Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
PLACER COUNTY, Ca. (News 4 & Fox 11) — The Placer County Sheriff's Office (PCSO) is asking for the public's help in locating missing 16-year-old teen, Kiely Rodni.

According to PCSO, Kiely was last seen at around 12:30 a.m. on August 6 near the Prosser Family Campground in Truckee. She was said to be at a party with a huge group of minors and young adults. Her car is also not located at the party and her phone has been out of service.

Kiely is described as:
  • Caucasian female
  • Five-feet-seven-inches tall
  • Weights 115 pounds
  • Blonde hair
  • Hazel eyes
  • Green Dickies pants, black tank top, multiple piercings and jewelry with a nose ring
Her car is a silver 2013 Honda CRV with a California license plate of 8YUR127.

Anyone with information on Kiely's whereabouts is urged to call PCSO at (530) 886-5357.

2ed18e2f-6bb4-439a-baee-70bb7aacafd6-large16x9_kielyrodni.png

21eb9e2f-c096-4822-8363-d71f5ff22e48-medium16x9_carofmissing16yokiely.jpg

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by Friends on these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Do not link to a victim or suspect's social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Approved group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..." (usually a page run by family)
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.
NOT ALLOWED

Names or images of minor children are not allowed unless they are the missing or deceased victim.

Social media pages of family members and/or friends of either a victim or a suspect, and most any other individual are OFF LIMITS. Random blogs or random youtube videos are also OFF LIMITS. Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them.

MOD NOTE:

OFFICIAL support pages for victims are allowed to be posted. Those pages will be called something like "Help Find..." or "Justice for..." and will usually be run by the family. Posts on MSM or LE social media can also be posted.

Pages from random, non-approved groups are not the official group may NOT be posted.
  • Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

ADMIN NOTE:

As SS is a major case player in this matter of Keily's disappearance, her FindKeily page is being approved for discussion.

Please just ease up on this young lady and do not trash her or insinuate that she is somehow responsible for Keily's disappearance.

Thank you.

Placer County Sheriff's Office

https://www.facebook.com/PlacerSher...fM0yqF9rwvl5LK16OP26ceRMBTxxuiQ&__tn__=,O,P-R
·

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office and Nevada County Sheriff's Office continue to search for 16-year-old Kiely Rodni who went missing in the early morning hours of August 6th, near the Prosser Family Campground. Yesterday, detectives located video surveillance of Kiely at a local business in Truckee at 6:08 p.m. on August 5th – just hours before she went to the party at the Prosser Family Campground. Numerous resources and agencies have responded to help locate Kiely over the past several days. Detectives and searchers from across the state continue to search the area in and around the campground, as the only lead they have is Kiely’s last known location before she went missing. Marine units from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office, Nevada County Sheriff’s Office, and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office conducted water searches yesterday. Helicopters from the California Highway Patrol and the Placer County Sheriff’s Office continued to do aerial searches for Kiely and her vehicle. The figures outlined above are reflective of investigative and search and rescue efforts between August 6th and August 9th. A press conference will be held at 2 p.m. in the parking lot of the California Highway Patrol office at 10475 Pioneer Trail, in Truckee. A separate community meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. at the Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District at 10981 Truckee Way, in Truckee.
: _@.. -- : () - .
May be an image of text that says 'ORONER- MAR @LACER COUNTE SHERIFF NIETADA COUNT SHERIFF UNIFIED COMMAND UPDATE SEARCH FOR KIELY RODNI 8/10/2022 9:00 a.m. TIP LINE: (530) 581-6320 Option Assisting Agencies DEDICATED RESOURCES FROM 8/6/2022-8/9/2022** **These numbers are approximation Personnel Assigned 265 Dedicated Personnel Hours 4 600, Air Resources # Tips Received from 8/6-8/9 300 (PCSO, CHP) California Highway Patrol, Federal Burauf Investigation, Security, Truckee Police Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Washoe County Sheriff's Office, California Central Intelligence Center, Placer County OES'

I think this is a really important observation. The copter didn't follow the ORV loop at the top of Verdi Peak. They weren't looking for ORV.

Maybe someone at Stampede noticed headlights up along DVR towards Verdi Peak that night?

Do you think there is any way that 2013 Honda CRV could have made it over that route into Verdi in the dark?
That route could be easily managed by a Honda CRV. Dog Valley Rd. which is sometimes also called Henness Pass Rd depending on which map you are using, is essentially a gravel road. Some of the roads off it are more pot holed and rutted, but the fact that the CRV is all wheel drive, it would have been no problem at all.

Here is a forest service map of the area so people can understand how many OHV roads there are.

Prosser area USFS OHV map.png

At least three dive teams have joined the search for missing California 16-year-old Kiely Rodni at the Prosser Creek Reservoir near Lake Tahoe.

They arrived at a cordoned-off boat ramp early Wednesday, as the search for Rodni entered its fifth day and following fruitless efforts involving K-9s, land vehicles, aircraft and boats.

The divers were staging in the boat ramp parking lot before planned searches in areas of the reservoir, which is 60 feet deep at its nadir. Crews told Fox News Digital they planned to search underwater near the shore.

Is there any information on when the party cleared out?
Did any of her friends/family head to the party location when they realized that she was missing (around 8-9am I believe)?
If so, were there people still there? How about vehicles waiting to be picked back up?
Was the location left a mess… cans/bottles, garbage, forgotten or lost personal items?
I only ask because I think this would give more of a sense of what kind of activities were going on at the party.
In my experience (small town girl with many memories of partying in the woods) we mostly just drank, so the next day the site would be littered with discarded beer cans, random sweatshirts, shoes, a couple of chairs and a blanket or two. None of us were responsible the night of, but we always went back to clean up the mess!
From the picture that was released it seems everyone basically stood around empty handed‍♀️

Is there any information on when the party cleared out?
Did any of her friends/family head to the party location when they realized that she was missing (around 8-9am I believe)?
If so, were there people still there? How about vehicles waiting to be picked back up?
Was the location left a mess… cans/bottles, garbage, forgotten or lost personal items?
I only ask because I think this would give more of a sense of what kind of activities were going on at the party.
In my experience (small town girl with many memories of partying in the woods) we mostly just drank, so the next day the site would be littered with discarded beer cans, random sweatshirts, shoes, a couple of chairs and a blanket or two. None of us were responsible the night of, but we always went back to clean up the mess!
From the picture that was released it seems everyone basically stood around empty handed
It sounded like some people planned on spending the night. So my thoughts would be that people would still have been there in the early AM. Her friend SS even mentioned that she thought that K was staying the night there.

I wonder why they’re doing another so soon? Could it be real updated new information, hopefully?
Hard to tell... maybe just to report on the dives happening at the Prosser Creek Reservoir right now. Hmm, maybe LE believes they're going to find the car? It seems like if they were confident the car is in the water they would make an announcement when they find it rather than a scheduled presser.

Catching up real quick.... I have a couple of observations from my run and pictures of the boat ramp at 7:30pm last night.

- There was a slight breeze and it was pushing the water East from the boat ramp. I imagine much of the dive teams efforts would be focused to the lookers right of the boat ramp.
- Friday night was calm at my house so I think it was probably calm at the reservoir as well.
- The terrain does enter the water at a fairly steep angle, so it is probably deeper than I think. The water is pretty dark as well.

IMG_1483.jpegIMG_1484.jpegIMG_1485.jpegIMG_1486.jpegIMG_1487.jpegIMG_1488.jpegIMG_1489.jpegIMG_1490.jpegIMG_1491.jpeg
- For reference, here is where they were partying... and the main dirt road people need to drive to get there, from the one paved road in/out to this area.

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 10.37.45 AM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member