Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

With or without the firecam footage (which I believe does show Kiely driving to that lake, due to timing and the fact it was her car that was found on that exact place) I think going back to "roadside-Nick's" experience is pointless. This was ruled accident. I believe he believed he saw Kiely (and her boyfriend), but the facts we know point otherwise. If there was any chance it was Kiely and/or her vehicle, the LE would know, because the towtruck had camera and the footage has been turned in, not to mention all the other info they must collect when encountering a customer. I doubt LE would rule it accidental just like that if it was proven she/her vehicle was there the next day.

Thank you. I hope it is clear I am not, and never was, suggesting there was "fake" footage, or any dishonest editing. I was referring to the the video Gemmie linked to, which is edited. As I said originally, I do not think the creator edited it with any intention other than to clean it up. I would assume LE has greater capacity to enhance this footage?

My thinking is in the plainest way: How can I be certain this is Kiely, in her vehicle, entering the water? We cannot see the actual vehicle. We cannot see plates, we cannot see clearly enough to really see anything other than lights moving around and what appears to be a car entering the water. It is very convincing. It lines up with the phone ping. It fits. I was horrified when I first saw the YouTube video, thinking I was seeing her last moments. Sometimes when things "fit" our brains fill in the rest. Could that be what we are collectively doing?

I am approaching Roadside Nick's account the same way. I feel I do not have enough information to know if he is lying, confused or possibly telling the truth.
I mean, you can never be 100% sure of everything. But to me the evidence is overwhelming. The car is driving at the time we'd expect Kiely to be leaving the party. Her phone stops pinging at pretty much the exact moment that car appears to drive into the water. It's location is consistent with where that car is driving. Her car is found in the exact location you'd expect if it was her on the video. She is inside the car. The coroner says that she drowned.

Meanwhile, none of that evidence lines up with the AWP story. You have to concoct crazy scenarios to make the roadside driver's story fit with the evidence we have. And conversely there's not a shred of proof to back his story up. Where's the documentation showing that the service call was made by Kiely or someone associated with her? Where's the proof that the car was hers?

Personally, I think it's beyond irresponsible that AWP is still pushing this story without providing any of those things.

For me, because it is KR's vehicle that was pulled out.

The idea of a different car going into the lake as KR & her car disappears, later to be replaced by KR's CR-V doesn't seem feasible to me imho.

Are you suggesting that a second vehicle was towed out on the sly, or remains in the lake?

We watch one car go in -- we watch one car come out.

Occam's Razor indicates they are the same car.
No, that isn't what I am suggesting.

I'm saying exactly what I said: I'm not 100% certain what I am seeing in the video Gemmie linked to. I'm not sure about Roadside Nick.

I'm also not an "apologist" for AWP, but conversely, I'm trying not to rule out all possibility that Roadside Nick may be telling the truth based on any negative feelings I personally have about the founder's conduct or monetization or videos, etc.

I do accept the finding of accidental death. I'm not trafficking any weird conspiracies.

I do think there are ways for Roadside Nick to have seen Kiely Saturday morning at Boca AND for her to have accidentally died from drowning and been found in Prosser by AWP on August 21. The firecam footage absolutely may show Kiely entering the water. As I said, I think that makes a lot of sense. But I also know there is a natural tendency to accept, and LE has not come forward and confirmed it was her vehicle. We do not know when she died, right?

It doesn't require a crime or anything really out there to move the timeline around a day or so. She may have left the party with someone, or met up with someone and Roadside Nick may have seen them the next morning at Boca. While I agree we have no solid proof of this (i.e.clear film showing her, her vehicle, etc.), we also have nothing to disprove what he is saying.

Likewise, I see lights, from a distance entering water. Do I think it is a vehicle? Yes, we all did. We all reinforced that, which is why I am willing to question it.

Hopefully this makes sense, even if you guys disagree. I do not have any weird theories, at least I do not think I do, compared to stuff that is out there. I;d just like to know a bit more, and if the investigation is still open? It is still open.

I’m sorry, but people need to accept that this was a tragic accident and quit trying to make it more than that. I believe that’s what the family wants and what all the evidence shows.
Yes, at least it is comfort to her family knowing there is not someone out there who caused harm to their daughter, or wanted her dead. Kiely was truly a light, loved by all who surrounded her. That would be the memory I would want for my own child.

Kiely's mom asked the public to please let them grieve. Speaking of the investigation three months ago, she said, "We got this," and I believe she knew what she was talking about.

Why would people on SM want to cause more grief to the family by implying there is someone responsible for her death that is still out there and the crime is still unsolved?

How is that helping them?

I mean, you can never be 100% sure of everything. But to me the evidence is overwhelming. The car is driving at the time we'd expect Kiely to be leaving the party. Her phone stops pinging at pretty much the exact moment that car appears to drive into the water. It's location is consistent with where that car is driving. Her car is found in the exact location you'd expect if it was her on the video. She is inside the car. The coroner says that she drowned.

Meanwhile, none of that evidence lines up with the AWP story. You have to concoct crazy scenarios to make the roadside driver's story fit with the evidence we have. And conversely there's not a shred of proof to back his story up. Where's the documentation showing that the service call was made by Kiely or someone associated with her? Where's the proof that the car was hers?

Personally, I think it's beyond irresponsible that AWP is still pushing this story without providing any of those things.
You can also see the large group of cars ahead of Kiely's car, and her turning the opposite direction.

If it was a different car that drove into the same creek on the same night, then where is the car and driver and why weren't they reported missing?

And why would LE have no knowledge of this car?

What does AWP have to say about the other mysterious car that went into the water that night?

No, that isn't what I am suggesting.

I'm saying exactly what I said: I'm not 100% certain what I am seeing in the video Gemmie linked to. I'm not sure about Roadside Nick.

I'm also not an "apologist" for AWP, but conversely, I'm trying not to rule out all possibility that Roadside Nick may be telling the truth based on any negative feelings I personally have about the founder's conduct or monetization or videos, etc.

I do accept the finding of accidental death. I'm not trafficking any weird conspiracies.

I do think there are ways for Roadside Nick to have seen Kiely Saturday morning at Boca AND for her to have accidentally died from drowning and been found in Prosser by AWP on August 21. The firecam footage absolutely may show Kiely entering the water. As I said, I think that makes a lot of sense. But I also know there is a natural tendency to accept, and LE has not come forward and confirmed it was her vehicle. We do not know when she died, right?

It doesn't require a crime or anything really out there to move the timeline around a day or so. She may have left the party with someone, or met up with someone and Roadside Nick may have seen them the next morning at Boca. While I agree we have no solid proof of this (i.e.clear film showing her, her vehicle, etc.), we also have nothing to disprove what he is saying.

Likewise, I see lights, from a distance entering water. Do I think it is a vehicle? Yes, we all did. We all reinforced that, which is why I am willing to question it.

Hopefully this makes sense, even if you guys disagree. I do not have any weird theories, at least I do not think I do, compared to stuff that is out there. I;d just like to know a bit more, and if the investigation is still open? It is still open.
But she didn't leave the party with anyone. Her phone last pinged in the place she was found.

Kiely had just texted her mom saying she would be home in about an hour. Her mom stated she was responsible about getting home on time, and would always let her know if she was going to be even 15 minutes late.

Kiely called her friend while in the car, moments before driving into the water. She made no mention of going to another party to any of her friends, that has been reported.

We know she was on her way home just before the final ping. There was no more activity after that.

Even if she had escaped a sinking vehicle, I can't imagine her just going off to another party after crashing into the water and escaping.

In the Autopsy Report it states the case is closed. Wouldn't the investigation be over if the case is closed?

It is true her phone last pinged there. As I said, I agree those things all line up. I'm not arguing against the cameras OR Roadside Nick. I'm stepping back, and thinking things through here, in a discussion thread.

Yesterday I went shopping a few towns away. Went to call my son and realized I did not have my phone. My phone was about 100 miles away from where I actually was at the time. KR does not equal her phone, even though that makes a lot of sense for it to be her there with her phone.

Do we know, with certainty, confirmed by LE that outgoing calls were made by KR? I know texts were made to her mother, but I was personally under the impression, perhaps incorrectly, that the phone conversations were memories of events made by others who were intoxicated?

It has always been my understanding that the exact time frame of when Kiely was last seen at the party, and by whom, and where she may have been going or doing or if she had plans to "sleep off the party" in her vehicle, was never clarified.

I have no idea why the investigation is still open. That is what I am interested in too!

I've never personally heard anything about another car driving into the water. Is AWP saying that? Or someone else? That is not what I'm getting at. Again, what I am saying is very plain: I see lights, from a distance and water. It very well may be A car, it certainly may be Kiely. I'm questioning WHAT I am seeing--i.e. are those lights a vehicle entering water? If so, how would I know? And so on.

I'm not tacking on more than that. If there is other stuff floating around "out there", that isn't what I'm getting at here.

I do think there are ways for Roadside Nick to have seen Kiely Saturday morning at Boca AND for her to have accidentally died from drowning and been found in Prosser by AWP on August 21.
How?

She leaves party, her phone goes dead at Prosser, she goes to where ever after party or such and ends up being at Boca saturday morning calling roadside service, then drives back to Prosser and in the mids of search ends up in a lake?

I just cant see how and would be genuinely interested hearing your solution.

Other than that I still think it was just a bad move for AWP to bring the whole thing up AND pretty much point a finger to Kiely's boyfriend on this latest vid.

How?

She leaves party, her phone goes dead at Prosser, she goes to where ever after party or such and ends up being at Boca saturday morning calling roadside service, then drives back to Prosser and in the mids of search ends up in a lake?

I just cant see how and would be genuinely interested hearing your solution.

Other than that I still think it was just a bad move for AWP to bring the whole thing up AND pretty much point a finger to Kiely's boyfriend on this latest vid.

From my understanding, Kiely did not have a boyfriend, or her dating status was a bit unclear, right? She had the ex-bf, who was not at the party, lived a couple of hours away if I am remembering correctly, and drove to Truckee sometime on Saturday from what I recall in these threads? I am not sure which, if any of those details were confirmed by LE? He often wore a cap like the one mentioned in the AWP video, but those caps are pretty popular.

Perhaps something like this may have happened:

She left the party location, at some point, and may have been seen on Saturday at Boca with a young man by Roadside Nick. RN did say the young couple he serviced seemed tired, maybe hungover, and awkward/having some kind of fight, This young man could have been any young man. Again, popular hat, etc. I know in the newish AWP video RN was shown a photo of a guy and he seemed to somewhat agree it could be the guy however, we were not shown OR told who RN was shown a photo of.

I know it makes sense to assume they were showing him KRs ex BF, but maybe AWP showed him someone else? Remember, KR was said to have been "rocking the single life" by her friend, and there were other guys mentioned more recent love interests.

From there? I don't really know, and would not want to speculate beyond. Again, I'm not trying to promote anything wild or weird. Only keeping an open mind as for some reason, this case does seem to still be open.

From my understanding, Kiely did not have a boyfriend, or her dating status was a bit unclear, right? She had the ex-bf, who was not at the party, lived a couple of hours away if I am remembering correctly, and drove to Truckee sometime on Saturday from what I recall in these threads? I am not sure which, if any of those details were confirmed by LE? He often wore a cap like the one mentioned in the AWP video, but those caps are pretty popular.

Perhaps something like this may have happened:

She left the party location, at some point, and may have been seen on Saturday at Boca with a young man by Roadside Nick. RN did say the young couple he serviced seemed tired, maybe hungover, and awkward/having some kind of fight, This young man could have been any young man. Again, popular hat, etc. I know in the newish AWP video RN was shown a photo of a guy and he seemed to somewhat agree it could be the guy however, we were not shown OR told who RN was shown a photo of.

I know it makes sense to assume they were showing him KRs ex BF, but maybe AWP showed him someone else? Remember, KR was said to have been "rocking the single life" by her friend, and there were other guys mentioned more recent love interests.

From there? I don't really know, and would not want to speculate beyond. Again, I'm not trying to promote anything wild or weird. Only keeping an open mind as for some reason, this case does seem to still be open.
Yes, I'm sorry, got tired of this bf/ex-bf thing, just decided to call him that as there was not clear answer to wether he was and he seemed to think himself as bf.

As to the video I seem to recollect they did actually mention (or strongly incline) it was indeed this bf/ex-bf whose photo they showed. Not into watching that vid again rn, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way I dont see how Kiely would come to be from Prosser to Boca and again to Prosser within those days while the search going on. Not impossible, surely, but very very unlikely all things considering.

Nevada County Final Autopsy Report

(from pg. 7)
Case disposition: closed - accident
Cause of death: drowning

Two detectives from the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office, two FBI agents, and an investigator from the Truckee CHP are all listed on the last page of the report.

Since at least Oct 14. 2022, MSM has been reporting from the toxicology (THC, alcohol, ethanol, etc.) and the autopsy report, and that the cause of death was drowning and the manner of death an accident.

Has an amended report been released since this date? I'm not understanding OP's reference that a report released only to the media has not been reported by MSM and therefore not linked on MT. This makes no sense to me that the media received a report and are not reporting the facts/details.

Kiely Rodni autopsy: Alcohol, THC noted in toxicology report; no signs of foul play
Appending to my post above. It seems to me there's no unknown or unreported toxicology report released only to the media.

The full 18 pages inclusive of NCSO Incident, Autopsy, AND Toxicology have all been released and previously linked here per @cujenn81 post above.

Take note of the full Toxicology report by NMS Labs (4 pgs of 4) begins on page 8.

I hope they are not still insinuating Kiely's ex boyfriend was involved.

Kiely's mom seemed devastated by the things people were saying on SM about kids in her friend group. She pleaded for the rumors to stop because they were hurtful to the community.

In LE's last statement they said they will continue the investigation and working with the family so I doubt they will release any more information. I don't know if accident reports are ever made public.

One thing I will never forget about this case is Gray Hughes haunting video of the map overlay with the car driving straight into the lake. We spent so much time trying to figure out what happened and then saw it with our own eyes.

I hope the AWP video doesn't upset Kiely's family or friends. This will be their first Christmas without her.

I didn't see anything new or revealing in AWP "uncut."

The call went to AAA and the driver received the dispatch.

AAA tow driver alleges he responded to an SUV battery service call between 11 AM and noon BUT he doesn't remember the actual service date!

Driver cites the service call was either the day before, the day of, or the day after KP missing...

And if the sighting was KP, logic tells us that the service call was not the day after KP drove into the lake.

What I don't understand is why there's so much effort to allege the accident investigation remains open and no effort to confirm the actual service date with AAA. The driver could have long ago confirmed the service date.

AWP performed a great service to locate the vehicle but time to let it go. JMO

AAA tow driver alleges he responded to an SUV battery service call between 11 AM and noon BUT he doesn't remember the actual service date!

Driver cites the service call was either the day before, the day of, or the day after KP missing...

And if the sighting was KP, logic tells us that the service call was not the day after KP drove into the lake.

What I don't understand is why there's so much effort to allege the accident investigation remains open and no effort to confirm the actual service date with AAA. The driver could have long ago confirmed the service date.

You'd think whoever made the service call would have to tell them their name and vehicle info. It's not like you can make an anonymous service call like that so you'd they'd have the name and vehicle info of the person making the call for service. Wouldn't they? Either your insurance places the call for you (as does mine the few times I've needed it for a dead battery),so they'd know who made the call, or if you called a tow company directly you'd think they'd want that info before sending someone out. So I don't understand how they don't know who made that call. I must be missing something, so if I am, go easy on me! LOL :p

You'd think whoever made the service call would have to tell them their name and vehicle info. It's not like you can make an anonymous service call like that so you'd they'd have the name and vehicle info of the person making the call for service. Wouldn't they? Either your insurance places the call for you (as does mine the few times I've needed it for a dead battery),so they'd know who made the call, or if you called a tow company directly you'd think they'd want that info before sending someone out. So I don't understand how they don't know who made that call. I must be missing something, so if I am, go easy on me! LOL :p
First, AAA doesn't provide unlimited calls for emergency roadside service! I called AAA this morning for battery service and the first thing dispatch asked me was to confirm my name (recognized my phone number with my account) and billing address, and asked which vehicle I was calling about. They also advised me this was my 3rd roadside call this year. And before leaving, the AAA technician checked my AAA Card and my ID.

ETA: You can also request service using the AAA app but I find service is quicker if you phone in -- something about a live voice not wanting to tell you the wait time is 5 hours.

Agreed. AWP has not presented any actual evidence for their claims. Their story is smoke and mirrors, not facts. And apparently it's good enough to get them cash for clicks from people who are invested in believing Kiely suffered something way worse than an accident.

A more believable theory is they're looking for money or maybe they're angry at Kiely's family for unknown reasons. More plausible than Schrödinger's car IMO.

Can anyone anywhere cite a solid source for these allegations? There's a reason why msm isn't pursuing this story and it has nothing to do with cover ups or edited video. All MOO.

Driver cites the service call was either the day before, the day of, or the day after KP KR missing...

And if the sighting was KP KR, logic tells us that the service call was not the day after KP KR drove into the lake.

^^ Edits by me!

My experiences with AAA have been a bit different. I'm not in California though, so will defer to anyone local to the area.

The most recent time I used AAA was when a friend locked their keys inside the car during a storm. I called AAA, and described what happened. The tow company they used in the area where I was (a rural-ish one) was on a different call, so the AAA person told me it would be a bit of a wait, so I said OK, and let them know we would be waiting in a business nearby. AAA had my info, and I know I told them the color of the car, type etc and I believe the state the plates were, but it was pretty casual.

When the tow guy came. he just opened up the car and got my friend's keys. I do not remember if there were cameras, but again small town. There wasn't anything formal about it.

Did anyone ever formally establish that Roadside Nick worked for a company sent by AAA? Can you even get AAA as a minor? I meant to check this earlier and will do so now.

Edited to add: You do need to be at least 18 to join the AAA bracnh that serves Truckee. I am not clear if any family members added need to be 18. image attached is from: https://mwg.aaa.com/membership/join-aaa/checkout?language=enScreen Shot 2022-12-26 at 2.50.05 PM.png

First, AAA doesn't provide unlimited calls for emergency roadside service! I called AAA this morning for battery service and the first thing dispatch asked me was to confirm my name (recognized my phone number with my account) and billing address, and asked which vehicle I was calling about. They also advised me this was my 3rd roadside call this year. And before leaving, the AAA technician checked my AAA Card and my ID.

ETA: You can also request service using the AAA app but I find service is quicker if you phone in -- something about a live voice not wanting to tell you the wait time is 5 hours.

Whether or not they even check your ID is a flip of a coin in my area. Why they'd wait till after they performed the service to ask for an ID? It should be done upon arrival. It also doesn't have to be your vehicle, just one you're a passenger in. I use mine for others and rarely my own vehicles.

My experiences with AAA have been a bit different. I'm not in California though, so will defer to anyone local to the area.

The most recent time I used AAA was when a friend locked their keys inside the car during a storm. I called AAA, and described what happened. The tow company they used in the area where I was (a rural-ish one) was on a different call, so the AAA person told me it would be a bit of a wait, so I said OK, and let them know we would be waiting in a business nearby. AAA had my info, and I know I told them the color of the car, type etc and I believe the state the plates were, but it was pretty casual.

When the tow guy came. he just opened up the car and got my friend's keys. I do not remember if there were cameras, but again small town. There wasn't anything formal about it.

Did anyone ever formally establish that Roadside Nick worked for a company sent by AAA? Can you even get AAA as a minor? I meant to check this earlier and will do so now.

Edited to add: You do need to be at least 18 to join the AAA bracnh that serves Truckee. I am not clear if any family members added need to be 18. image attached is from: https://mwg.aaa.com/membership/join-aaa/checkout?language=enView attachment 390064

I'm in the St. Louis area and they got rid of their fleet several years ago. They contract everything out now and it's garbage. Wait times are absurd. I usually use it on other people's vehicles

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back