When did KR's car go into Prosser Lake?
If KR simply drove from the party and accidentally into the lake, the answer is sometime early 8/6.
Possible foul play scenarios are not that simple - anything could have happened and we can not know what or when.
The fact LE did not find KR's car, while possibly due to lack of sonar expertise, etc., could be due to it not being there
So I tediously went back through the Placer County Sheriff Office Posts (8/6 - 8/23); Pressers (8/10, 8/12, 8/13, 8/15); and Community Meeting (8/10) on their FB page
* looking for any info on water searches. Below is what I found.
Note1: Only one post specified Prosser Lake and at the 8/10 Community Meeting Stampede and Boca Lakes were mentioned.
- 8/9 (first water search)
- 8/10 - 8/11 (dates not specified, but water searches referenced in written updates)
- 8/12 (1 dive team)
- 8/13 (2 dive teams) - at Prosser
- 8/17 (1 dive team)
- 8/18 (1 dive team)
Note2: AWP announced they were heading to Truckee on 8/16 - they said they were arriving 8/19 in the evening (**) - they searched Prosser Lake 8/21.
Note3: I have seen mention in SM that LE searched Prosser 8/9 and 8/10 but could not find that specifically referenced in LE's public material.
So if something nefarious happened to KR - either the night of the party or days later (e.g. abduction), IMO, we might have two time periods of opportunity for a perpetrator(s) to put KR's car into the lake during early, dark, morning hours:
1) 8/6 - 9 (~1-3am), from late the night of the party to before the first active LE water search on 8/9.
2) 8/14 - 16 (~1-3am), a period LE did not search water to before AWP announced they were heading to Truckee.
** Adventures With Purpose: Who are the divers who discovered body in search for Kiely Rodni?