Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
KOLO8 just posted this on their site but no mention of live streaming but I would check there and other local news sites just in case, as well as Placer County Sheriff.

Oh, how I wish these girls would have followed girl code. I know it pertains to bar hopping but is still somewhat applicable. I had this on my fridge for my girls and older granddaughter when they were back in their party days. I need to practice prudence and print it off again for my young not-yet-a-woman teen granddaughter.
View attachment 358590

This is golden....as in the golden rule. Thanks for sharing. I have forwarded it to all my girls & girlfriends.
****GIRL POWER****

Now Sami Smith and Magdalene Larson, two friends of missing 16-year-old Kiely Rodni, have vowed to keep looking.

They described Kiely as the girl who would text and Snapchat. She wouldn't go without checking in or run away.

Kiely graduated in June from Forest Charter School, a public school in Truckee of about 700 students. An honors student, she graduated early after skipping a grade and plans to study music in the fall at Sierra College.

Friends said Kiely was in good spirits and having fun that night at the Prosser Family Campground 35 miles west of Reno.

Magdalene left the party early, after less than 30 minutes. She and Kiely had planned to leave for a camping trip the next morning.

"I just want her back," Magdalene said.

Sami caught a ride home with another friend around midnight.

"It was just people everywhere," Sami said about the party.

She said Kiely called her.

"Hey where are you?" Kiely asked.

"I got at ride. Don't worry," Sami told her. "I love you."
One additional note from the article, which some have asked about, indicates Kiely's car was parked less than a 100 yards from the main party area.

"Sami said Kiely’s car was parked less than 100 yards from where she and other teens had gathered at Prosser."

Okay I am finally caught up on this thread. I have followed many missing persons cases and never been annoyed as much as I am with this one. How could there be damn near 300 people at this party and NOT one of them see this girl or her car leave? I just don't understand it.

Also my best friend is from California she said this area has a low crime rate and there are so many body's of water around. She thinks Kiely tried to drive home and got into accident which is why they can't find her car because it's in one of the lakes.
MOO: I think (if she did meet with foul-play) her car didn't leave until much later. She knew she was too intoxicated to drive and went to her car to sleep it off. Someone attacked her when it was far less crowded.

Unfortunately, the most likely scenario is she is in the water and the victim of an accident.

Different version of events now...

"Sami Smith said she was the last person to speak with her at the party early Saturday morning.

"She was having a fun time at the party, just being a teenager," Smith said.

And she said she believes the party was safe.

"Everything she drank I drank out of, and there was nothing that seemed off about her," Smith said."

I think it's about time to get boats and divers into Prosser Reservoir and the ponds along Cold Creek Road.
Past time. And why? Do they have info suggesting she and the car are not in the water?

Panoramic view of Prosser Creek Reservoir from atop the dam

"Sami Smith said she was the last person to speak with her at the party early Saturday morning.

"Everything she drank I drank out of, and there was nothing that seemed off about her," Smith said."

I would disagree with her that the party was safe. Considering it would appear someone may have lost her life one way or another.

Lol very different. Those initial statements made her look bad, as she admitted to leaving her drunk friend behind in a dangerous situation.

I'm sure this is damage control.

A different day a different story. Not liking this.

I grew up in a small town. Yes, kids drink. I know she seemed young, but it was not uncommon for kids to go out drinking and partying as an activity living in rural areas. A lot of kids are very responsible about it. They know their limits, stick together, don't drink and drive, etc. In many countries the drinking age is 14, 15, 16. So, being 21, is not some magical age of reason and maturity. This being said, younger folks do sometimes act impulsively or misjudge situations. This includes driving abilities, time needed to stop, speeds, and hazards. The point being, I see a lot of "why was she drinking" and "why were the parents ok she was drinking", as a parent, I would rather know and guide my kid than have the kiddo hide it, make poorer choices that can snowball.

I agree. Kids,for the most part, if given a little trust and freedom don't tend to be quite as irresponsible as the ones who have stricter rules,and feel they have to do something to the extreme as they might not get another chance,so a kid who's parents don't mind them having a couple of beers or whatever and trust them to be somewhat sensible about it don't feel the need to take it to such extremes,it's also not as much fun if it's not taboo in my experience at least.
My own Mum was very lenient, too lenient imo now I'm an adult, and I never took anything to extremes.
My Dad was stricter and I would do stuff just to push his uptight buttons!.

I agree. Kids,for the most part, if given a little trust and freedom don't tend to be quite as irresponsible as the ones who have stricter rules,and feel they have to do something to the extreme as they might not get another chance,so a kid who's parents don't mind them having a couple of beers or whatever and trust them to be somewhat sensible about it don't feel the need to take it to such extremes,it's also not as much fun if it's not taboo in my experience at least.
My own Mum was very lenient, too lenient imo now I'm an adult, and I never took anything to extremes.
My Dad was stricter and I would do stuff just to push his uptight buttons!.

It took me a long time, decades really, to learn: Nothing Good Happens After Midnight

An extremely true statement, IMHO.

Lol very different. Those initial statements made her look bad, as she admitted to leaving her drunk friend behind in a dangerous situation.

I'm sure this is damage control.
The family might be better off to hire an actual PR person to run point on this. Or at least an adult. The shifting narrative coming directly from the teenage head of their camp raises eyebrows for sure. IMO

The family might be better off to hire an actual PR person to run point on this. Or at least an adult. The shifting narrative coming directly from the teenage head of their camp raises eyebrows for sure. IMO

There is also a substantial reward of $50K (at this point), and I would rather have a neutral, adult party running the show.

I also don't trust the words of this friend; first had a bad feeling about the people in the party, then said the party was safe. I think she might've also lied about talking to K last at 12:36am, hope they checked the call record. And I'm having doubts about K's text to her mom. idk, maybe someone used her phone to text, or she was forced to text.
And hope LE checked the Ring Neighbors posted on twitter, is it a coincidence? it looks suspicious to me, or at least this girl being chased was in trouble.

You are one sharp cookie that's what I was just thinking. I believe both of your last points to be spot on. As for myself I was following this since the first day hoping it was a runaway. At least in my mind she'd be alive. However looking back at 16 I'd be scared to death the FBI was investigating because I ran away. I would have shown up at a local police station by now.

Also age similarity laws tell me this likely isn't a runaway with an older college male because it might be legal. <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member