Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where do you think it's plausible she went into the water at?
If I HAD to pick? Here. It's the ONLY body of water near a curve within the 25 minute radius of when she said she was leaving and the last ping. The blue line is the road, if she took the route the GPS says (hypothetical), she would have had to take. Even taking backroads to avoid the expressway, this appears to be the only road that leads to where she lives.

Screenshot 2022-08-09 11.58.56 PM.png

Went on my run and basically did a quick tour of where some of these sites are. Beautiful 6 mile run.... basically my backyard.

This is where the kids were camping. There were fire scars in the dirt. I don't know if was from them?!?View attachment 358731View attachment 358732
View attachment 358730

This one of the dirt roads to get to the campsite
View attachment 358733

For reference, this is the Family Campground

View attachment 358734

This the access to the boat ramp.

View attachment 358735

View attachment 358736

Views of the Water from the boat Ramp area

View attachment 358737

View attachment 358737

View attachment 358738

Finally the view of Prosser before I enter back into my hood

View attachment 358729

Certainly looks like someone could drive right off that boat ramp, in the dark of the night, with their vision and senses impaired. It has a very 'road like' access. Just looks like a continuation of the road. IYKWIM

Thanks for the photos.

I wonder how quickly the reservoir drops in depth. I looked at some info about it, and it seems that it is pretty deep.

^ That ramp access looks ominous. Straight into the lake. Imagine that in the middle of the night.
I was talking to my neighbor after my run… on Sat morning he went stand up paddling from the boat launch. When he got there 9am, there was a kind of a rundown truck stuck in the mud next the boat ramp with no license plates, NRA stickers etc. I asked if he reported it and he hadn’t…. He figured people already reported it. I told him to report it anyway….

The only thing I’m thinking is if that ramp access she went in, they would’ve found the car or her. I don’t think she is in the water.
We don't know yet. They searched today. I'd think they would have a finding now, one way or another.
If they found the car, we won't be privy till tomorrow after family is informed.
I dread a PC tomorrow if there is one.

I was talking to my neighbor after my run… on Sat morning he went stand up paddling from the boat launch. When he got there 9am, there was a kind of a rundown truck stuck in the mud next the boat ramp with no license plates, NRA stickers etc. I asked if he reported it and he hadn’t…. He figured people already reported it. I told him to report it anyway….
Wow! It sounds like it must have made an impression on him to remember the specifics of the truck this many days out. Good on you to encourage him to report it!
Makes you wonder how many other tips may be out there unreported.

I've seen other cases where cars ended up taking a wrong turn at night and went into water from boat ramps.

So that would be the first place that makes sense to me. There wouldn't necessarily be any signs or evidence of an accident in that event, either...no offroad tire tracks, skid marks, damaged rails, trees, etc.

Any and all boat ramp areas really need to be searched. Glad to hear that it sounds like they were at one today.

JMO.

The only thing I’m thinking is if that ramp access she went in, they would’ve found the car or her. I don’t think she is in the water.

BBM. I agree. There are many cases where vehicles end up in water. Sometimes not found for decades as we've seen on WS. There are many cases we talk about on WS wondering if people are in water somewhere. Cars can be overturned, sink in the mud. If a lot of silt or debris was disturbed during an accident, once it settled it could obscure a vehicle. Sometimes cars can end up pretty far out as well. Even taking a corner too sharply, overcorrecting, and skidding out can send a car far into a body of water, sadly.

According to the presser transcribed earlier, they want even second hand information if the original witness doesn’t (want to) report it. So it would be OK for you to turn in the info to the tip line yourself. I never assume others have already reported something because chances are they haven’t. :)

We don't know yet. They searched today. I'd think they would have a finding now, one way or another.
If they found the car, we won't be privy till tomorrow after family is informed.
I dread a PC tomorrow if there is one.

I agree with this.

We have no idea what the bottom of the reservoir is like. If her vehicle did go into the reservoir at the boat ramp, it could have flipped and rolled, landing in sediment. The bottom is probably not even; there may be deeper areas where they haven't searched yet.

Grim thoughts; I hated typing this.

ETA: I see the Reservoir was created between 1959 and 1962. Does one of our locals know if existing foliage (trees, brush) was removed when the area was flooded? If not, then there still may be tree branches or brush that could further obscure the vehicle.

Prosser Creek Dam - Wikipedia.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Attachments

• 9DB42609-00A6-4E76-BBE9-D0C29CB4B872.jpg
    9DB42609-00A6-4E76-BBE9-D0C29CB4B872.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics