Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

Thanks for saying that, I was thinking the same thing. Also, aren’t the roads at Prosser dirt/gravel roads, not asphalt? That picture, to me, doesn’t look anything like a dirt road at night. IMO. There was even a video posted at one time.
so, IOW, you thought it looked like asphalt. I did not mention asphalt in my post with pic.

But what if you were on mushrooms and/or "inebriated"? I can definitely see the resemblance based on psilocybin experiences.
also, on the site I linked there are hundreds of lake mirages its like the opposite of when you are in a desert and see water. You would not HAVE to be high or drunk, but if you were, it would most likely be more enhanced. a small optical illusion could become a larger one. The pic I chose was the one that seemed likely, not much light so only a tiny glimmer of the water, seen straight ahead becomes pathlike, if you enlarge the pic and
narrow your vision it looks JUST LIKE a road. She might even have tried to screech to a halt, which would have spun her tires into the sandy mud shoreline, the holes from that would fill up more each time if she tried to back up while gunning it, possibly stop her door from opening pretty quickly, at that time, she got out of her seatbelt and tried to escape while the slight current was moving her outward, by the time the water reached the windows she might have thought she could still escape from the back, got there and realized the hatch could not be opened. Just speculating.

Last edited:
If people saw her stumbling around and didn't say anything nor help her then what? That is also a serious culpability issue IMO. It wasn't every man for himself as it sounds the tone here. Underage people left to their own devices and no one shared anyhing. I cannot wrap my head around that.
This is so true, Usually in these cases there is an entire timeline of events where friends could have helped, etc, everyone did all this bad stuff all night, that eventually leads to victims death, etc and so many many times, almost every time, those people walk. Seems unfair.

so, IOW, you thought it looked like asphalt. I did not mention asphalt in my post with pic.

Respectfully, that’s not what I said. I think it was pretty easy to infer what you meant, IMO, which is why I mentioned asphalt. Please correct me if that’s not what you meant? I stand by my statement that the roads in Prosser are dirt/gravel.

Last edited:
Isn't it possible Kiely made her way to the beach intentionally? Perhaps while there was still moonlight enough?

Perhaps parking was haphazard and it made sense to her to ho that way -- if only to turn around. Perhaps she was trying to avoid a loggerjam of vehicles and had a different route mapped in her head. Perhaps what she did not anticipate was the utter blackout of moonset, around 12:15-12:20, as I recall. Nor the high water level/short beach. If she found herself suddenly in even just 2 feet of water, she was already in trouble.

If, once in the water, she had to take a long moment to search in the glovebox for an implement to break a window, it was already too late. (The guests who were in the car early, while recharging batteries may have left the Truly can, may have requested the window half-open -- not actively on her mind when she's in the reservoir, sinking and thinking fast.)

I think this is just the saddest of sad accidents, sadder still that Kiely had the presence of mind to try to save herself but couldn't

She just ran out of time.

JMO

This is a photograph taken from above with a light source also above the water.

When driving a vehicle, unless there were large waves or whitecaps, the light from the headlamps would reflect forward on the water, not back to the car. Unless there was a light on the opposite shore, or a moon near the horizon, from ground level, the water would appear completely black. This is why serious boating accidents occur frequently at night - the water surface is often "invisible".

When driving a vehicle, unless there were large waves or whitecaps, the light from the headlamps would reflect forward on the water, not back to the car. Unless there was a light on the opposite shore, or a moon near the horizon, from ground level, the water would appear completely black. This is why serious boating accidents occur frequently at night - the water surface is often "invisible".
i think the light source is the Moon but not a bright one. Totally agree her lights would reflect forward but maybe distorted a bit because of the incline. Interesting what you said about the lights on the opposite shore. They have photos of small and large city scapes being so perfectly reflected in the lakes, that if you were in front of it on the
opposite side, you would think you were driving into the city but theres a lake in between the reflection. Also very weird ones, cities with tall skyscrapers being reflected onto a lake where you cant even see the the city,

Last edited:
Respectfully, that’s not what I said. I think it was pretty easy to infer what you meant, IMO, which is why I mentioned asphalt. Please correct me if that’s not what you meant? I stand by my statement that the roads in Prosser are dirt/gravel.
I would not correct you, your words stand for themselves, you said asphalt so you must have seen the mirage. But it looked like asphalt, not a dirt road. This was only an example, not the exact thing she could have seen. Yes, I was plainly saying that she could have mistaken the water ahead as a road.
This lake mirage is not something that can be just written off. It exists as a *thing* and has caused many accidents, thus the site with over a hundred examples of lake mirages.
It is valid. It is relevant, and my new theory.

Last edited:
I believe this context has not been emphasized enough in these 10,000 posts
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

On p.2 of this thread I posted very recent DEA and CA Dept. of Public Health notices about Rainbow Fentanyl - produced by two Mexican cartels to market to youth and young adults.

Couple that with the Placer County arrest of a 20 year old man (four days after KR disappeared), for the Fentanyl death in June of a 15 year old girl, along with charges of deviant sexual behavior, it renews the focus for me that there is great risk of OD deaths in that area for unsuspecting youth, including KR.

ET: clarify second paragraph.

Last edited by a moderator:

Also, when you are driving you are usually looking at least 100 yards in front of you, so Kiely may not have seen the water until it was too late, especially if the water level was higher at that time.

Or, as Megnut posted above, if she intentionally drove on the beach, she could have driven into a foot or two of water and the car floated a distance before sinking. When she texted her mom that she'd be late, she probably didn't anticipate being held up by a large number of people leaving at the same time. According to her mom she was very good about curfew rules, so she may have worried that she'd be even later.

rsbm

Completely agree, @sfinkz.

On p.2 of this thread I posted very recent DEA and CA Dept. of Public Health notices about Rainbow Fentanyl - produced by two Mexican cartels to market to youth and young adults.

Couple that with the Placer County arrest of a 20 year old man (four days after KR disappeared), for the Fentanyl death in June of a 15 year old girl, along with charges of deviant sexual behavior, it renews the focus for me that there is great risk of OD deaths in that area for unsuspecting youth, including KR.

ET: clarify second paragraph.
just want to point out that while Placer County has these statistics, and this very case above has already been posted at least twice in KR threads, it isnt much different from whats going on throughout the entire USA, most especially in rural counties as their statistics match large cities in ratio. First we have to find out the tox report. Instead of beating Steves dead horse, we dont want to put the cart in front of it.

Love it that the Placer County DA is going after these dealers. As I said in a post way up thread, no mercy for fentanyl dealers. Scum of the Universe. If charges are filed in KR case, for anything like that, I hope they get the worse possible punishment.

ETA that my son the 22 year old college town bartender told me that fentanyl is now sprinkled on weed so they have to be careful. This was last year.

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed and font in body of post fixed>

And I’m in agreement with you @RedHaus—still partial to a Chappaquiddck-type incident— but not sure what we’re agreeing on
. I’m merely implying that whatever bad choices were made that fateful evening/early morning resulting in a death were born—in part— from inexperience, naivety and frustration on the part of teenagers plagued by their arrested social development from living under the pandemic during a critical juncture of their upbringing. Certainly this is what the Placer Co. DA is implying in explaining an uptick in OD deaths. I am suggesting, however, if a presence of a ‘hard’ drug is discovered it will certainly result in a criminal investigation whereas a toxic report indicating anything but will likely be fitted into the category of a single passenger in a single vehicle accident, at the strong urging of the family, with a fervent desire to not drag their lovely daughter through any more mud, IMOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
just want to point out that while Placer County has these statistics, and this very case above has already been posted at least twice in KR threads, it isnt much different from whats going on throughout the entire USA, most especially in rural counties as their statistics match large cities in ratio. First we have to find out the tox report. Instead of beating Steves dead horse, we dont want to put the cart in front of it.

Love it that the Placer County DA is going after these dealers. As I said in a post way up thread, no mercy for fentanyl dealers. Scum of the Universe. If charges are filed in KR case, for anything like that, I hope they get the worse possible punishment.

ETA that my son the 22 year old college town bartender told me that fentanyl is now sprinkled on weed so they have to be careful. This was last year.
Fentanyl is showing up everywhere now. It is so dangerous, I just don't understand.

RSBM. And I’m in agreement with you @RedHaus—still partial to a Chappaquiddck-type incident— but not sure what we’re agreeing on.
rs&bbm.

Too funny, @sfinkz.

I was agreeing with your statement yesterday re: Fentanyl, "I believe this context has not been emphasized enough in these 10,000 posts". That said, I have three current foul play theories, in addition to an open mind for just a solo 'accident".

1. KR OD'd either the night of the 8/5 party or some days later if she was abducted and held somewhere.
2. KR died in a Chappaquiddick type accident so there was at least one other person in her car when it went into the lake.
3. KR died in a prank gone wrong whereas she may have been passed out in her backseat under a blanket and was not seen.

But as we all keep reminding ourselves, all that is speculation until, and if, LE releases the results of their investigation.

All IMO.

Also, when you are driving you are usually looking at least 100 yards in front of you, so Kiely may not have seen the water until it was too late, especially if the water level was higher at that time.
rsbm

And recall @MsBetsy, some time early on in this case, I found compelling information that the 2013 Honda CR-V was notorious for having very dim low beam headlamps with something like 10 feet of illumination. KR's car could have been upgraded to after market headlamps at some point, we just don't know. Or KR may have had high beams on.

And further, people who are inebriated (we don't know for sure if KR was) tend to drive without headlights on...

"It is common to find that impaired drivers misuse the car mechanisms designed to communicate with other drivers and keep the vehicle operator safe. Drivers with diminished capacities may drive at night without headlights, overuse high beams, use misleadingly or neglect to use turn signals, fail to wear a seatbelt, inappropriately sound the car horn, or even drive with trunks, doors, or windows open or unlatched." (1, BBM)

Lastly, as several of us have documented, the quarter moon that night set at 12:21am. So we know it was pitch dark then.

(1) Top 5 Signs That a Driver Is Impaired or Under the Influence | Belsky, Weinberg & Horowitz, LLC

rsbm

And recall @MsBetsy, some time early on in this case, I found compelling information that the 2013 Honda CR-V was notorious for having very dim low beam headlamps with something like 10 feet of illumination. KR's car could have been upgraded to after market headlamps at some point, we just don't know. Or KR may have had high beams on.

And further, people who are inebriated (we don't know for sure if KR was) tend to drive without headlights on...

"It is common to find that impaired drivers misuse the car mechanisms designed to communicate with other drivers and keep the vehicle operator safe. Drivers with diminished capacities may drive at night without headlights, overuse high beams, use misleadingly or neglect to use turn signals, fail to wear a seatbelt, inappropriately sound the car horn, or even drive with trunks, doors, or windows open or unlatched." (1, BBM)

Lastly, as several of us have documented, the quarter moon that night set at 12:21am. So we know it was pitch dark then.

(1) Top 5 Signs That a Driver Is Impaired or Under the Influence | Belsky, Weinberg & Horowitz, LLC
and so, what are you saying.

A mirage is just that. It can make you see water that is not there, or it can make you think you see land on water. This is documented.
But can we determine what kind of mirage someone saw, when it was not there to begin with% Even based on the moon that night, we cannot see someone elses mirage, JMOO.
MsBetsy told us about this happening to her, she made a wrong turn, did not see the water ahead and came 1O feet from going in a lake with her 3 kids.

I really, truly respect the foul play scenarios. And will continue to support the accident theories, as in, no one else put her in the lake.

Last edited:
Slightly OT possibly, but I don’t understand either. What’s the point of killing off your clients? Obviously I’m missing something.
They are hoping to addict them, definitely not kill them off, as they've just lost a client if that happens. From the DEA (RBBM):

The Drug Enforcement Administration is advising the public of an alarming emerging trend of colorful fentanyl available across the United States. In August 2022, DEA and our law enforcement partners seized brightly-colored fentanyl and fentanyl pills in 18 states. Dubbed “rainbow fentanyl” in the media,
this trend appears to be a new method used by drug cartels to sell highly addictive and potentially deadly fentanyl made to look like candy to children and young people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back