CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
My working theory is that what SM said happened is true up until the early morning hours. I think SM was so fed up with Karlie by that point and she kicked her out of the house not allowing her to take her cell phone. Hence the conflicting stories of where the cell phone was left behind. Karlie takes off on foot still experiencing the effects of whatever she was on. At this point she’s also starting to experience dehydration. Melissa takes off to get her, perhaps out of guilt or she’s still enraged. But Karlie has gotten farther than anyone expected. SM spends time looking for her before alerting anyone of her being missing. SM finally alerts dad who is confused as all heck on what’s going on and once they realize SM could be in trouble they concoct a story as to free themselves of any wrongdoing. She got farther than expected and succumbed to the elements. Or perhaps they just didn’t find her. That happens a lot. One case I read the police searched an area 8 times and didn’t find the body that the suspect eventually led them to. Finding a body is not easy. MOO
But this would be a good theory otherwise!

To me i see nothing to suggest that LE hasn't done a thorough job.

Also, there is zero evidence that she was merely considered a runaway. LE has never stated that. Only the dad and SM have.

The FBI and NCMEC got involved two weeks after she went missing.
Karlie Gusé Update: FBI, NCMEC joins search for missing girl who may have walked away ‘disoriented’

"Despite an extensive air and ground search, an investigation by local law enforcement and the FBI, and nationwide publicity, no clues have surfaced in the mysterious case.

Last weekend the sheriff’s office in Mono County, California, which is leading the investigation, searched the desert with cadaver-sniffing dogs.

But when Zac phoned Lindsay, she urged him to call the police, so he dialed 911. That afternoon the Mono County sheriff’s office launched a search and rescue operation.

According to Sgt. Clark, the weeklong effort involved multiple helicopters, half-a-dozen scent dogs and upward of 60 personnel.

Rex Hamilton, a neighbor who watched the search unfold, told the Review-Journal, “This is a quiet little community, but for a few days it was like ground zero up here.”

The sheriff’s office also enlisted help from the FBI in analyzing cellphone data and pursing leads."
Search continues for California teen Karlie Gusé
A voice of sanity. thanks

How do we know any of thatfor sure though? What I've seen reported and even confirmed by neighbors and by the Guse's points to an extensive and exhaustive search and investigation involving the FBI and NCMEC and search warrants and heat seeking helicopters, drones, cadaver dogs and 60 personnel.

Is it going to be perfect? No. Of course not. In the early stages they aren't going to seal the home and treat it like a crime scene because 9.999999 times out of 10, the kid took off and is found.

I kind of think the parents have planted the idea that LE doesn't know what it is doing and has erroneously categorized this as a runaway so they're not taking it seriously.

That could be how they feel or it could be great way to try to shift eyes from them onto LE who for many reasons can't and aren't going to give us any information.

But everything I've seen points to a major operation and that LE took this super seriously.

What evidence do we have that dad is friends woruna sheriff? What evidence do we have that there is only one investigator on the case who is only a parole officer? (In smaller areas it makes sense that there would be multiple job descriptions for one official but that doesn't point to incompetence IMO).

I'm not trying to be a pain. Just want to keep things straight and try to separate opinion from fact a bit.
GOOD LUCK

Somebody please give bwt42 a link.
Yes. According to TOS a poster must provide a verifiable link to back up their statements. As an example, when a poster says the investigation is being handled by a parole officer they should back that up with a msm article that states that. Simple.

From the video transcript posted upthread:

50:53 LINDSAY FAIRLEY When Karlie was picked up by stepmom, Karlie was scared to get in her car and said she was scared she was going to kill her.One point Karlie reached to the front seat and grabbed the steering wheel.
Why was Karlie in the back seat?

Karlie overdosed in her home and Zac and Melissa covered it up out of concern they would be liable in her passing. A series of bad judgment calls were made in those early hours and it is why Melissa can’t keep her story straight.
MOOO

There is no data to support overdose/death related to any of these drugs put out as possibilities so far:

Marijuana (THC)
Marijuana Overdose: Is It Even Possible to Die from Cannabis?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/cannabis-overdose-toxicity-marijuana-1.4816654

Of note is the potency and effects of marijuana edibles, as you can take in a very high dose of thc versus smoking over a short period of time. This can easily make you sick or feel like you're going to die while not being caused by real physical toxicity(I've had this experience).

LSD
The way LSD interacts with the body makes it extremely unlikely to die as a direct result and there is no known overdose or toxicity level (you might jump off a cliff while hallucinating, but it is the fall that kills you)
https://www.drugpolicy.org/sites/default/files/LSD_Facts_Sheet.pdf
https://maps.org/research-archive/w3pb/2008/2008_Passie_23067_1.pdf

Other potential psychedelics like shrooms, MDMA or its derivatives also have no overdose evidence.

I personally conclude from this that she did not die of an overdose if she indeed was under the influence of one of these, or if she did, that she was on meth, K2 or bath salts. I can't see her doing these when marijuana is readily available. If she s dead, it is because she was killed IMO.

Somebody please give bwt42 a link.
In reference to the lawyers appearing 20 minutes before the taping, Lindsay posted a statement about it on her facebook page. It is tricky because we technically can't post a link to facebook pages of family members, but her personal page has somewhat taken on the form of a support page and of course any statement from family members regarding the case can be discussed.

I will reach out to a mod to make it an allowed page.

But as other posters have mentioned, while we can discuss the statements and inconsistencies, we can't really jump into theory mode about a family member unless named as a subject. A fine line.

Look up officer Scobie in Mono County. He is the one assigned to “investigate”.

How do you know this? What is your source? Mono County Sheriff's department doesn't have officers btw. They have deputies. Although it appears an officer Scobie left the Mono Lakes PD to become a deputy with MSD in 2013.

But how do you know that's who is heading this very important investigation?

Google him? Or read the complaint against Mono County?

You need to link to any complaint. You can post statements of fact here without back up.

Also, I asked before and you said they filed something requesting to be able to file a complaint. Which is standard procedure when trying to sue LE. But that's not a complaint.

In reference to the lawyers appearing 20 minutes before the taping, Lindsay posted a statement about it on her facebook page. It is tricky because we technically can't post a link to facebook pages of family members, but her personal page has somewhat taken on the form of a support page and of course any statement from family members regarding the case can be discussed.

I will reach out to a mod to make it an allowed page.

But as other posters have mentioned, while we can discuss the statements and inconsistencies, we can't really jump into theory mode about a family member unless named as a subject. A fine line.
I understand this. I was referring to the fact that they had requested a link several times. Thanks.

GOOD LUCK

Yeah we've got new members. It might take a bit to sort out the rules.

Ya'll this isn't Facebook. We have to have back up to anything that's stated as fact. There's a difference between "My belief is that she overdosed and they hid the body" and "SM watched her die and hid the body."

The reason we get crazy about that is because in years in websleuths opinion becomes treated as fact when not stated as opinion and frankly, more han half the time the supposed "facts" are incorrect. It just happens.

So we try to have a clean board so people know they can rely on what's stated here. You know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti