Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

They are hoping to addict them, definitely not kill them off, as they've just lost a client if that happens. From the DEA (RBBM):

The Drug Enforcement Administration is advising the public of an alarming emerging trend of colorful fentanyl available across the United States. In August 2022, DEA and our law enforcement partners seized brightly-colored fentanyl and fentanyl pills in 18 states. Dubbed “rainbow fentanyl” in the media, this trend appears to be a new method used by drug cartels to sell highly addictive and potentially deadly fentanyl made to look like candy to children and young people.

That (in a terrible way) makes sense but you hear so much about how dangerous it is, it seems such a fine line between addicting anyone and killing off your clients IMO! I am not sure how young of kids are being targeted, but sure seems like it wouldn’t take much at aLl to kill a small child.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed and font in body of post fixed>

And I’m in agreement with you @RedHaus—still partial to a Chappaquiddck-type incident— but not sure what we’re agreeing on
. I’m merely implying that whatever bad choices were made that fateful evening/early morning resulting in a death were born—in part— from inexperience, naivety and frustration on the part of teenagers plagued by their arrested social development from living under the pandemic during a critical juncture of their upbringing. Certainly this is what the Placer Co. DA is implying in explaining an uptick in OD deaths. I am suggesting, however, if a presence of a ‘hard’ drug is discovered it will certainly result in a criminal investigation whereas a toxic report indicating anything but will likely be fitted into the category of a single passenger in a single vehicle accident, at the strong urging of the family, with a fervent desire to not drag their lovely daughter through any more mud, IMOO.
BBM ^^^^THIS^^^^

Slightly OT possibly, but I don’t understand either. What’s the point of killing off your clients? Obviously I’m missing something.
It is not the dealer or runner that is doing this. Recently I was listening to a man speak and he brought up a theory that I honestly can say had never crossed my mind and lead way to me thinking even more outside the box on this subject. I am not saying that I agree with his idea, but it did make me think. He spoke on fentanyl, how in very calculated micro doses is used to treat patients with chronic conditions. But in the case where death is happening, it is not a calculated dose. He went on to say that addiction has become a huge issue and there are people who are purposely making lethal dose products in an effort to cull out and or put fear into those who are addicted. He said it is not the dealer or runner who is actually setting out for a kill shot so to speak, but rather much more sinister people higher up in the chain thinking they are working for the good. Again, I am not saying I agree with his thought, but I will say it gives food for thought if nothing else.

and so, what are you saying.

A mirage is just that. It can make you see water that is not there, or it can make you think you see land on water. This is documented.
But can we determine what kind of mirage someone saw, when it was not there to begin with% Even based on the moon that night, we cannot see someone elses mirage, JMOO.
MsBetsy told us about this happening to her, she made a wrong turn, did not see the water ahead and came 1O feet from going in a lake with her 3 kids.

I really, truly respect the foul play scenarios. And will continue to support the accident theories, as in, no one else put her in the lake.
BIBM
Ixchel13 said"
"It can make you see water that is not there, or it can make you think you see land on water."

Speaking of mirages..
Yes, I 've seen that phenomenon

Also, earlydays there were comments
( IIRC on thread #1 but I can't fine the comments now)
IIRC by a local contributor
regarding reports of a tractor trailer or long truck that got stuck
on the beach on the night of the party

And again, IIRC , the truck wasreported to be gone by the time K's Mother and friends
went on the beach Saturday late am/early pm to look for K

Did I imagine that ?
Or was that factor eliminated as irrelevant ?

BIBM
Ixchel13 said"
"It can make you see water that is not there, or it can make you think you see land on water."

Speaking of mirages..
Yes, I 've seen that phenomenon

( IIRC on thread #1 but I can't fine the comments now)
IIRC by a local contributor
regarding reports of a tractor trailer or long truck that got stuck

And again, IIRC , the truck wasreported to be gone by the time K's Mother and friends
went on the beach Saturday late am/early pm to look for K

Did I imagine that ?
Or was that factor eliminated as irrelevant ?
There was talk of an abandoned truck — but I think this is when we thought Kiely could have driven off the boat launch, so I’m not sure it was in the same area that Kiely’s car was found. And the guy who posted it heard about it from a neighbor so he couldn’t say what day the truck was there but it was sometime soon after Kiely went missing

MY OPINION ONLY

( IIRC on thread #1 but I can't fine the comments now) IIRC by a local contributor regarding reports of a tractor trailer or long truck that got stuck

And again, IIRC , the truck wasreported to be gone by the time K's Mother and friends went on the beach Saturday late am/early pm to look for K Did I imagine that ? Or was that factor eliminated as irrelevant ?
rsbm
@MacBridey, I don't recall a tractor trailer or long truck on the beach by the party where KR was found. But Runin530mtns (former member) posted (in T1, below) about an abandoned old pickup truck seen Saturday morning stuck in the mud next to the Prosser Boat Ramp, which is around the bend from Alder Creek. Not sure if that is what you're recalling. But I've always thought that was something I hoped LE pursued.

Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

rsbm
@MacBridey, I don't recall a tractor trailer or long truck on the beach by the party where KR was found. But Runin530mtns (former member) posted (in T1, below) about an abandoned old pickup truck seen Saturday morning stuck in the mud next to the Prosser Boat Ramp, which is around the bend from Alder Creek. Not sure if that is what you're recalling. But I've always thought that was something I hoped LE pursued.

Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022
Yes Thanks - You found it!

Runin530mins said "rundown truck stuck in the mud next the boat ramp with no license plates" was noticed at "9am"
"
That must be what I remembered
That truck's impairment speaks further to the poor visibility and the boat ramp's illusion of an ongoing rode.

Truckee is known for fog, particularly in the winter. I’ve scoured fog pictures which are beautiful and for sale. At the same time, the few that exist are right over small lakes or reservoirs.
I’m laying this out because there was at least one early comment about foggy conditions there the night Kiely went missing. The weather station right at Prosser Estates indicate that conditions existed for at least patchy fog after midnight when Kiely disappeared.
Also, there were light scatttered showers from mid afternoon until about 8:40 PM, with a total of .22 inch. Virtually no wind- for example it takes about 5mph to gently rustle leaves, make little riffles in a lake.
Fog sometimes manifests as low clouds over water. It is commonly understood by meteorologists to develop when air temps and dewpoint are within 3 degrees.
The links are for 24 hour periods starting and ending at midnight, registering changes at 5 minute intervals for 8/5- 8/7. Many hours in that period could have been foggy in and around the lakes and campgrounds, at least. The conditions did not exist before about 12:25 AM at Prosser.
The probabilities of fog drop to nil after Sunday, AIRC, which may be a factor in the delay in getting water searches going until Tuesday8/9.
Just speculating.
Also, it’s easier to see all the data in Table rather than Graph.

@Ixchel13 ,I apologize for not following theough on the current no current discussion.
I had wondered about inflow current maybe from a creek but it turns out that is not a factor.
No current out there really to speak of that I can identify other than movement generated by very subtle changes caused by intake/outflow and the Coriolis Effect but being such a small, shallow lake since that area in particular is a little cove almost, it would not exert a noticible influence away from the counter clockwise water movement along the shores.
The Great lakes are a much different story!
Interesting explanation:

I wonder if the data recorded by her car say it didn't have the sophisticated technology of later model cars, but odomoter reading, and whatever else is recordable in her model car would give LE an idea of how far her car travelled. Was it a short distance after leaving or a longer distance. I wonder wha kind of data her model year car would be able to record?

Since Kiely’s mother chose not to communicate with any media after the first few days, I’ve always wondered about this. The station seems facts based and it was repeated in several articles.
…”Rodni’s mother, Lindsey Rodni-Nieman, told Fox News Digital earlier this week that she received a text from her daughter around 12:15 a.m. Saturday saying she was headed home. The family lives about 10 miles away at a lodge south of Truckee.”

Truckee is known for fog, particularly in the winter. I’ve scoured fog pictures which are beautiful and for sale. At the same time, the few that exist are right over small lakes or reservoirs.
I’m laying this out because there was at least one early comment about foggy conditions there the night Kiely went missing. The weather station right at Prosser Estates indicate that conditions existed for at least patchy fog after midnight when Kiely disappeared.
Also, there were light scatttered showers from mid afternoon until about 8:40 PM, with a total of .22 inch. Virtually no wind- for example it takes about 5mph to gently rustle leaves, make little riffles in a lake.
Fog sometimes manifests as low clouds over water. It is commonly understood by meteorologists to develop when air temps and dewpoint are within 3 degrees.
The links are for 24 hour periods starting and ending at midnight, registering changes at 5 minute intervals for 8/5- 8/7. Many hours in that period could have been foggy in and around the lakes and campgrounds, at least. The conditions did not exist before about 12:25 AM at Prosser.
The probabilities of fog drop to nil after Sunday, AIRC, which may be a factor in the delay in getting water searches going until Tuesday8/9.
Just speculating.
Also, it’s easier to see all the data in Table rather than Graph.

are you saying that fog rolled in around the time she was leaving% wow.

BTW thanks so much for checking out the current.

are you saying that fog rolled in around the time she was leaving% wow.

BTW thanks so much for checking out the current.
You’re very welcome.
The weather station recorded data that indicate the existence of temperatures that are associated with the development of fog beginning about 12:24. It went on until about noon, I recall. Amd then Saturday night it was more prolonged.
There had been .22 inch of rain, moistening the ground plus the water/ lake. So, yes, it’s entirely possible.
I’ve been looking back over initial press conferences and interviews. It took 5 days to get the first divers out, basically volunteers. Their day jobs are as deputy sheriffs. Even the Alameda county Dive Team are volunteers- that’s an altruistic bunch.
The first folks sent by local LE in the water were “swimmers” sent out to scan from surface to avoid muddying the waters! What?

Well worth perusing this article:
Where is Campground 4?
…Search crews and police from multiple countiesscoured through the area beginning early Tuesday morning.
….There were search dogs present and at least 100 members of law enforcement visible, including members of the FBI, who initially focused their attention on Campsite 4.

You’re very welcome.
The weather station recorded data that indicate the existence of temperatures that are associated with the development of fog beginning about 12:24. It went on until about noon, I recall. Amd then Saturday night it was more prolonged.
There had been .22 inch of rain, moistening the ground plus the water/ lake. So, yes, it’s entirely possible.
I’ve been looking back over initial press conferences and interviews. It took 5 days to get the first divers out, basically volunteers. Their day jobs are as deputy sheriffs. Even the Alameda county Dive Team are volunteers- that’s an altruistic bunch.
The first folks sent by local LE in the water were “swimmers” sent out to scan from surface to avoid muddying the waters! What?
so it was not a strong current, but it sounds like visibilty might have been compromised and also no moonlight to speak of.

As she is leaving, the fog starts settling in. Maybe she made a wrong turn and went on the bumpy road, which she might have been on before, and she might have been aware she needed to turn around.

IIRC, the bumpy road may not be wide enough to turn around on without getting into
small trees and brush, logs, etc. so she needed to get to beach to turn around. She may have gone slightly too quickly down that bumpy road possibly causing damage to a tire. In the fog she could have misjudged the shoreline and the dirt and sand beach was slippery from the rain.
And Curiosa, the fog might have been why no one saw her take that wrong turn, wow.
Thanks for taking the time to sleuth the elements in such a way. In the confusion with the junior boys fighting loudly and blocking the road, and fog rolling in, easy to miss KR.

Last edited:
You’re very welcome.

Excerpt from above link. Thanks again to Curiosa for making this point.

*Driving in fog: Dangers & safety tips​

By Anna Barden
Foggy weather and driving don’t always mix. The more fog impacts visibility, the harder it is for drivers to see the road, signs, pedestrians, and other objects and vehicles. Whether it is thick or thin, fog can directly threaten the safety of you and your passengers, and it can cause chain reactions with other cars.

Although fog is a temporary weather phenomenon, it is one of the most dangerous to drive in because it disrupts your field of vision and distorts your depth perception of what you see from behind the wheel.*

and then the article goes on quite a bit its in the link above.

The purple part above BBM, guessing, wondering, if the fog caused the junior boys to rear end or run into each other thus causing the ruckus. And, maybe these mountain savvy kids knew the fog would roll in and thats why they were heading out.

Last edited:
@Ixchel13 ,I apologize for not following theough on the current no current discussion.
I had wondered about inflow current maybe from a creek but it turns out that is not a factor.
No current out there really to speak of that I can identify other than movement generated by very subtle changes caused by intake/outflow and the Coriolis Effect but being such a small, shallow lake since that area in particular is a little cove almost, it would not exert a noticible influence away from the counter clockwise water movement along the shores.
The Great lakes are a much different story!
Interesting explanation:

Prosser Reservoir is an impoundment. There was drawdown taking place which would definitely effect water movement.

The water movement in a reservoir during a drawdown is under the surface.

I posted my findings up thread.

The link I see attached on the previous post only has atmospheric conditions.

Since it’s not a natural lake artificial manipulation is the source of fluctuations.

Current fishing report: low levels:
Prosser Reservoir Fish Report - Prosser Reservoir - Prosser Reservoir is starting to get very low - September 22, 2022

Here is a graph that shows the significant seasonal changes in water levels of the reservoir:

PROSSER C RES NR TRUCKEE CA

Prossner Reservoir; click on details tab to see its dimensions and hydrology:

Bureau of Reclamation

Currently:

National Weather Service Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service

The man made PR covers 704 acres; 73 feet maximum depth:
Prosser Creek Reservoir (CA) nautical chart and water depth map

All imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online