel... she wouldn’t have had a clear line of sight of the road from the back seat to begin with.. but, OK. Still possible.
I roll my eyes each time I see that she left a “party.” She got picked up at 9pm? What time did she call? 8:30? Wouldn’t call that a party... but
I’m imagining that instead of going home after school, she told SM she was going to a football game later in the evening so she’d miss the bus and get a ride home with a friend or call for a ride later.
This gives Karlie from whatever time she left school until pick up to... intoxicate.
We’ve talked a lot about weed + lsd/acid /meth/heroine... but IMO, this could be alcohol and marijuana. Alcohol is incredibly easy to get for a 16 year old and she obviously wouldn’t be used to the affects of mixing alcohol with marijuana. She may have been blacked out and completely out of character... jerked the wheel, called Melissa “mom” (per Melissa statement on Dr Phil episode), joked about “devils lettuce.” Frightened by her friends and family, etc. KG might have been blacked out drunk and high and thrown up and suffocated.
I can’t imagine that she would have taken off on her own volition without her car, money, or cell phone. It would have been a horrible coincidence that a stranger would have stopped and she would have trusted them enough to get in their car, etc.

After all this time, MG and ZG are STILL annoyed that Karlie lied about the football game? That’s the least of your problems.
She made it home that night... by 9pm. Get real.

@bwt42 That comment number doesn't coincide. It was either deleted or because others were, the numbers are out of sync.
If at all possible, could you direct me to where other party members are speaking about the goings-on at the party?
Your reference to KG having a head injury at the party - that's quite possible, in fact. We don't KNOW anything.
I appreciate sarcasm as much as the next guy but sometimes it's unnecessary.

If anyone else can direct me toward what @bwt42 was referring, I'd appreciate it. Just don't link to it if it's a closed account. Thanks.
Yes. It has turned into post #1173 on thread #1

Okay, so on second thought, KG could have unbuckled, stood up, reached over and jerked the wheel... she wouldn’t have had a clear line of sight of the road from the back seat to begin with.. but, OK. Still possible.
I roll my eyes each time I see that she left a “party.” She got picked up at 9pm? What time did she call? 8:30? Wouldn’t call that a party... but
I’m imagining that instead of going home after school, she told SM she was going to a football game later in the evening so she’d miss the bus and get a ride home with a friend or call for a ride later.
This gives Karlie from whatever time she left school until pick up to... intoxicate.
We’ve talked a lot about weed + lsd/acid /meth/heroine... but IMO, this could be alcohol and marijuana. Alcohol is incredibly easy to get for a 16 year old and she obviously wouldn’t be used to the affects of mixing alcohol with marijuana. She may have been blacked out and completely out of character... jerked the wheel, called Melissa “mom” (per Melissa statement on Dr Phil episode), joked about “devils lettuce.” Frightened by her friends and family, etc. KG might have been blacked out drunk and high and thrown up and suffocated.
I can’t imagine that she would have taken off on her own volition without her car, money, or cell phone. It would have been a horrible coincidence that a stranger would have stopped and she would have trusted them enough to get in their car, etc.

After all this time, MG and ZG are STILL annoyed that Karlie lied about the football game? That’s the least of your problems.
She made it home that night... by 9pm. Get real.
Maybe but if she had been black out drunk at 8:30pm I just cannot see her still being awake at 5:30am. That would mean her being up all night and the morning sightings would be not true. She would have passed out soon after the audio recording was made, whatever time that was.

Is it permissible to ask for guidance to a facebook page that may be private?
Do we have a member messaging function?

There is a messaging area. Private messages are referred to as 'conversations'. Go to your inbox at the top right corner and select 'start a conversation' from the drop down box. You can have a group conversation with up to 20 members in the private area. Information that is against our TOS can be discussed there. Conversations are not moderated. You may ask for guidance to facebook pages in the conversation area.

Discussing conversations out in the public board is not permitted and will be removed. Moreover, posts asking to be invited or included in the group will also be removed.

If you are still peeking in, I would like to know if we can use Karlie's mother's Facebook page as it has basically become a source for info on Karlie as well as official statements such as a letter of a complaint against the sheriff. I don't see any private info that would lead to any sleuthing of her and of course we should ignore open comments just like any search site.

No, personal facebook pages belonging to family members are not allowed even if they are public. We are not allowed to discuss information found on those pages or reference them. The mother's facebook page was never an 'official' Help Find type of page.

They are public. They are on youtube. I posted a link. Go to google or youtube and search her live videos.

Random youtube videos for cases are not allowed unless posted from a news source, law enforcement or mainstream media.

Kind of not thinking alcohol was involved but anything is certainly possible. For one, I think the combined effects of the alcohol and MJ would have made her sleepy, and secondly, alcohol would mostly ‘help’ her if she was too high IMO. I know SWIM would do just that back when she smoked and knew she had smoked a bit too much and started to feel anxious: Grab a beer or have a drink or two to lessen the effects, calm her down, and make the high end faster.

IMO MOO

Its a really hard case to discuss as most of the info coming out is on FB pages and Youtube. We can't discuss BM's page or MG official find Karlie page as it is set to private. She has taken a lot of heat for making it private, but she says she did it because of "trolls". If it was ME I would leave it public no matter how many trolls there were

https://www.investigationdiscovery....se-16-missing-went-for-a-walk-and-disappeared

3/22/19

CHALFANT, CA — Sometime before dawn on October 13, 2018, Karlie Guse disappeared from her home in California. The 16-year-old had reportedly spent the previous evening hanging out with friends and, after saying she didn’t feel good, calling her stepmother Melissa for a ride home at around 9 P.M.

From there, Melissa said, Karlie ate dinner and went to bed. Zachary Guse, Karlie’s father, later remarked that his daughter seemed “disoriented” before going to sleep. The next morning, Melissa said she saw Karlie in her room at about 5:45, but when she checked back a little later, the teenager was gone.
[...]
On Facebook, the Mono County Sheriff’s Office posted, “We have deployed multiple resources, including helicopters, search dogs, Search and Rescue teams and off-road vehicles, to thoroughly search the surrounding neighborhoods and high-desert terrain. Interviews of family and friends have been conducted, as well as forensic investigation into her social media and electronic devices.”

Sheriff Ingrid Braun went on to add this is still a missing person investigation and there is a deputy dedicated to finding Karlie and following up with leads.

ETA: Time to rebuild approved sources/links to develop timeline. Also, don't know if KG will be featured on ID/John Walsh??

I wasn't familiar with Karlie Guse until I watched Dr. Phil. As I was listening to the description of Karlie, it reminded me of what happened to me when I was a teenager. We were all hanging out, and some guy handed me a beer and asked if I wanted some of it. I pretended to drink some of it and actually only took a very small sip.

I later discovered that it had been spiked with LSD. That very small sip had me acting paranoid and hallucinating. This guy gave my girlfriend and me a ride home. I thought that I was actually inside my house when I was still in his car. I can remember it pretty well even though this happened over 45 years ago.

If Karlie had been handed a beer laced with LSD and drank more than a sip of it, she would have had much worse reactions than I had, with severe paranoia and severe hallucinations. I really think that this is what happened to her.

The police need to vigorously question all those who were around her that night to at least get to the bottom of this. That won't bring Karlie home; however, it would provide some answers. I really don't think that she is alive, unfortunately.

Even though I thought that the stepmother and father acted pretty weird during the interview, I don't think that either had anything to do with her disappearance. I only wish, in hindsight, they had taken here to the E.R.

Hopefully, this is a cautionary tale for other parents who may experience something like this in the future.

Reposting a post I made October 25th on Karlie’s thread #1 and would like to hear other people’s thoughts now that we have so many new people following this case
“I'm convinced this is what happened (Karlie was given a sleeping pill/anti anxiety medication by SM or someone else to try to get her to calm down and sleep). The night before my SATs my mom gave me an Ambien because I was having horrible anxiety and I could not sleep which was making the anxiety even worse. I had never taken it before but both my parents had prescriptions at the time and take it from time to time with no issues. My mom found me at 2 am downstairs on the family desktop computer trying to use Instant Messenger. I also still to this day can see the image of a little girl sitting on the floor in the corner of the room (wasn't there- I was hallucinating). I think it is completely possible step mom gave KG something to help her sleep, anything- prescription or not, and KG had a bad reaction to it and wandered out of the house-not knowing what she was doing, almost like in a trance/sleep walking.”
It’s been 5 months since I made this post and I’ve gone back and forth about what happened but now I’m thinking this is definitely a possibility

Reposting a post I made October 25th on Karlie’s thread #1 and would like to hear other people’s thoughts now that we have so many new people following this case
“I'm convinced this is what happened (Karlie was given a sleeping pill/anti anxiety medication by SM or someone else to try to get her to calm down and sleep). The night before my SATs my mom gave me an Ambien because I was having horrible anxiety and I could not sleep which was making the anxiety even worse. I had never taken it before but both my parents had prescriptions at the time and take it from time to time with no issues. My mom found me at 2 am downstairs on the family desktop computer trying to use Instant Messenger. I also still to this day can see the image of a little girl sitting on the floor in the corner of the room (wasn't there- I was hallucinating). I think it is completely possible step mom gave KG something to help her sleep, anything- prescription or not, and KG had a bad reaction to it and wandered out of the house-not knowing what she was doing, almost like in a trance/sleep walking.”
It’s been 5 months since I made this post and I’ve gone back and forth about what happened but now I’m thinking this is definitely a possibility
This is a good theory! I take Ambien myself; it certainly does make people do strange things. I myself have done weird things. Maybe this happened, OR perhaps SM gave her something to help with the anxiety and sleeplessness (sleeping pill as you suggested, benzodiazepines, etc.) and it reacted badly with whatever drugs she already had in her system and caused her subsequent death.

IMO MOO

Bring Karlie Guse Home‏ @bringkarliehome
Thank you @john_walsh. Watch In Pursuit tonight, #KarlieGuse will be featured in the missing child portion of their show.
2764.png
#BringKarlieHome https://www.facebook.com/324429978384433/posts/407209390106491/?sfnsn=mo …

5:41 PM - 27 Mar 2019 pst

We can speculate all day on what she was actually on. <modsnipped> If we take LE’s word that they checked out the witnesses and are credible, then she left on foot in the early morning hours. Most likely she got farther than anyone expected and they were looking too close to home. I would like to map out the direction she was headed with a brisk speed and see how far she could have gotten.

Also something that always stood out to me was the witness that saw her behind the barbed wire fence. How can that be? I’d like to check out that area as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member