Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Runin530mtns - thanks so much for sharing your photos earlier on page 1 here! I didn't realize the party location wasn't next to the water. Given your experience with that reservoir, do you think a vehicle could be pushed into the water from the dam itself, once you'd get it over those rocks?

A photo of missing Truckee teen Kiely Rodni.

At a teenager-only meeting Tuesday night, organized by Kiely's friend Sami Smith, about 70 teenagers showed up. The meeting was organized for teens who might be afraid of sharing information with police or parents with information that could help locate the missing teen.
Supporters form a prayer circle following a press conference regarding missing 16-year-old Kiely Rodni at the Truckee Donner Community Recreation Center in Truckee on Aug. 9, 2022. Rodni was last seen near Prosser Creek Reservoir near Truckee on Aug. 6th.

The sheriff’s office would not say if they were working to search her cell phone history for information.

Has it been reported by LE, SS or MSM as to the exact location of K's parked car at the party? Orientation of where car was facing in terms direction towards exit/boat ramp. @Runin530mtns - Your aerial was one of the best I have seen yet. I would like to get a mental picture of where she was parked in relation to the boat ramp and exit road out of there. I saw 100 yds from Prosser gathering area to K's car, but don't recall if anyone posted an aerial shot of parked car location?
I am assuming the kids were parked at the campsite (yellow star). My sloppy redline out of there is the way cars can go in/out on the dirt road. The blue line is the paved road in/out of the various campgrounds and boat ramp in Prosser. If you turn right coming off the dirt road, you head to the boat ramp. Turn left on the paved road, you head towards 89... the main highway back to Truckee and towards her home.updatedMap.jpg

This doesn't sound very promising. I wonder how many of the supposed 300 tips came from people who were actually at the party? Somebody surely really knows something, and needs to come forward.

As of Wednesday morning, the sheriff's office said they have received 300 tips from across the country on Kiely's disappearance.

But none of those tips have been viable, Musallam said.

Particularly alarming is water in that area. I have more questions than answers but wonder....how long can a cell phone be submerged in water before it can't be tracked? Obviously if Kiely's phone was turned off it seems unlikely she would have turned it off herself. Were there any tire marks present in the area that may match Kiely's tire tread or footprints, especially near the reservoir? I remember being a teenager and telling my parents I was leaving someplace then hours later show up, so the timeline here could be off. I also am pretty sure you don't call your mom and tell her you are on your way home if you plan to run away. I know there have been hundreds of folks looking for Kiely, maybe something of her's may be discovered somewhere in the vicinity of the party that might indicate the possibility of a struggle if Kiely was taken. My heart breaks as a mom myself.

This doesn't sound very promising. I wonder how many of the supposed 300 tips came from people who were actually at the party? Somebody surely really knows something, and needs to come forward.

As of Wednesday morning, the sheriff's office said they have received 300 tips from across the country on Kiely's disappearance.

But none of those tips have been viable, Musallam said.

Tips “from across the country” sounds like it could lead to wasted time. It would seem tips should be local and from party attendees. Her friend SS also said in an interview that the story should go out “across the whole world”. How can people in Europe or Japan help find her? I don’t get it.

I'm just going to say it and I'm sure a lot will disagree with me but I personally do not think she's in that reservoir. Looking at the maps that boat ramp is pretty good distance from where the party was and I just don't see her going into that direction. It seems like an odd direction to go from where the party was.

If they don't find her car in any body of water which should pretty damn easy to find if she wrecked in to there especially if they have submarine then my working theory is she was drugged or in general pretty messed up at this party by someone who went there with someone else and that person told their friends "I got her I'll take her home" so that they could take advantage of her and then bc she was so out of it she let them drive her car and she's been missing ever since.

Something similar happened to my sister years ago at her senior banquet after party in high school. She was SA right at the afterparty because she was too drunk to be able to consent. Luckily she was brought home by two classmates. Things like that do happen.

Dog Valley Rd between Stampede Lake and Verdi...I would drive a 2wd car on this in the summer...

ETA: Helicopter was back and forth over this road this AM.

View attachment 358834View attachment 358835
Many of the roads seem quite twisty, but they have banks at both sides.....are there many where are there ravines or drop offs at the sides with scrub/bushes at the bottom?

Many of the roads seem quite twisty, but they have banks at both sides.....are there many where are there ravines or drop offs at the sides with scrub/bushes at the bottom?
With how dry the area is, it is really hard to believe that the car is off the road somewhere near by with all the searching that has been going on. The brush is not dense due to the dryness.

I'm just going to say it and I'm sure a lot will disagree with me but I personally do not think she's in that reservoir. Looking at the maps that boat ramp is pretty good distance from where the party was and I just don't see her going into that direction. It seems like an odd direction to go from where the party was.

If they don't find her car in any body of water which should pretty damn easy to find if she wrecked in to there especially if they have submarine then my working theory is she was drugged or in general pretty messed up at this party by someone who went there with someone else and that person told their friends "I got her I'll take her home" so that they could take advantage of her and then bc she was so out of it she let them drive her car and she's been missing ever since.

Something similar happened to my sister years ago at her senior banquet after party in high school. She was SA right at the afterparty because she was too drunk to be able to consent. Luckily she was brought home by two classmates. Things like that do happen.
Yes, I agree fully that this type of scenario is a real possibility. I’m sorry it happened to your sister.

The only question I have: Where is the vehicle? If a guy offered to drive her in her own vehicle with nefarious intentions, what became of her vehicle afterwards?

Tips “from across the country” sounds like it could lead to wasted time. It would seem tips should be local and from party attendees. Her friend SS also said in an interview that the story should go out “across the whole world”. How can people in Europe or Japan help find her? I don’t get it.
Maybe not all over the world... but for sure the main west coast areas and connecting states I would think would be huge. I realized today that Hot August nights happened that same weekend, if you were traveling from Reno to say SF, you would take 80 most likely. Anyone on the road could have seen her car. People come from all over for that event, sometimes not staying in Reno because of the lack of hotels, or just not wanting to stay in Reno at all and staying somewhere close enough to drive in.

I tend to agree. I do think the phone is in the water though as it can not be tracked (she has an iPhone which can be tracked even when turned off). The only way it would not be trackable is if it's submerged. I'm leaning towards abduction with the phone tossed into the water and the abductor driving her car.

I am assuming the kids were parked at the campsite (yellow star). My sloppy redline out of there is the way cars can go in/out on the dirt road. The blue line is the paved road in/out of the various campgrounds and boat ramp in Prosser. If you turn right coming off the dirt road, you head to the boat ramp. Turn left on the paved road, you head towards 89... the main highway back to Truckee and towards her home.View attachment 358896
@Runin530mtns thanks that helps, the boat ramp is farther away from the gathering area. I now wonder how many times KR has been to this location (yellow star) to be with friends/parties/camping. If multiple times as passenger, but first time as a 16 yr old driver, late night, dark, then making a right to boat ramp is plausible. Dirt road tees into a paved road, loss of direction and recall of how she got there. AMOO

Considering the thoroughness of searches so far it is surprising the car hasn't been found in any body of water or ravine.

Still, in the case of Olivia Lone Bear her truck was found in only 21 feet of water, nine months after she went missing. In her case her poor family begged LE to search for her and it was a civilian who finally located the truck.

Then again, Chelsea Bruck, who didn't have a car, was drunk and abducted by a man who ultimately murdered her. She also was attending a huge party. Both cases have threads here.

I guess my point is that even thorough searches can miss things and also not every party is attended by "nice" people. IOW who the heck knows. :(

At this point IMO the least possibility is that Kiely ran away and that's about all I can say with confidence. Anything else is still up in the air. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993