Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
you would think but there was another missing persons case, a young man who disappeared from his car while traveling cant remember his name but his clothes were all over the road as if he stripped down naked and they did not get his snapchat for 17 or 18 months.
Are you referring to Jason Landry in Texas?

Yes, I agree fully that this type of scenario is a real possibility. I’m sorry it happened to your sister.

The only question I have: Where is the vehicle? If a guy offered to drive her in her own vehicle with nefarious intentions, what became of her vehicle afterwards?
Unfortunately I know that one from experience...get in a car and drive drunk or under the influence of something else you may "think" you know what direction you are headed in but you don't realize how disorientated you really are. If this poor girl isn't in the water than I think it is becoming clearer somebody took her. :(

As one of the local "boots on the ground", I'll see if I can quickly catch up on some points brought up.

- Driving access from the Party Site, Lakeside Campground etc to Hobart Mills Rd. There is NO back way access to Hobart Mills Rd without exiting the Prosser Campground area, going North on 89 for ~1/2 mile. You need to cross Prosser Creek and there is only 1 bridge which 89 goes over. Once you are on Hobart Mills Rd, as mentioned before... you have access to Dog Valley Rd/Henness Pass Rd to Verdi (just outside of Reno) or North past Stampeded Reservoir / Sardine Valley / to Loyalton and Sierra Valley. These will all be places with very minimal traffic, cameras etc.
- Swimming in Prosser. Yeah, most locals don't swim in it. It is very murky with a muddy bottom. It is NOT the pristine postcard blue of Lake Tahoe.

<modsnip: Discussion of rumors or hearsay is not allowed>

A couple of odd things that I am trying to piece together....
- Video and pictures of the party site clearly show big pine trees etc., which I took pictures of the other night. This was my understanding of The Sanctuary and where SS has said kids were parked all over, including KR.
- The FBI agents told me the party took place closer to the water on this dirt area between an island and the shore (since it is low water, it is all dirt). They said the music was loud and people from the campgrounds and our neighborhood could hear it. I pushed hard on the exact location because I said pictures and media video did not support their location. But, I did not want to get into a debate.... Cleary as they said, they are just trying to find KR.

So.... I am wondering if there were a couple of parties that ended up merging and mixing? Maybe that is why numbers of people at the party have been all over the place from 100-150 to later 200-300?

Local kids started at The Sanctuary (Yellow Star) and primarily out of towners at the other (Green Star)?View attachment 359055

From my run the other night, just before I went back into my neighborhood I took these 2 photos. It is hard to see, but there was a LE truck parked in the GreenStar spot where the FBI claimed the party took place.View attachment 359058
View attachment 359057

- One last side note, my daughter's BF came over last night for dinner. He was not at the party but he knew kids that were. I asked him if there were possibly 2 sites? He said there could have been... especially with 200-300 kids, he imagined kids would be all over the place. Anyhow, this is just something that I am trying to process. Like many, there are things here that just don't add up.

- Btw, my daughters BF works a local sporting goods shop and KR's dad came in yesterday to pick up an item being serviced. Understandably he was in a very bad mood and the employees all gave him some space :(....

Anyhow, just want to try and clarify some of the questions folks have had and with a my personal spin on things as well. We know many of the local kids, their families etc. Most would not hold information back because they are trying to hide things... I just can't help wonder if KR wandered to the other party and something there happened, so the locals didn't see it? I don't know but just feel helpless.
Thanks for this local info, @Runin530mtns. It really helps us visualize the area. A quick question if you don’t mind. If Kiely was in fact by herself and intending to head home as she told her Mom and was also under the influence, do you think it’s likely she went in the wrong direction on 89, quickly realized her mistake, and got off the next exit which was Hobart Mills Rd? Looking at the map, it looks like she would take 89 S to go home and 89 N to Hobart Mills Rd./Stampede Lake etc.
Of course the other possibilities are that she didn’t intend to go home and headed in that direction to find: Another party? Meet someone? Or someone else was driving her vehicle.
Would a 16 year old be very familiar with that area? Somewhat familiar? At that age, she probably hadn’t been driving that long.

Attachments

• EE7AC649-FFD7-494A-9040-BC53BF2347AB.jpeg
    EE7AC649-FFD7-494A-9040-BC53BF2347AB.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Have we heard if Kiely is attending college this academic year? Where that would be? If she was looking forward to it?
Any career plans?
I know she has been working at a local tea shop.
I believe she was planning on going to Sierra College this year to study music, but I am unsure of the source as there have been so many.

Unfortunately I know that one from experience...get in a car and drive drunk or under the influence of something else you may "think" you know what direction you are headed in but you don't realize how disorientated you really are. If this poor girl isn't in the water than I think it is becoming clearer somebody took her. :(
Or Kiely went off the road, and the vehicle is hidden and not yet found. There are many such examples after extensive searches. I earlier pointed out one from last year, where the mountain road the couple took was known. Massive search. But it was a local guy with a drone who eventually found the vehicle.

you would think but there was another missing persons case, a young man who disappeared from his car while traveling cant remember his name but his clothes were all over the road as if he stripped down naked and they did not get his snapchat for 17 or 18 months.
I think it was Jason Laundry missing from TX. Definitely an under investigated case

Have they (anyone) extensively searched all parking lots between the campground and her home? Thinking of the recent Chrissy Powell case where she was found in her car in a busy shopping mall parking lot, a few weeks after she disappeared and was supposedly there that entire time. Thinking if she was able to drive and decided to pull over, either just to rest or get a coffee at a McDonalds or some place open at that hour...

I’ve been a little hung up on the phone timeline. If I understand the timeline, it was around 11 PM that it would have been plugged in to be charged. I don’t know how long the charge was or how long that charge would have powered the phone for. But if the car could charge the phone properly, doesn’t that mean that she for some reason didn’t plug it in when she (presumably) departed the party? Otherwise it wouldn’t have lost power without someone manually turning it off.

Also, a potential theory I’ve not seen discussed: could the car battery have been drained enough during the time they were in the car to charge their phones to not allow her to turn the engine when she was ready to leave? If so, it opens up the possibility of someone giving a jump start and offering to follow her to make sure she didn’t have issues OR to offer a ride or makeshift tow somewhere.

I’ve been a little hung up on the phone timeline. If I understand the timeline, it was around 11 PM that it would have been plugged in to be charged. I don’t know how long the charge was or how long that charge would have powered the phone for. But if the car could charge the phone properly, doesn’t that mean that she for some reason didn’t plug it in when she (presumably) departed the party? Otherwise it wouldn’t have lost power without someone manually turning it off.

Also, a potential theory I’ve not seen discussed: could the car battery have been drained enough during the time they were in the car to charge their phones to not allow her to turn the engine when she was ready to leave? If so, it opens up the possibility of someone giving a jump start and offering to follow her to make sure she didn’t have issues OR to offer a ride or makeshift tow somewhere.
If has been covered but just being turned off would not make it unpingable. It is either destroyed or in the water or somewhere with absolutely no service.

Thanks for this local info, @Runin530mtns. It really helps us visualize the area. A quick question if you don’t mind. If Kiely was in fact by herself and intending to head home as she told her Mom and was also under the influence, do you think it’s likely she went in the wrong direction on 89, quickly realized her mistake, and got off the next exit which was Hobart Mills Rd? Looking at the map, it looks like she would take 89 S to go home and 89 N to Hobart Mills Rd./Stampede Lake etc.
Of course the other possibilities are that she didn’t intend to go home and headed in that direction to find: Another party? Meet someone? Or someone else was driving her vehicle.
Would a 16 year old be very familiar with that area? Somewhat familiar? At that age, she probably hadn’t been driving that long.
It would have been dark with 50% moon light. It did rain all day earlier and was pretty humid, so the dust on our local dirt roads would have been minimal.... which would have made for easier night driving (not as much dust reflection off the headlights). If she made a wrong turn heading N on 89, she should have realized it as soon as she crossed Prosser Creek and easily been able to pull a U-turn at Hobart Mills Rd, which is simply a right hand turn off of 89 (as opposed to an "exit").

Kids around here are pretty familiar with the area. Elementary schools do various field trips in this area like hikes along Sagehen Creek, overnight school camps at Sagehen Field Station (Sagehen Creek Field Station – UC Natural Reserve System). The kids grow up getting very comfortable at a young age with being outdoors. For her growing up in Lost Trail Lodge, one of the more remote areas within our town boundaries, I would guess she was very comfortable being outdoors etc.

Obviously she was a young driver and sounds like fairly impaired.... so who knows what she was thinking or going on, if in fact she was behind the wheel.

Btw, I was at the Hobart Mills intersection with my wife ~9:30am Sat morning on our mtn bikes. There were a couple of nondescript white/gray SUVs parked there, but I didn't notice them.... I wish I did pay closer attention. This is a popular spot to start mountain bike rides from. My wife and I were just enjoying the trails which were in great shape after the previous day's rain.

Last edited:

Depending on the phone type and the apps she used the battery can drain in different ways. Snapchat and Marc Polo for instance drain my battery faster than any other apps as does some videos played via FB.

It would have been dark with 50% moon light. It did rain all day earlier and was pretty humid, so the dust on our local dirt roads would have been minimal.... which would have made for easier night driving (not as much dust reflection off the headlights). If she made a wrong turn heading N on 89, she should have realized it as soon as she crossed Prosser Creek and easily been able to pull a U-turn at Hobart Mills Rd, which is simply a right hand turn off of 89 (as opposed to an "exit").

Kids around here are pretty familiar with the area. Elementary schools do various field trips in this area like hikes along Sagehen Creek, overnight school camps at Sagehen Field Station (Sagehen Creek Field Station – UC Natural Reserve System). The kids grow up getting very comfortable at a young age with being outdoors. For her growing up in Lost Trail Lodge, one of the more remote areas within our town boundaries, I would guess she was very comfortable being outdoors etc.

Obviously she was a young driver and sounds like fairly impaired.... so who knows what she was thinking or going on, if in fact she was behind the wheel.

Btw, I was at the Hobart Mills intersection with my wife ~9:30am on our mtn bikes. There were a couple of nondescript white/gray SUVs parked there, but I didn't notice them.... I wish I did pay closer attention. This is a popular spot to start mountain bike rides from. My wife and I were just enjoying the trails which were in great shape after the previous day's rain.
Thank you very much for sharing your local insight, pictures and description of the area.

Thank you very much for sharing your local insight, pictures and description of the area.
You are welcome. The group here has a ton of experience with these type of missing persons cases... so the questions and thoughts that have been asked has been very enlightening and educational for me. Like everyone here... I hope there is some kind of break through with insight or information today. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname